Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I don't know at the moment because I don't own a weighing scales but between 7 weeks when I saw the GP and 12 weeks at the hospital I gained 5-6 pounds. My BMI is really low so any weight gain is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Loveinapril how many weeks will you be at your anomaly? I'm jealous I can't wait for mine! I'm 17 weeks today but don't have my anomaly scan until 21 weeks. Though I did have a private scan last week which was amazing, so agree Lashes! I heard babies heart beat in gp's at 15 weeks BUT she could only hear placenta at the start told me to go for a walk for half an hour and come back...worst half an hour ever, but when I went back she found it thank god!! I have gestational diabetes sugars are high have to go to hospital for more tests next week. But they weighed me when I was there last week and I was shocked to realise in the 5 weeks since my booking appointment I'd actually lost a pound. Think it's cause I'm very restricted with what I can eat because of diabetes. But thought I was putting on weight my belly is definitely getting bigger! Have felt loads of little kicks the last couple of days just so amazing! Still light enough kicks but getting stronger ❤. Shortstuff do you mind asking can you actually get a smear while pregnant? I'm due mine in August but think I have to wait till 3 months after baby. I have wanted one for ages because my gp did my last one at baby six week check up of my daughter and only found out after should have waited till 3 months. I still had lochia, thought it seemed a bit odd at the one and it has kinda worried me...I'm obviously a bit paranoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

am 15 weeks today and my bump has finally decide to make an appearace. it obviously shows more in certain clothes than others. nausea is back again today a bit so feeling a bit crap. did some gardening this morning and keep getting reminded that i can't do what i usally could do no bother without getting exhausted. ive another 7 weeks to wait for my anomoly scan but have my gp in about 3 weeks. will doc check the heartbeat at that apt does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

mollybird wrote: »
    will doc check the heartbeat at that apt does anyone know?

They will if you ask. Mine iny like to do it from 16 weeks but even at 18, mine couldn't find it. A few days later another GP found it. Lots of people seem to be disputing the use of dopplers because of the unnecessary stress.

missjuly wrote: »
    Loveinapril how many weeks will you be at your anomaly?

I will be 21 weeks (I am in snooping from the November thread!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

missjuly wrote: »
    Loveinapril how many weeks will you be at your anomaly? I'm jealous I can't wait for mine! I'm 17 weeks today but don't have my anomaly scan until 21 weeks. Though I did have a private scan last week which was amazing, so agree Lashes! I heard babies heart beat in gp's at 15 weeks BUT she could only hear placenta at the start told me to go for a walk for half an hour and come back...worst half an hour ever, but when I went back she found it thank god!! I have gestational diabetes sugars are high have to go to hospital for more tests next week. But they weighed me when I was there last week and I was shocked to realise in the 5 weeks since my booking appointment I'd actually lost a pound. Think it's cause I'm very restricted with what I can eat because of diabetes. But thought I was putting on weight my belly is definitely getting bigger! Have felt loads of little kicks the last couple of days just so amazing! Still light enough kicks but getting stronger ❤. Shortstuff do you mind asking can you actually get a smear while pregnant? I'm due mine in August but think I have to wait till 3 months after baby. I have wanted one for ages because my gp did my last one at baby six week check up of my daughter and only found out after should have waited till 3 months. I still had lochia, thought it seemed a bit odd at the one and it has kinda worried me...I'm obviously a bit paranoid!

No they don't recommend getting a smear during pregnancy as the results are harder to interpret. Best off waiting until 3month post partum. If the results were any way off on your last one due to having it at 6weeks I'm sure they would have been quick to retest so don't be worrying!

My anomaly scan isn't til 23 weeks, seems a lot later than everyone else, gonna see if they will do it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well had my first puking session this morn. Hadn't felt great yesterday and wasn't great this morn and just vomited there :-(
    It happened once on holidays, but it's the first time it's happened at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi everyone,

I'm due my first on Christmas Eve. I'm just wondering is anyone taking Pregnacare or anything similar? I took Folic acid prior to conception and for 13 weeks but I haven't taken anything since. I'm trying to eat a healthy diet but the hunger gets the better of me at times. I'm worrying that I should be taking something. It's an endless cycle of worry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

Hi everyone,

I'm due my first on Christmas Eve. I'm just wondering is anyone taking Pregnacare or anything similar? I took Folic acid prior to conception and for 13 weeks but I haven't taken anything since. I'm trying to eat a healthy diet but the hunger gets the better of me at times. I'm worrying that I should be taking something. It's an endless cycle of worry :rolleyes:

I am taking the Boots own brand of pregnancy vitamins at the moment, I got the plus version which also contains the omega 3 capsule. I also understand that an iron supplement is advised at a later stage

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Aw Andrea that sucks, you think at this stage you'd be over that. I was actually feeling sick today for the first time since 12 weeks.

Im still taking pregnacare, its ok to take throughout the pregnancy isnt it?

Have my antenatal class tomorrow, no idea what to expect.

I see some of you are going to the GP. I was told there was no need til 24 weeks. Does it differ around the country?

• Advertisement

lashes34 wrote: »
    Aw Andrea that sucks, you think at this stage you'd be over that. I was actually feeling sick today for the first time since 12 weeks.

I see some of you are going to the GP. I was told there was no need til 24 weeks. Does it differ around the country?

