Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaking up the brands (Raw & SD Spoilers - Shakeup Discussion)

Options
  • 06-04-2017 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭

Observer rates Styles to Raw and New Day to Smackdown as extremely likely next week.

No word on who will swap over to Raw to replace Styles though - as even with Nakamura, Cena will probably work the same amount of dates as Brock, so he needs to be replaced too - Sami, Rollins or Balor probably.

Edit - Think they may have also said Alexa Bliss and Charlotte could swap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Mokuba wrote: »
    Observer rates Styles to Raw and New Day to Smackdown as extremely likely next week.

No word on who will swap over to Raw to replace Styles though - as even with Nakamura, Cena will probably work the same amount of dates as Brock, so he needs to be replaced too - Sami, Rollins or Balor probably.

I think a few months ago Reigns was expected to switch. Not a chance in my mind, but Ive been wrong before. He's the guy according to Vince, so hes staying for me.

Rollins or Balor would be the men but both are faces and if AJ is gone, Smackdown is lacking a top heel. Im gonna guess Owens to make the jump.

With New Day being as over as they are, Id be surprised if they go. With Cesaro and Sheamo the number one contenders, Id say Gallows and Anderson might jump or Enzo/Cass might jump.

Bliss and Charlotte to swap for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I kinda fear The Club will jump and miss out on re-uniting with AJ

Think Nakamura is the Cena replacement on SD so dunno if they will draft a big name to replace him. Owens would be a good shout but his association with Joe & HHH makes me think he would stay on Raw. Maybe Orton can go heel and then it wouldn't have to be a heel to replace AJ and it could be someone like Rollins. I was suggesting in the SD thread that Charlotte could swap with Becky (cos I thought Sasha might go heel so a heel replacement wouldn't be neccesary) but them reporting Charlotte for Alexa also makes sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cena gets drafted to Raw even though he won't be showing up much there for the foreseeable future. That'd probably mean Nikki goes there too but she too may almost never wrestle. I could see DIY getting called up soon enough too and if that is to happen what with the Revival going to Raw i'd say they would be SD bound so maybe American Alpha would be the team to head to Raw for the New Day

So now I recon

SD get:

Rollins
    Charlotte
    Sami Zayn
    The New Day

Raw Get:

John Cena ( & Nikki Bella)
    AJ Styles
    Alexa Bliss
    American Alpha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd personally love to see the New Day get a push to the main event while still staying a group. They've grown massively stale in the tag division because they have outgrown it and have nothing to work with. Having Kofi win the title, while Big E and Kofi help, would be a fresh story.

I actually hope Smackdown doesn't get a "big dog" in return for AJ. I want to see how they do when they push a Sami or someone like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd personally love to see the New Day get a push to the main event while still staying a group. They've grown massively stale in the tag division because they have outgrown it and have nothing to work with. Having Kofi win the title, while Big E and Kofi help, would be a fresh story.

I actually hope Smackdown doesn't get a "big dog" in return for AJ. I want to see how they do when they push a Sami or someone like that.

Big E for the title with Kofi and Xavier helping for me

Big E for the title with Kofi and Xavier helping for me

I'm praying for a split of the group..... or at least a heel turn but with the amount of merch the sell, My wishes shall fall on deaf ears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would like them to split New Day and give Big E a chance on his own, maybe on Smackdown.

Should we start a separate thread for this draft talk?

Oh and I hate the "Superstar Shake up" moniker. It just sounds awful and the more its repeated the more I want to tune out.

Just call it the Draft ffs

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I would like them to split New Day and give Big E a chance on his own, maybe on Smackdown.

Should we start a separate thread for this draft talk?

yes, yes we should.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Big E get a singles push too but keep the 3 lads together as a group while it's happening for the merch sales at the very least.

The tag divisons looks so much healthier post mania on SD and Raw

The Hardys
    The Club
    The Revival,
    The Usos
    American Alpha
    Cesaro & Sheamus
    Enzo & Cass
    The New Day
    DIY (maybe)

Maybe they want to be able to refer to the draft as "The Annual Draft".
    You think NXT guys can be involved? Be funny if someone was drafted to NXT. Maybe Apollo

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will there be many Future Endeavored in the usual post WM cull this year I wonder now that the Superstar Shake is taking place.

• Advertisement

Will there be many Future Endeavored in the usual post WM cull this year I wonder now that the Superstar Shake is taking place.

Gotch already gone but he asked for his release.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rusev and Lana to Smackdown please.

