Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Building Caretaker (repost from Limerick thread on advice)

Options
  • 06-04-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice with an issue in the building where I live.

The management company of the complex have hired a new caretaker who seems a bit ott. I didn't think much of it at first, he was giving out about noise levels and people parking in the wrong spots a bit aggressively but seemed generally harmless.

My flatmates mothers called in a month or so ago with her dog while she was out for a walk and he came out of his office and screamed at her that no pets were allowed in the building. The rule from what I can see is we aren't allowed pets which we don't have but assumed a visit from a small dog would be OK. I went to the building management about this and they seemed uninteresting and said it was a misunderstanding.

After that I resigned to just avoid the guy as much as possible. My boyfriend came to visit last night and park his car in the wrong spot. It wasn't blocking anyone but isn't officially a spot. I know this is against the rules but since he was arriving at ten and leaving at six am (outside this guy's working hours) I thought it would be OK.

This morning my boyfriend came down to all the air let out of the tires, the caps gone and an unofficial letter threatening a clamp next time.

I completely know we were in the wrong for parking there but is this legal?

I should also say I'm renting from a private landlord who owns the flat, not from the building management company so I don't even know how much right this guy has over me.

My landlord has contacted the building management as well but got brushed off similar to the way I have been.

Thoughts and advice appreciated! I'm very concerned about where this could escalate to.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

Thats completely illegal. I'd make a complaint to the gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Complaint to the guards ref. Criminal Damage.

However a zealous pursuit of the rules in complexes is very much required as people take the p!ss. Obey the rules and you won't have half these issues now will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 spucey2

> park his car in the wrong spot. It wasn't blocking anyone but isn't officially a spot. I know this is against the rules but since he was arriving at ten and leaving at six am (outside this guy's working hours) I thought it would be OK.

FFS. Seems like having a bit more respect for the rules might improve your position...

spucey2 wrote: »
    > park his car in the wrong spot. It wasn't blocking anyone but isn't officially a spot. I know this is against the rules but since he was arriving at ten and leaving at six am (outside this guy's working hours) I thought it would be OK.

FFS. Seems like having a bit more respect for the rules might improve your position...

Yeah. Sure maybe the caretaker should have spray-painted on the windscreen too while he was at it and took a sh1t on the bonnett. Cause OP broke a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Yeah. Sure maybe the caretaker should have spray-painted on the windscreen too while he was at it and took a sh1t on the bonnett. Cause OP broke a rule.

Maybe someone should look at the date of the OP. :pac:

• Advertisement

Maybe someone should look at the date of the OP. :pac:

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Obey the rules and you won't have half these issues now will you?
    spucey2 wrote: »

Seriously? The guy let the air of of the car tyres, that isn't exactly within "the rules" either is it? He sounds like he needs a hiding.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note:

Folks, this thread is almost a year old and the OP hasn't been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Graham wrote: »
    Mod Note:

Folks, this thread is almost a year old and the OP hasn't been back since.

Somebody needs to check the caretakers flower beds.

Advertisement