Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking for less responsibility

Options
  • 06-04-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

I'm in a position of a Senior Foreman in the company I work for.
    I'd like to take a step back to a lesser role as standard tradesman which I know the company will give me work still.

How can I put this to my employer as Id not like to break my time as I'm in a permanent contract at present but would still like to be kept on permanent.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Thespoofer wrote: »
    I'm in a position of a Senior Foreman in the company I work for.
    I'd like to take a step back to a lesser role as standard tradesman which I know the company will give me work still.

How can I put this to my employer as Id not like to break my time as I'm in a permanent contract at present but would still like to be kept on permanent.
    Thanks

I would expect that you're on a higher wage than those you're supervising.
    It's fair to assume the company would need you to move down to a wage at the level you're moving down to.

Offer to your employer to train up your replacement, offer to take the pay cut and fingers crossed they are ok with a role swap like that.

Advertisement