He could make the step up to main event on Smackdown. He could be like a Russian Kurt Angle if they got behind him as he can be funny, ridiculous and menacing at the same time.

Lana could get some wrestling time on Smackdown.

Big E to Smackown also, give him a shot to go on his own.

Rollins to Smackdown

AJ to RAW to meet up with the club again.

Wyatt to RAW, away from Orton, Harper.

Heath Slater to RAW and let him join New Day for the laugh.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Rusev and Lana to Smackdown please.

He could make the step up to main event on Smackdown. He could be like a Russian Kurt Angle if they got behind him as he can be funny, ridiculous and menacing at the same time.

Lana could get some wrestling time on Smackdown.

Big E to Smackown also, give him a shot to go on his own.

Rollins to Smackdown

AJ to RAW to meet up with the club again.

Wyatt to RAW, away from Orton, Harper.

Heath Slater to RAW and let him join New Day for the laugh.

Great shout..... yes please

If he wasn't out injured I'd say Rusev would be a real possibility. Maybe that will happen at the actual draft though, I wanna see him interact with Kurt on Raw before that though

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Oh and I hate the "Superstar Shake up" moniker. It just sounds awful and the more its repeated the more I want to tune out.

Just call it the Draft ffs

Ill take a guess that they don't know what format it will take yet. Could be that they say Bryan and Angle sit down and just organise some trades, rather than a "draft" so they aren't tied into a specific format.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mokuba wrote:
    Edit - Think they may have also said Alexa Bliss and Charlotte could swap.

Makes sense. Absolutely massive difference in match quality in that trade mind.
    Kalisto needs to go to Raw for the cruiserweight division the guy is not nor will he ever be a new Rey Mysterio. Samoa Joe to Smackdown as he & Braun I find are a bit too similar. Been underwhelmed by Joe for a long time mind.
    Miz should be the main heel on Smackdown post trades tho.

Will the 205's finally shake it up on Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I could see Brock being drafted to Smackdown to keep him away from Roman, and it'll coincide with a realisation that his dates are almost used up.

This draft is gonna be all about trying to figure out how to prop up 3 hour raw, smackdown will suffer and Raw will benefit very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ill take a guess that they don't know what format it will take yet. Could be that they say Bryan and Angle sit down and just organise some trades, rather than a "draft" so they aren't tied into a specific format.

Oh yes yes yes to any D Bryan and Angle together scenario

If Roode is called up, he could be a heel on SD, I think Miz and Wyatt need to stay on SD, maybe Ambrose and Orton to Raw with Rollins to SD

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Aj to Raw

full blown club reunion , Aj,Finn,Gallows and Anderson

all goes well for months and months Aj,Gallows and Anderson turn on finn at Survivor Series or Rumble

Sets up the best Mania Main event for years Aj Vs Finn for the belt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Aj to Raw

full blown club reunion , Aj,Finn,Gallows and Anderson

all goes well for months and months Aj,Gallows and Anderson turn on finn at Survivor Series or Rumble

Sets up the best Mania Main event for years Aj Vs Finn for the belt

As Gabrielle once said "Dreams Can Come True"

Just noticed on WWE's Youtube channel, their header says the shakeup is a two night event, starting on Raw.

So I assume Raw chooses theirs then SD chooses on Tuesday

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So I assume Raw chooses theirs then SD chooses on Tuesday

nothings set afaik but I get the impression it is more trades than drafts. Maybe they will just announce a few on Raw and then a few more the next night. I wouldn't be surprised for example if at the end of Raw Kurt Angle announces he just finalized a trade for.... out comes AJ Styles... but we have to wait until the next night to see who SD got in exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I know it's heavily rumoured anyway, but I took the fact Styles was wearing blue and red gear at Mania to be a strong indicator of him moving

AJ moves to RAW to put over Reigns :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

AJ moves to RAW to put over Reigns :(

Ah here twice is enough, I hope Styles moves into a programme with Balor of some kind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Some talk on the interweb of a shake up for the women. Sasha or Charlotte to Smackdown is likely apparently. Alexa possibly going the other way, wouldn't be shocked if Becky went to Raw either. Herself and Charlotte will be gutted if they're kept apart again!

So this is tomorrow night.

Wasn't there one draft where someone was drafted and then drafted back in the same night?
    Any word yet on how this is going to work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:
    Wasn't there one draft where someone was drafted and then drafted back in the same night? Any word yet on how this is going to work?

Most of the Raw roster were told to go to the Smackdown taping as well.
    I doubt they knew when it was announced on Monday how it'd work. Shane seemed to not know on Talking Smack

Advertisement