Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaking up the brands (Raw & SD Spoilers - Shakeup Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Has been face since he joined NXT, and since he came out to interrupt Miz I'd assume he's still a face
    Pentecost wrote: »
    He's way too over to be a heel at the moment

Yeah I thought with that pop he got the other night he was face but just wanted to sure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

kopite386 wrote: »
    Yeah I thought with that pop he got the other night he was face but just wanted to sure

Could still be brought our tomorrow night as the next coming of Tajiri :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Apollo Crews announced to Raw on the WWE YouTube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not liking the way there doing it

SD guys just randomly showing up who got swapped too Raw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Here who Raw got...

Apollo Crews
    Dean Ambrose (and IC Title)
    The Miz and Maryse
    Curt Hawkins
    Bray Wyatt
    Kalisto
    Heath and Rhyno
    Alexa Bliss
    Mickie James
    David Otunga
    The Drifter

Byron heading to Smackdown to replace Otunga.

AJ seemingly staying put?

• Advertisement

David Otunga just made Raw even worse, Byron Saxton isn't the best commentator but he's miles better than Otunga

• With Raw getting Miz/Marsye I wonder will Smackdown get Rusev/Lana whenever he's back from injury

• Smackdown have 6 female superstars 2 of which are inactive with Nikki injured and Eva Marie just not on TV so I say Smackdown will get Charlotte and maybe Dana

• I would say Finn would go to Smackdown unless they are building up him to have a feud with Bray Wyatt so in that case I say Rollins will go to Smackdown with Styles going to Raw ?

• Slater & Rhyno to be replaced by the club or Enzo & Cass ?

• I say KO to Smackdown then he will defeat Jericho next month at backlash to retain the title keeping it on Smackdown and Jericho will go off with Fozzy for a while and therefore ending the feud

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Miz to Raw is very disappointing for him. He was an absolute star on Smackdown. He's only going to end up getting fed to Reigns on Raw.

And with Brock as champion there's no way he'll be able to make it as champion but he had a good chance of that on Smackdown.

Loughc wrote: »
    The Miz to Raw is very disappointing for him. He was an absolute star on Smackdown. He's only going to end up getting fed to Reigns on Raw.

And with Brock as champion there's no way he'll be able to make it as champion but he had a good chance of that on Smackdown.

I agree I thought it was a bad move, he just going to be a middlecarder now there but not getting anywhere near Brock, guess they will set up a Dean Ambrose Vs the Miz for the Intercontinental championship

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Miz to RAW makes me sad too.

• Advertisement

Miz to Raw is rough on him.

But I have to admit, I'm thrilled with how it went overall for Smackdown as a brand. Losing Miz is a blow, but Ambrose and Bray being taken away from it should help the show massively, as both were getting stale. Swapping Otunga for Saxton is great.

And we're looking at a roster headed by AJ and Nakamura. Whoever Smackdown picks up tonight can only improve the show. If they can pick up Sami, Finn, Rollins and/or Joe, Smackdown is going to be smark central, in a great way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At least if either Finn or Seth go to SD we will hopefully get a unreal feud against AJ. I can see Emma going to SD along with Charlotte

I forgot, you're also getting either Kevin Owens or Jericho heading to Smackdown, since they need to get the US title over there. And I had forgotten Charlotte too.

I also felt New Day's loss to Revival was a "Going out the right way" moment, so them too.

The match quality is going to be un-****ing-real on Smackdown. Get DIY in there too, and start giving AA and Usos some time, with New Day as well?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I forgot, you're also getting either Kevin Owens or Jericho heading to Smackdown, since they need to get the US title over there.

I say it will be Kevin Owens as isn't Jericho due to head off again soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wasn't really a fan of the SD guys randomly showing up instead of say Daniel Bryan and Kurt Angle negotiating trades in a few segments.

That said I am happy to see AJ staying on SD although I have to say that Raw didn't have as great a night as they kept telling us they did. I mean they got the IC champ but Ambrose hasn't exactly been setting hte world alight and getting people talking the past few weeks plus no doubt SD will get the US champ in exchange whether that be on SD or after Payback (Owens / Jericho). Someone like Sami Zayn also seems a very obvious shout to go to SD as they really have no mid card now after The Miz & Ambrose moves. Maybe Rusev could move there but I don't think he is due back from injury for a bit. Plus Zayn and Corbin just seems like a SD mid card feud I can see happening.

----

I am sure the following will be blown out of the water on SD but I am predicting Braun Strowman to SD and that he will beat Brock Lesnar for the Universal title at Payback and take that with him. Roman Reigns can accidentily Spear Brock to allow Braun to beat the Beast as he looks for revenge on Strowman.

Then in the now Payback House of Horrors match Bray can defeat Randy before heading to Raw to feud with Balor over the belt.

There is one major flaw in this plan, The Red Universal title but the logic behind it is kinda sound - Bray has moved to Raw and seemingly already pointed out that his next feud will be vs Finn. This means that a) It wouldn't make sense for Finn to move and b) Bray's title rematch will be one where 100% of the audience think they already know the result as they wouldn't expect Raw to have 2 world titles. To put even the slightest element of doubt into peoples minds then one of Brock or Braun would need to go to SD so it's possible the other title could swap brands on the same night... I really can't see Brock going to SD so Braun makes sense and it'd be a good way to take the title off Brock but help build to the rumored WM 34 main event of him vs Reigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

If you move The Club and Finn over you have one of the best programs in years with AJ.

Mokuba wrote: »
    If you move The Club and Finn over you have one of the best programs in years with AJ.

I doubt Vince will be too pushed about something that happend in another company

would be cool though. Im all up for the demon vs Bray Wyatt (going to be really confusing with Finn being from Bray and fighting a guy called Bray ??). Finn is lucky man that he didnt get knocked out by Jindars punch, imagine if he got knocked out from that in his first match back ???

Mokuba wrote: »

The Wyatt segment on Raw for me means Finn isn't going anywhere. Could be wrong about that and maybe it was just a tease for no reason but I don't expect him to go anywhere.

For me the main event scene after SD just based on what happened on Raw will be:

Raw: Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe

SD: AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Orton, Braun Strowman, John Cena (when around)

Still not sure what will happen with Kevin Owens because of the US / IC situation but if he somehow ended up on Raw it wouldn't surprise me given his Joe/HHH connection and it being a 3 hr show so needing more talent than SD.

AJ being re-united with the club does seem like a possibility but then again I don't want the club and the New Day interacting at all for some time and New Day are probably with Charlotte the most hotly tipped trade to SD

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I doubt Vince will be too pushed about something that happend in another company

would be cool though. Im all up for the demon vs Bray Wyatt (going to be really confusing with Finn being from Bray and fighting a guy called Bray ??). Finn is lucky man that he didnt get knocked out by Jindars punch, imagine if he got knocked out from that in his first match back ???

If they could keep AJ vs Finn till WM next year they would tear the place down

There are actually a lot more moves happening than I expected considering this is not "The Draft" and is intead the "superstar shakeup" assuming there is still going to be a draft AJ or whomever could still get moved in 6 months

• Advertisement

There are actually a lot more moves happening than I expected considering this is not "The Draft" and is intead the "superstar shakeup" assuming there is still going to be a draft AJ or whomever could still get moved in 6 months

they might not do a draft this year and this superstar shake up is the 2017 draft ???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Otunga to RAW, oh dear god.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When was the House of Horrors match meant to happen since Payback is a Raw PPV and it's only happening there with Bray being a Raw guy now?

So Smackdown to get Bray, Truth, Goldust and Alicia? :)

I was looking at the graphic they had up before the last match on Raw and the Smackdown roster looked really thin.

Not happy with Miz moving. Not only was he great on Smackdown and one of the most entertaining guys there, but I enjoyed his run ins with Bryan, even though they could never end in a match. Who could he feud/team with on Raw that he could be as entertaining with? I can see them trying to copy with Reigns what he did with Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just when Miz was getting better and better, he's moved to Raw where he loses his 1st match and will now probably get lost, fupping typical wwe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Miz is all about his Mic (or Mike) time. His matches will always be a his fall down compared to his talking so he will be grand on RAW. He got two segments this week. Maryse on board and their Total Divas position protects him this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Ridley

Wasn't really a fan of the SD guys randomly showing up instead of say Daniel Bryan and Kurt Angle negotiating trades in a few segments.

I like the idea of WrestleMania weekend then draft week but, as I said in the Smackdown thread, this feels so inconsequential. Too small for a draft, no drama in the moves.

Smackdown gets

Byron Saxton
    Kevin Owens
    Sami Zayn
    The Shining Stars
    Jinder Mahal
    Tamina
    Charlotte Flair
    Sin Cara
    Rusev
    Lanalina
    The New Day

A fair bit of meh, but KO, Sami, Rusev and New Day should thrive on SD. Post Payback, it will be an infinitely more watchable show, imo. AJ, Owens, Sami, Rusev. Nakamura, Orton, Cena, New Day are capable of having some stunning top level feuds imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Smackdown looking great now

In the last couple of weeks they got

Nakamura - Owens - Rusev - Sami.

Perfect for AJ. Perfect for Corbin to keep learning. Orton is well set up for a heel run again.

Big E could break out as part of a faction rather than tag team here.

Charlotte moving over is great for her to have new foes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

DM_7 wrote: »
    Smackdown looking great now

In the last couple of weeks they got

Nakamura - Owens - Rusev - Sami.

Perfect for AJ. Perfect for Corbin to keep learning. Orton is well set up for a heel run again.

Big E could break out as part of a faction rather than tag team here.

Charlotte moving over is great for her to have new foes.

Shelton Benjamin is due back soon too I think. Should give them a solid performer in the midcard. A protracted chase for the US title could work well for him.

Also agree with previous posts regarding the superstar shake up process. They could have made a lot more of it, show some negotiations, have some match results impact who goes where, superstars petitioning for moves, etc.

• Advertisement

Smackdown did really well out of this shake up especially getting rid of David Otunga making the show even better hahaha
    I'm looking forward to Charlotte on Smackdown as someone said she needs away from Sasha and gives Sasha room to make a heel turn against Bayley
    Also if anyone saw Talking Smack Kevin Owens looks like he will take over where Miz left off fighting against Daniel Bryan

Advertisement