Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance

• 06-04-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of an insurance company that supplies reasonably priced public liability insurance for chess coaches? I am being quoted silly prices yet I know of football clubs which only pay a very modest amount. I would have thought that there was more chance of being injured playing football than playing chess.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

sodacat11 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of an insurance company that supplies reasonably priced public liability insurance for chess coaches? I am being quoted silly prices yet I know of football clubs which only pay a very modest amount. I would have thought that there was more chance of being injured playing football than playing chess.

Depends on the location and rent. Assuming this in the school next door, the school's insurance would cover the cost. Last time we got it for the Curragh Club the cost was €300 with FBD in Naas for the year...regardless of games and locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Danville

I got insurance for about €250 per annum from Church and General Insurance co but that was about ten years ago. That was for a named chess organisation and we were allowed cover for a dozen or so events per year plus cover for coaches. Hope this gelps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭sodacat11

Thanks for the help. The ICU does have a scheme for coaches coaching ICU members but the children that doesn't cover most of the children that I coach.
    Insurance companies have different schemes for clubs than they do for individuals and the problem seems to be that they all have a minimum policy cost ,in Ireland, in the region of 300 euro despite the very low risk of anyone getting injured while playing chess. I know for a fact that cover is much cheaper in other countries but as with most things we are subject to the rules of rip off Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dave grant

Hi, We got our insurance of Ballyroan Community Chess Club from bhp insurances for €275 they where very helpful, their number is 01-6202030. Hope that helps.

Advertisement