Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magical All Stars Live Tribute Show

Options
  • 06-04-2017 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any one been to this show? Only info i can get from Google is that the show travels around from hotel to hotel over at least the last 4 years. But can't find one review or info even about it.

Has anyone been to it can say good or bad?

Cheers, P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 T1986

I was at one in a hotel in Killarney. You couldn't buy tickets before hand & when we arrived we were queuing for AGES! It got to the stage where we heard whispers that they would have to turn most of us away because it was full!
    We did get in eventually. My son is 3 & it just wasn't for him. They have alot of characters (Paw Patrol, Doc McStuffins, etc) but they walk out have a dance, walk around the room & leave (the next character is brought out before they leave).
    Personally I wouldn't go again. It was €10 per person which is fairly pricey really for what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

I was wondering how they were planning on fitting all the characters in such a short time.

Will leave it!

Cheers for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bearoige

Do you know how long the show lasts for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

We went to the one in Silver Springs in Cork a couple of months ago, there were vouchers for €2 off per ticket in local shops so we only paid €8 pp. we didn't have an issue with queues for tickets but once we were inside, it was an absolute zoo.

The characters came out, danced around a bit and then went down the back were you could get photos. We were sitting about halfway back and very often couldn't see anything as so many adults were standing with kids at the front (despite being told 20+ times to sit down) The meet and greet at the back had to be seen to be believed. There were kids just monopolising the characters not letting other kids in. A woman pushed my 3 year old out of the way to get a photo. I saw the characters been kicked and hit by kids, while parents just stood by.

There was a frozen section at the end that my daughter loved (we went up the front but to the side so we weren't in people's way for this part) Overall though she found it a bit overwhelming.

The show itself wasn't bad, it was the parents allowing their kids to act like animals that were the problem. A friend of mine was at the same one as us and also when it was in Carrigaline and she said the city one was far, far worse.

Personally I wouldn't go again, it was just too mental for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Bearoige wrote: »
    Do you know how long the show lasts for ?

Ours lasted about 2 hours. About 90 mins too long if you ask me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement