Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir fibre broadband in Ballinderreen, Kilcolgan, Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭bookmad

You'd think that alright.

But the road where Tyrone House is excluded they stopped further from that and then didn't come up the other way which is what I thought they would do.

Apparently engineer saying stopped due to 'funding' to cover it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I do apologise bookmad, however, this does not mean you will never be able to receive the service as this is a step by step progress and only parts of the area are being enabled at a time.

Thanks,
    Anna

eir: Anna wrote: »
    I do apologise bookmad, however, this does not mean you will never be able to receive the service as this is a step by step progress and only parts of the area are being enabled at a time.

Thanks,
    Anna

But why not just continue down the road? or come around the corner when installing the lines & Black boxes before moving on to other areas.

Not cool. Neighbors around the corner can now avail of the higher speeds while we are still stuck with 1.8-3MB and now constantly having problems of disconnecting.

Imagine LTE came calling before Christmas but I said no as I wanted to wait for FTTH clearly a mistake.

I do apologise however, the engineers are unable to go outside of the plans that they are given.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pbbuster

bookmad wrote: »

But the road where Tyrone House is excluded they stopped further from that and then didn't come up the other way which is what I thought they would do.

I'm the last house able to get it b4 Tyrone House (Kilcolgan side) but engineers dragging their feet to come back and correct something at the junction box opposite my house! Currently estimated date is 15/6, a whole 5 weeks after their initial visit, to date I've had 4 lots of KN engineers here and one eir technician! Not very cost effective for either Eir or KN.

Funny all the money they spent on bringing the service in this far and they not really bothered about actually installing it! From Kilcolgan up to my house and around the other way and also down Drumacoo I've only seen it having been installed in two houses!!!!

• Advertisement

I do apologise however, the engineers are unable to go outside of the plans that they are given.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

So the person who drew up the plans is at fault.

Thanks for finally giving me the answer I was looking for even if it not a good answer.

So the person who drew up the plans is at fault.

Thanks for finally giving me the answer I was looking for even if it not a good answer.

Would you try contacting your county counsellor

Pbbuster wrote: »
    I'm the last house able to get it b4 Tyrone House (Kilcolgan side) but engineers dragging their feet to come back and correct something at the junction box opposite my house! Currently estimated date is 15/6, a whole 5 weeks after their initial visit, to date I've had 4 lots of KN engineers here and one eir technician! Not very cost effective for either Eir or KN.

Funny all the money they spent on bringing the service in this far and they not really bothered about actually installing it! From Kilcolgan up to my house and around the other way and also down Drumacoo I've only seen it having been installed in two houses!!!!

Indeed its crazy, at least you know the road I am talking about you are probably near that final 'Black Box' that side.

I am down the other way.

Would you try contacting your county counsellor

I did send an email to them all and Seán Canney did get back to me. That he has been bringing it up at sub committees ans will also bring it up again with DOC

Indeed its crazy, at least you know the road I am talking about you are probably near that final 'Black Box' that side.

I am down the other way.[/quote

It's daft they didn't do the whole block, it stopping in a daft spot in Killeenaran too!

Try Joe Byrne too, he's really helpful

• Advertisement

I am down the other way.[/quote

It's daft they didn't do the whole block, it stopping in a daft spot in Killeenaran too!

Try Joe Byrne too, he's really helpful

They have promised to have the work completed by the 15th still no sign of an appointment! I'm not holding my breath!

I have queried this for you Pbbuster and the forecast date is still scheduled for 14/06 as they are awaiting a license for the work to be carried out.

If there are any changes you will be contacted, however, I will be keeping an eye on this for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Do you want to hear the lastest JOKE from Eir and their "Cutting edge technology" and excellent customer service..............NOT

So after being told on the 4th of May that there is a small amout of work to be done at the junction box oppisite my house and that the forecast date was 14th of June. I found this strange as one of the engineers that was here said if he had a small pickaxe he could do the job there and then, but I was told even though the date was given as the 14th they were sure that the engineers would probably do the job before then, they didn;t arrive but a custonmer service agent told me at 5pm yesterday to expect to see them around today.

