Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree identification no. 51978 ...

Options
  • 06-04-2017 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I was given this tree as a sapling some four or five years ago, along with several others.  It was in a large pot at the time, towards the end of winter so no identifying leaves and the lady I got it from couldn't remember what it was - possibly damson, possibly something more exotic like pomegranate ...  If the latter, I know it's unlikely to ever bear fruit here!  While it has grown well and is now a good 5m in height, the first time it ever blossomed was a few weeks ago.  I'm still not quite sure what it is and a lot of the blossom has now fallen off, so I don't know whether I'll get any fruit off it to be able to ID it.  Anyone able to tell from the pics?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭mr chips

Sorry, first pic wouldn't attach for some reason ... and now I've somehow attached it to this post twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Plum?

Advertisement