Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA Local Studies

Options
  • 06-04-2017 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have an interview after Easter to gain entry to the BA Local Studies beginning Sept 2017, I was just wondering as to the type of questions that will be asked and a few pointers as to how to prepare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

Are you a mature student? I ask because I came to Maynooth as a mature student in 2010 and had to do an interview in the Spring before commencing that September. From what I remember, the meeting involved a two-person panel and was quite brief (maybe 10 minutes max). The questions were quite straightforward, like how prepared was I financially to return to college and what subjects I planned on studying if I was accepted onto the course (I applied for the BA double hons). At the end, one of the interviewers all but told me out straight that I'd be offered a place and to make sure I had put Maynooth down as my first choice on the CAO.

Hope this helps and the best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 grainne whale

Are you a mature student? I ask because I came to Maynooth as a mature student in 2010 and had to do an interview in the Spring before commencing that September. From what I remember, the meeting involved a two-person panel and was quite brief (maybe 10 minutes max). The questions were quite straightforward, like how prepared was I financially to return to college and what subjects I planned on studying if I was accepted onto the course (I applied for the BA double hons). At the end, one of the interviewers all but told me out straight that I'd be offered a place and to make sure I had put Maynooth down as my first choice on the CAO.

Hope this helps and the best of luck with it!
    Thanks for that - yes this course is run for mature students - and you can do the degree over 4/5 years - 2 evening per week.

Advertisement