On hearing this i decided to stay around home today in case the engineers needed assistance or maybe needed to ask me anything, when they didn't arrive by lunchtime I rang 1901, only to be told that the forecast date has been moved to the 5th of September, I lost the rag with the poor lad on the phone, I demanded to be rang back by a supervisor, some very rude girl just rang me back, no apology, just saying this sometimes happens, it I hear, "I.m sorry to hear that" or " sorry for any inconvience caused" I might just hit the  roof. Why can't these people live up to their promises, do their jobs efficently and stop telling lies.....................

Hi Guys, 

I'm really happy to hear this :D

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thanks, 
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Confused. :ermm:

Guys from KN are around now trying to do installations in Oakwood but they told me it cannot be done yet as the splicing hasn't been done. Lots of preorders but nobody can get it.

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Guys from KN are around now trying to do installations in Oakwood but they told me it cannot be done yet as the splicing hasn't been done. Lots of preorders but nobody can get it.
    Hi fbradyirl,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

If there are any issues with installation, a member of our Wholesale team will contact you to advise you as to when this will be resolved.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi fbradyirl,

If there are any issues with installation, a member of our Wholesale team will contact you to advise you as to when this will be resolved.

Thanks,
    Anna

As the County Council have no record of a road opening licence having been applied for in wondering if I get onto my local TD or County councillor would this hasten things?

Hi fbradyirl,

Thanks,
    Anna

As the County Council have no record of a road opening licence having been applied for in wondering if I get onto my local TD or County councillor would this hasten things?
    Hi Pbbuster, 

As far as I am aware this is not something that will speed up the process for you. I wouldn't be able to advise on this from here I'm afraid. If you wish you can query it with them and they will advise you.  

Thanks 

Anna 

Got FTTH installed today. It is well worth the wait!

6446547551.png

• Advertisement

I'm delighted to hear this fbradyirl :D

Thanks,
    Anna

Got FTTH installed today. It is well worth the wait!

6446547551.png
    That's great frbradyirl, I have to wait another 8 weeks, and what's the bets I don't even get it then, glad that you are one of those rare customers who has got sorted! Finding Eir impossible to deal with, total unprofessional and just want to do the easy installs, anything out of the ordinary and they don't want to know! Waiting to here back from my local TD

Very best of luck with it Buster i hope you can get it sorted soon.

Very best of luck with it Buster i hope you can get it sorted soon.

Waiting from call back from Galway County Council to see if they have actually even applied for the licence, council say licence is valid for 12 weeks only once it's issued and as far as I can tell it's a good few euro to apply and get!!! So surely if they do apply they will use it!

My feeling is they can't be bothered and will keep fobbing me off if I don't have eveidence that they have or haven't applied for licence!

I'm a housewife with nothing better to do than make phone calls and send emails, so they will have their work cut out for them if they continue with the bull!!

Wait for it!!!!
    just talking to engineer at "said" junction box, explained the situation and the works that are required and engineers response " sure they won't be doing groundwork like that"!!!! Are this crowd just fobbing me off!

Wait for it!!!!
    just talking to engineer at "said" junction box, explained the situation and the works that are required and engineers response " sure they won't be doing groundwork like that"!!!! Are this crowd just fobbing me off!
    My advice would be to take anything they say with a pinch of salt. For example, an engineer told my next door neighbour that the ducts were blocked from his house to the pit, and that a total dig up of the kerb would be needed. 

The engineer that came to my house was working on the same duct to get me set up and he managed to unblock it. Said no digging would be required. (he did work his ass off to get it through, so fair play to him).

If I were you, I would just keep booking installation appointments until you get lucky and someone actually completes the job for you.

Now our ordinary broadband is running slow 🙄, usually get 10 but only getting 2/3, keeps dropping too!

I've been into Galway County Council and the road opening licence to carry out works required has been granted!!!

Wonder what excuses they will give now for the forecast date being so far into the future!!!

The saga continues!!!

I'm very sorry I cannot give you better news on this, I'm afraid this is still the forecast date provided.

If there are any changes in regards to this, you will be contacted.

Thanks,
    Anna

I'm very sorry I cannot give you better news on this, I'm afraid this is still the forecast date provided.

If there are any changes in regards to this, you will be contacted.

Thanks,
    Anna

Do you just copy and paste that into every thread you are monitoring?

• Advertisement

I can assure you that I don't.

Unfortunately, your forecast date still stands and as advised, if there are any changes to this date you will be notified.

-Anna

Advertisement