Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Team Talk Thread VI - Stander Up and Fight

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

davo2001 wrote: »
    Got a link or a source for that?

Not sure Munster were ever "bailed out", they were just allowed to stop paying back their debts cause they couldn't afford it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/irfu-chief-does-not-believe-munster-can-make-debt-repayments-1.2723985

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

awec wrote: »
    Not sure Munster were ever "bailed out", they were just allowed to stop paying back their debts cause they couldn't afford it.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/irfu-chief-does-not-believe-munster-can-make-debt-repayments-1.2723985

slightly worst that that... they werent making their required debt repayments so the irfu had to step in and restructure their loan to expand the time limit making the loan a lot 'softer' and manageable

thats a bail out in any language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

John Hayes Ligind
    Yes it is different. Because 1) It's an asset. And 2) They have to cover the debt if Munster become insolvent. Neither of those apply to the Saracens debt, which has been created by opex and which the owners have no requirement to cover.

But they don't have to bear the full weight of the salaries. It's a totally pointless exercise to imagine what would happen if they did.

Why is it extremely unlikely that the owners would walk away? As far as I'm concerned they're already doing that. They invested a lot of money a decade ago which saw lots of South Africans brought to London. Now those players have gone and there's been no more investment from them or the chairman. Brits in the press recently said the "south african era is over" and I think he's right. They no longer have a reason to sink tens of millions into an insolvent club, they'd much more likely just walk away like others before them.

Sorry, but they are not what a rugby club should be. A rugby club should not hire "fat ladys" to sing during a game they're winning. A rugby club should not offer fans their money back if an ex-player scores against them. A rugby club should not pipe in crowd noise into the away section to disrespect travelling fans. A rugby club shouldn't treat players the way they reportedly have done, like Andy Saul and some others. A rugby club shouldn't be breaching things like the salary cap. I'm sure there's more.

replied in General thread lest we bring down .ak's rage upon ourselves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    The IRFU had to come in and take 50% ownership of the stadium and dish out some very lovely interest-free, open-ended loans. .

No, Thomond Park Stadium Co. is a joint venture between the IRFU and MR. The stadium was always 50/50 owned with full ownership to revert to Munster Rugby once the loans were paid off or if the loans weren't paid then the IRFU could take full ownership of the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

replied in General thread lest we bring down .ak's rage upon ourselves.

nerd-bully-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Psycho Killer - "Hands Away" (Prop-Prop-Prrrroppp-Prop, Prop-Prop-Prop-Prrrrrrop-Prop)
    Loads of tickets available online there. Got no notice of it, just had the tab open from yesterday and thought Id refresh it. Snagged 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

A new born king to see POM POM POM POM POM
    Loads of tickets available online there. Got no notice of it, just had the tab open from yesterday and thought Id refresh it. Snagged 4
    Some pretty decent ones too. Brother just got two row A tickets on the 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They all seem to have suddenly disappeared ,I was buying 2 ,and there were loads left ,then there were none a few seconds later.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

MRSC Buses to the SF
    The Munster Rugby Supporters Club have organised a FREE bus service for MRSC members from each county in Munster which will bring supporters to one of our official meeting points at Wanderers FC ahead of the Champions Cup Semi Final. We wish to thank the EPCR for sponsoring these buses for our members. One bus will be leaving from each of the six counties with the view to arrive at Wanderers FC between 12 and 12:30. Wanderers FC have offered their complete facilities for our supporters and will have food and drink options available on arrival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

John Hayes Ligind
    I'm once again going to be in Cork on the weekend of the Sarries game - best spot to watch the match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I'm once again going to be in Cork on the weekend of the Sarries game - best spot to watch the match?

The Rob Roy is small, but a great rugby pub with loads of screens all over. Sometimes go to the Rising Sons, nice big screen there.

If the weather's nice (it's getting to that time of year) I'd recommend the Courtyard (or even Deep South). Sitting outside in the sun, watching rugby on the big screen, getting food & drink brought to your table. Doesn't get much better than that.

The B&I Cup Final is on in Musgrave Park too on the Friday, if you want to close your eyes and pretend you're at the semi. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

To everyone who did NOT vote for 'Deysel powered va JJ' please instantly put me on your ignore list. You clearly have no appreciation for anything that is good in our universe, and I do not wish my words to be wasted on your primitive minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Guess Who's Back, Back Again? JJ's Back, Tell a Friend
    molloyjh wrote: »
    nerd-bully-1.jpg

Woah, hey now! :mad:

... He's way more buff than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

wp_rathead wrote: »

Lucky you!
    who_me wrote: »
    The Rob Roy is small, but a great rugby pub with loads of screens all over. Sometimes go to the Rising Sons, nice big screen there.

If the weather's nice (it's getting to that time of year) I'd recommend the Courtyard (or even Deep South). Sitting outside in the sun, watching rugby on the big screen, getting food & drink brought to your table. Doesn't get much better than that.

The B&I Cup Final is on in Musgrave Park too on the Friday, if you want to close your eyes and pretend you're at the semi. :)

All good shouts above, I'd also recommend Canty's (next to the GPO) or Counihan's on Washington Street.

The Thomond on Cook St (I think) tend to make big deals for games, but it will probably be rammed and it tends to be a bit bandwagon-y anyway.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    To everyone who did NOT vote for 'Deysel powered va JJ' please instantly put me on your ignore list. You clearly have no appreciation for anything that is good in our universe, and I do not wish my words to be wasted on your primitive minds.