I haven't been at all yet, consultant said to go at 18weeks so he'd be able to get the heartbeat. I just rang to book in with the consultant tho his midwife gave out to me cos she needs to gp letter, she may just wait, consultant didn't care. 18weeks still feels so far away so think I might go Friday week, I'll be almost 16weeks then so hopefully get heartbeat, then tell everyone!

It is good to keep taking a prenatal vitamin as it has things you may become deficient in- vitamin D, iron etc. They recommend taking iron throughout as starting to take it later on may bring on some side effects when you are already bloated and constipated.

I had my first antenatal class today (Rotunda). There was a bit of physio stuff- pelvic floor exercise, how to sit down/ stand up. They had a social worker come in and talk about social welfare entitlements, a nutritionist talk about foods to eat/ avoid then a midwife spoke about the different pregnancy side effects (piles, stretchmarks, emotional changes, heartburn, etc.) And how to manage them.

Hi everyone,

ah im due xmas eve too. ive been taking the liquid form of pregnacare. it's just horrible but at least all the vits are getting to the baba so don't mind.

love in april thanks for the details on the antenatal class in the rotunda as ill have my first one in aug. just got my letter today confirming my booking. good to know what they will be doing in it. when do they tell you when the rest of the classes are scheduled for and do they say which ones your partner are to go to?

mollybird wrote: »
    love in april thanks for the details on the antenatal class in the rotunda as ill have my first one in aug. just got my letter today confirming my booking. good to know what they will be doing in it. when do they tell you when the rest of the classes are scheduled for and do they say which ones your partner are to go to?

Partner can go to all but the first, due to space. The first class is in the physio department so is shoes off. I wish I knew... my socks were crazy odd! They don't actually tell you the next dates, they just said you could pay to do them all together on a Saturday or the next ones will be posted out, all in one letter.

I feel so sick, thought I was over this part. :(

I feel so sick, thought I was over this part. :(

Lashes i haven't been feeling great the last few days either.

Now i have been doing a lot which prob isn't helping. But i got sick yesterday morn which i haven't done, apart from when i was on my hols that time.

Had been feeling much better the last couple of weeks too. Hopefully it passes.

Does anyone know if your partner needs to come to the early ante natal class?

I have one next week, the one before 20 weeks and just wondering if they come or not?

andreac wrote: »
    Does anyone know if your partner needs to come to the early ante natal class?

I have one next week, the one before 20 weeks and just wondering if they come or not?

I was explicitly told he couldn't come to the first due to space. That was the Rotunda. Maybe give your hospital a call.

Ok, no prob. I remember speaking to her (The Coombe), and there were some she said it would be good to go to, but i can't remember if this was one. Will give them a quick call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭simply_dee

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in! I'm 14 weeks now, so a bit late to the party! We're expecting the arrival of our first little one on 29th December. All going well so far, though I'm definitely relieved to be out of the first trimester... It's nice to feel a bit of energy returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Congrats to you Simply Dee are ye delighted.. Just in time for New Years then.. I still cant believe im having a december baby, nothing fits as such would have thought september or october but cant complain...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I'm not pregnant anymore.

My baby was due New Year's Eve but I lost it yesterday at 14+2. I naively thought I was safe as I was in my second trimester, had my scan just a few weeks ago at 11+3 and everything was good but apparently baby didn't live for much longer after that. The people who we told then and who were congratulating me only a fortnight ago are the same ones commiserating with me now. I don't know how to make sense of it and just feel so empty. This was my third pregnancy and I've never experienced anything like this before,or the intense pain and loneliness.

I'm sorry for bringing the mood down,just wanted to check out of this thread and wish everyone all the best.

Good luck ladies with the rest of your pregnancies and cherish your little babies.x

Melanie I am so sorry to hear that, that is devastating news. If you want to talk, you can PM me.

Mind yourself and your partner

Oh Melanie, im so sorry to hear that. You think once you get over the first trimester it's all good.

Look after yourself xx

Oh Melanie my heart breaks for you, I lost two babies this year @ 8 & 6 weeks. It's heartbreaking and imagine it can only be worse the further along you get. Take each day as it comes and cry as much as you want. I'm so sorry. PM me if you want to chat x

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cat2017

Melanie I'm so so sorry to hear this too. I unfortunately have some idea of what you are going through. I was in the Jan thread but had a miscarriage last week at 10 weeks, my first pregnancy, we're absolutely devastated. I can't help lurking on these threads and seeing how everyone else is getting on, probably not the best thing to be doing but I'm hoping I'll be joining another due thread in the months to come....

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

I am so sorry to hear that Melanie take care

Still no sign of any bump yet. Im starting to worry a little. Few people saying ive no bump etc etc. There's a girl at work who's due her 2nd and she's about a week ahead of me and seemingly she has a good bump. I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks so i haven't seen it.

Not sure whether to contact my doc or what. I have a GP appt on the 24th July, but when i mentioned the Doppler, the receptionist said she wasn't sure if it was working or not...

My anomoly scan is on the 1st Aug. Wondering should i just hold out or look to go for a Private Scan? I haven't any other reason for concern, only the bump issue really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Would you consider asking the hospital if you could get another earlier appointment and ask for the doppler... I am sure they would not mind at a quite time... All the bumps are differant too dont worry... I have a slight one but it kinda depends on the day sometimes tis really solid and others tis just like a but of a weighty belly...The GPS can be so blase if the hospital cant help maybe ask to speak to your GP the next time and ask her about the doppler

Advertisement