If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K ultra HD BD Player

Options
  • 06-04-2017 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any cheapish 4k ultra HD Blu Ray players around ??? I saw a few and there very expensive 

Why are they so expensive compared to normal smart BD players ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Snipped by Mod

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Are there any cheapish 4k ultra HD Blu Ray players around ??? I saw a few and there very expensive 

Why are they so expensive compared to normal smart BD players ??
    Hi PTH2009.

Thanks for the post.

Most are high priced as they are new tech and and only on the market. Some of them use very high quality components and are built like tanks.

Standard Bluray players players can not play 4K discs that is why there is a need to release them.

The cheapest 4K player we stock at the moment would be the Samsung DK8500 priced at £299 (includes free movies)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/samsung/ubdk8500/sams-ubdk8500

Panasonic PUB700 priced at £329.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202330-dmpub700.aspx

When bluray players first came on the market they were in and around the high pricing also.

I hope this is of help.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Snipped by Mod

Have a PS4 and not really a huge gamer. Plus I'll be sharing the player with my dad and I can't see him being able to work an Xbox too watch a 4k disc lol

Might wait for a while til the players go down in price as it will happen when 4k becomes more popular

Have a PS4 and not really a huge gamer. Plus I'll be sharing the player with my dad and I can't see him being able to work an Xbox too watch a 4k disc lol

Might wait for a while til the players go down in price as it will happen when 4k becomes more popular

No worries PTH2009.

Let me know if anything catches your eye in future.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

maximoose,

Please take a moment to read the Charter - queries here are for Richersounds to answer, opinion/advice from Boardies in response to queries on this forum is inappropriate save in exceptional circumstances.

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Cheers Ritz :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.