I was probably a bit too high brow with that one.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Stander up and fight is both simple and clever

More tickets on sale apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Stander Up and Fight
    Any good bars in Lisbon? I've heard of Hennessys but don't know if thats ideal for a manic Munsterman

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

snowflaker wrote: »
    More tickets on sale apparently

When? Managed to get two absolute sh*tty tickets in the North Stand that I wouldn't mind upgrading. Albeit, if i can;t get better, then they will suffice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Return of the JJ
    I keep on trying the Ticketmaster site and I've got nothing! I'm even trying from different pc's and browsers.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Any good bars in Lisbon? I've heard of Hennessys but don't know if thats ideal for a manic Munsterman

hennessys is probably the best know irish bar

pink street later for the night clubs if your a chung wan, barrio alto if your a little older.

be prepared to be offered drugs at every turn

• Advertisement

I keep on trying the Ticketmaster site and I've got nothing! I'm even trying from different pc's and browsers.

No tickets on the regular Ticketmaster link but try under events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Just trying to buy an Associate Membership package.... Anybody any idea what the difference is between adult and membership under "Select number of tickets"? I don't know which one I am meant to click.... once you select 1 in one pop down box the other one can only be set to zero, and vice-versa... :confused:

Screenshot attached:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No idea. Give the MRSC a call, they're very helpful.

http://mrsc.ie/contact/index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Return of the JJ
    phog wrote: »

Beauty, that's worked. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Thanks worked for me too. Some problems with verified by VISA, the page wasn't directing from Ticketmaster and ended up with a lot worse tickets than originally secured once it eventually worked. But happy just to be in the ground.

Two tickets left in the whole stadium (though obviously more could become available later on..)

Edit - and they're gone, while I was typing that.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ticketmaster could be up to their old trick of releasing tickets in small batches to simulate excessive demand and make people think they need to buy straight away or they're going to miss out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

awec wrote: »
    Ticketmaster could be up to their old trick of releasing tickets in small batches to simulate excessive demand and make people think they need to buy straight away or they're going to miss out.

No doubt that is what they are up to .
    Selling the worst seats first ,no doubt loads of good seats will miraculously appear next week.
    Would be nice if you could upgrade your seat like Ticketmaster in the States allow.

I hope they send out the tickets before the Bank holiday weekend as that will cause a big delay in the post.

I ****ing despise that company.

• Advertisement

No doubt that is what they are up to .
    Selling the worst seats first ,no doubt loads of good seats will miraculously appear next week.
    Would be nice if you could upgrade your seat like Ticketmaster in the States allow.

I hope they send out the tickets before the Bank holiday weekend as that will cause a big delay in the post.

I almost hope not at this point, one of the worst seats in the stadium I got!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Return of the JJ
    This may seem like a silly question, but I just joined the MRSC as an associate member, what will be sent to me in the post? A car sticker or something?

This may seem like a silly question, but I just joined the MRSC as an associate member, what will be sent to me in the post? A car sticker or something?

The pack usually includes your membership card, a free gift (something like a beanie hat, a scarf or gloves), a car sticker and a 20% discount voucher for an item of Munster clothing from Lifestyle Sports.
    Your membership card also gets you a 10% discount on everything in Lifestyle Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

davo2001 wrote:
    car sticker. Some sort of gift has been baseball cap, beanie, snood in years i was member. Been few years since I've been a member and there is few other things which i cant remember

rekdtangle wrote: »
    I almost hope not at this point, one of the worst seats in the stadium I got!

Ha. Row L in the north stand is pretty bad. Currently looking on Capel st for binoculars.

Shougeki wrote: »
    Ha. Row L in the north stand is pretty bad. Currently looking on Capel st for binoculars.

521 BB 17

I think its 3rd row from the back in the corner.

• Advertisement

It's 12 rows back from the pitch behind the goal. Why would you need binoculars?

Do they still add that sneaky fiver at the end to actually make it €35? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Return of the JJ

Nah, it was €30 all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I don't remember any sneaky charges, there's a service charge and they ask if you want to enter a giant draw (which is a fiver)

leakyboots wrote: »
    I don't remember any sneaky charges, there's a service charge and they ask if you want to enter a giant draw (which is a fiver)
    That was probably it.

• Advertisement

Officials for Saturday are
    Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR – 65th tournament game)
    AR1: Emanuele Tomo (FIR) AR2: John Carvill (IRFU)
    TMO: Stefano Penne (FIR)

Thankfully it isn't Dudley Philips or David Wilkinson

This is pretty close to your seat (upper tier, row L, adjacent section). Looks a pretty excellent view to me.

Waiting for news on Stander...

8y4qK_s-200x150.gif

It's 12 rows back from the pitch behind the goal. Why would you need binoculars?

Cos knowing my luck all the action will be at the other end of the pitch. And yeah the 521 BB was pretty bad. I had 521 P in my basket, but declined in the end, thinking they wouldnt be any better than the North Stand.

Anyway just happy I have a ticket.

who_me wrote: »
    This is pretty close to your seat (upper tier, row L, adjacent section). Looks a pretty excellent view to me.

North stand is the one with no upper tier at the far end :P

North stand is the one with no upper tier at the far end :P

Aieee. Saw section 521 in a response to the above post and got confugled. Thanks for the correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Why are you all spelling Ticketb@stard wrong? :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I assume North Stand block 130 are pretty poor seats?

I assume North Stand block 130 are pretty poor seats?

Behind one of the goal areas, low down and close to the pitch. If stuff is on the other end, you won't see it :D.
    Still the atmosphere will be electric :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Behind one of the goal areas, low down and close to the pitch. If stuff is on the other end, you won't see it :D.
    Still the atmosphere will be electric :P

Thought it was in the corner? It's row Q so isn't that low down.

p.s. I have a long neck and decent eyesight so I'm optimistic :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement