Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

bee06 wrote: »
    Mine took an hour but I was waiting 2 hours to be seen. My husband didn't come with me. It's just lots of questions really. Nothing interesting.

Has anyone had their first 12/13 week appointment in Holles Street and had a scan at that appointment?

I had a number of complications in the early stages and while I went for a private scan a few weeks ago for peace of mind I was hoping for a scan at the first appointment due to take place next week. I've been unable to reach anyone on the phone in the clinic, just keeps ringing out

Had our 12wk appointment with Holles Street week and half ago. We attending semi private clinic . Did you register with hospital and get reference number etc? With the state of the health informatics system in use I wouldn't be surprised about getting lost within it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

How is everyone feeling?

My symptoms are pretty much gone, no nausea anymore. I am 14 weeks now. Was hoping my energy levels would improve but that hasnt happened.

Woke up this morning to a teeny bump, so weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My tiredness is hanging in there as well. Can't wait for this amazing 2nd trimester everyone talks about! My bump has made an appearance as well over the last few days (13+3) but it mostly looks like I've eaten too much pizza.

Does anyone know when you are supposed to go back to the GP? I've had my booking appt and have my 20 week appointment booked but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to go to the GP in the meantime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Bee at my last scan I was told to go to my gp just before my big 20 week scan which is first week of August.
    But I'm going to ring my consultant just to check as we were rushing the last day.

Is anyone feeling any kind of flutters in their tummy?
    Felt something kind of funny there but not sure if I'm over thinking it as I'm only 14 + 2 so still very early to be feeling anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

I had a flutter during the week too and I couldn't figure out if it was the baby or wind!!

• Advertisement

Thanks Andrea!

I have felt the flutters as well. I was hoping it was baby but maybe it was just gas!

Ya my bump looks like im getting fat but when i lie down you can see more definition but its still hard to tell.

Are any of you planning on getting a scan between 12 and 20 weeks? I think we are getting one at 16 weeks. I stopped the progesterone at 13 weeks so want a little reassurance now that is gone that we are still progressing as normal.

I was told no need to go to GP til 24 weeks. I have the midwife at 17 weeks as Im away my 18th week when it was scheduled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya my little bump looks like i pigged out on food but i know it's my bump starting to take shape so that's all that matters. had my first scan in hospital on fri and it went brilliantly. i burst into tears when i heard the heart beat. i was told to book gp apt between 18-20 weeks. i cooked my first meal in absolute weeks just there for my lunch and i bloody hoovered it up. i just loved it. am bit wrecked after the big weekend we had telling everyone our news. we also had my dad retirement party so got to tell friends and family our news. picked up my eu mom of free goodies this morning and bought my first maternity bra's also so was well chuffed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Good to hear everyone is doing well.

Does anyone have any experience of coccyx pain? I have it the past week, the longer I sit the worse it gets, even with taking regular walks round the office. Makes getting up and down out of a seat incredibly painful, and just sittings not very comfortable either. I guess I'm hoping there's a way to aliveiate it...will mention to consultant next week but I'm looking at special cushions online trying to choose one that'll help.

Going public but getting a private scan at 22 weeks as the hospital I'm going to doesn't give a 20 week one. It's an anomaly scan and going to find out the sex too cannot wait. Has anyone bought anything yet

• Advertisement

Only thing i bought was a 'my daddy is super' tshirt and gave it to the hubby along with a card for Fathers Day! Waiting til 20 weeks i think to buy anything. Will order the buggy at that stage too all going well. Wil be 15 weeks tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

We are holding off buying also until after 20 weeks. We are going to buy some stuff 2nd hand too so have an idea of the buggy we are getting.

I can't believe how fast it's going. It's so exciting :)

Does anyone know of the Cocoonababy mattress fits in to a moses basket or crib or does it have to go in to a cot?

No idea Andrea but if you ring somewhere that stocks it they should be able to tell you.

lashes34 wrote: »
    No idea Andrea but if you ring somewhere that stocks it they should be able to tell you.

Thanks Lashes. Might pop in to Bellababy in Maynooth to ask. Im nearly sure it only fits in a crib or cot and not a moses basket.

Have an option to get a crib off someone and want to use the cocoonababy, so just wondering if it can go in to that,a s no point buying the Cocoonababy if it only goes in to a cot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Had my 12 week appointment on Tuesday, all went well thankfully. Scan was very underwhelming, baby was strected out facing away so I can't make out anything anyway!

Wasn't planning on another scan Lashes but like you stopping progesterone at 13weeks, I was meant to stop at 12 but had left so just went to once a day, think you mentioned doing the same. Not back in hospital til 21wks for anamoly scan. GP at 18weeks. Considering the longest I've gone without a scan this pregnancy is 3weeks, it seems a long time! Might see if consultant will scan me again if I'm still worried, I'm private this time. Also having a colposcopy next week (13+2) so would like reassurance after that.... oh if I go elective section (emergency last time at 40+11) we have the babies bday all set!!

Is anyone else still not showing much? Im 15 weeks today and i really don't feel i look any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Glad to hear everyone is getting on well. We are all in the second trimester now I think? Level one of three complete lol. We had a scan yesterday actually 😊. I'm 16 weeks on Sunday but went for a gender scan in babybond in newry was amazing! Wasn't sure if the would be able to tell gender as it's so early, but they were and having looked at pictures on line I agree with them. Was great was only 59 pound and they did 3d as well and got loads of pictures. Will still be getting them to check gender on 20 week scan to be sure.

You would have to double check but I have a feeling the cocoona baby might be to high for alot of moses baskets. We ordered the sleepy head, so it means I am going to have to get the next to me crib as it fits in that. But the crib last for months I borrowed a rocking crib for my last and she was in my room in it till 9 months! Personally I think prams around a 1000 euro and up is insane. This is my second so like really most prams these days looks fairly nice and do the same things. It's crazy in my opinion and more a fashion fad. You will probably use it for a year and half or two years and end up putting Baba in an easy to fold stroller for getting in and out of boot. Each to their own though. It's hard to not get excited and want the nicest everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

andreac wrote: »
    Is anyone else still not showing much? Im 15 weeks today and i really don't feel i look any different.

Popping in from November thread, it's totally normal not to look much different at that stage, I'm nearly 19 weeks on my second and only noticeable to those who know me well now. On my first strangers didn't notice until 32+ weeks and he was born at 37.

Popping in from November thread, it's totally normal not to look much different at that stage, I'm nearly 19 weeks on my second and only noticeable to those who know me well now. On my first strangers didn't notice until 32+ weeks and he was born at 37.

Oh, that's good to know. I wouldn't be over skinny normally, lol, a healthy size 14 with a few extra curves :D. So i was trying to keep the weight down as much as possible, if i can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Just do your best to eat well and maintain some level of exercise, sometimes it's easier than others! I put on a few kilos in first tri because between breastfeeding my toddler, nausea and first tri hunger I ate ALL the time. That was then offset by giving up milk and processed bread in second tri to avoid heartburn and I've been craving crunchy salads which is handy. Last time I craved salt and vinegar crisps and chips, not as conducive to healthy eating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

So I got a call yesterday from my Doctor to say I'd missed my first hospital appointment. We had been checking the post every day so I'm 100% confident we didn't get notification of the appointment. They said they will refer us again but I'm thinking now they may not have my address right:confused:

Anyway other than that I weighed myself this morning and i'm down 4lbs since 2 weeks ago. I'm not trying to lose weight but I have plenty of weight to lose so I guess it's good thing. I'm putting it down to all the water i'm drinking and the fact that i'm not eating big dinners any more just smaller meals throughout the day.

That being said, my clothes are stuck to me and I feel heavier than I've ever been. Have to find maternity pants soon. Hope all your wonderful ladies (& gents) are doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hayleenaj

13+ 5 now. Time is flying. I've actually been more tired the last week or so though :( Waistline is expanding but I think that may be more so due to me overeating. Have noticed a few people mentioning different buggies and sleep systems. This is our first, so looking to purchase EVERYTHING. My sister in law is giving us the next to me cot, which looks great, some slings and some other bits and pieces. Mainly we'll need to purchase a travel system and car seat. Does anyone have experience or recommendations? I know the bugaboo and some of the others are super expensive, but have been looking online and some great options for the travel systems second hand :) Obviously, will buy car seat new.

Where is everyone putting the baby to sleep when they arrive?in a cot? One of those thingys that attach onto the bed?

Think I'm getting a crib for the bedroom. Wouldn't be in to those co sleeper things. I'm getting a Moses basket off someone too so will have both in the house.

Pretty sure I'm going to get the Snuzpod co-sleeper. Terrible name but it looks good. It attaches to the bed but you can keep the side zipped up through the night and just zip it down to take the baby out etc. It appeals to the lazy sod in me that I won't have to get out of bed at all.

Haven't looked at travel systems and car seats etc. It all looks like a bit of a minefield! Not going to actually start going to shops or buying stuff until I'm at less 20 weeks though.

Littlenopeep wish I could say I lost weight....r just wasn't putting it on lol. Though I haven't put on any on last two weeks but m belly has popped a bit I feel, it's my second so I feel you definitely get bigger quicker same happened my sister and then she leveled off ha hope same happens me. I am 16 weeks but definitely feel this is what I was like at 20 weeks or more last time.
    Hayleenaj most travel systems i.e newborn pram setups come with a car seat that does up to 6 months. Most come with carrycot which is for newborns almost like a mobile moses basket, car seat and pram attachment from 6 months to 3 years. All the things you have to buy for one little person is crazy. I feel like second so I'm around I'm getting suckered into silly thing I don't need but want lol.

I'm getting the next to me but only because I want it for size I don't think I'll attach it on. When my little girls moses basket used to be right beside bed I felt every time moved she woke or stirred. My little girl slept in a moses basket and then in a rocking crib( only borrowed so don't have it now) till 9 months in our room last time, then cot in her room. If I was buying again would skip moses basket and go straight to crib they are small enough and then you don't have to transition. But moses baskets are so cute and cosy looking.

Sorry Hayley I just realised you were talking about the car seat because you don't want to use he second hand one! You probably know they come with travel systems already p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hayleenaj

I really like the look of the co-sleepers Bee06. Had just heard of the next to me, but the Snuzpod looks lovely :) The moses baskets are gorgeous MissJuly, but good to hear that they can go straight into a crib. We're not going to purchase things for a while either, but want to try and start to get my head around what we actually need, as opposed to ending up with every piece of equipment going, which could happen... :) Ah, I thought the car seats were sold separately from what I could see online MissJuly, so that's good to know. Will pop into a shop this weekend and have a look, so I can hopefully understand the travel systems a little better :)

Hope everyone is starting to feel better in 2nd trimester. I'm still exhausted so hopeful that that will wear off soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 crestedten

Have a look at the Snoozepüd and Next2Me in the same shop, Mamas & Papas in blanch have them. The Next2Me seems very unstable, where as the Snoozepüd was rock solid. The Snoozepüd can also rock and the actual cot part can be lifted out so you can take it downstairs or into another room if you don't want to wake baby.

Advertisement