Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Andreac how far are you now? I barely have a bump at 21 weeks, on my first I didn't have any noticeable bump until 26+ weeks. If everything else is going fine I wouldn't worry about that at all, everyone's body is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Andreac how far are you now? I barely have a bump at 21 weeks, on my first I didn't have any noticeable bump until 26+ weeks. If everything else is going fine I wouldn't worry about that at all, everyone's body is different.

Ok, that's reassured me. Im only 17 weeks today. Few others have said the same, they didn't have much of a bump either until a bit later.

Think im just worrying myself for nothing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Im 17 weeks and have a very slight bump and even that has gone down the last few days. Its bizarre, thought I would be showing more by now. It was a little bigger and really hard the last 2 weeks and now its smaller and a jelly belly again.

I really dont know. Have my midwife appointment next week so will see then I guess.

So the heartburn has started!! Thought it was just something i ate the other day, but have had a bit everyday since. Anyone else suffering and if so what are you taking?
    I have a bottle of Gaviscon at home, but going to chemist at lunch to keep something here at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

Has anyone booked ante-natal classes yet? I know it's possible to do a course of classes over a few weeks or else a one day course at a weekend. Time wise I would prefer to do a one day course but does anyone know which may be better or is there any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 crestedten

Has anyone booked ante-natal classes yet? I know it's possible to do a course of classes over a few weeks or else a one day course at a weekend. Time wise I would prefer to do a one day course but does anyone know which may be better or is there any difference?

Where are you doing them? We're with the Coombe and we went to book the ante-natal classes the day after the 1st booking appointment only to find all the 1 day classes were already booked out until January :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thanks for the reminder must go book this evening or well soon.. Does anyone know if the free ones n Galway are as such only offered in the UHG? Looking at the couples one, just the times arent great with himself working and that

Starting my classes on Wed. This one is just an early pregnancy one. Then i don't have another until August sometime. Have all my classes booked in as seemingly they book up well in advance.

I couldn't get a day course until end of Nov and she said it's too close to my due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I booked my classes at the start for June for the end of Oct/start of Nov. Didn't have a choice of the dates and there is no early class in CUMH. Also have a breastfeeding class mid November. All on work days, no option for a 1 day class. I've given plenty of notice to my manager so he can't really complain. Don't forget your husband/partner is entitled to paid time off for 2 classes immediately prior to the birth for the first child.

I don't have any pregnancy symptoms at all. I not I shouldn't complain but there's that little part of my brain that wonders how do I know I'm actually still pregnant (crazy I know). I have a hospital appointment next week anyway so hopefully I'll get a scan or Doppler.

Just looking online and they have a three day couples course in UGH but no option for dates.. I really hope they still run it as I want to go with himself.. think its important he knows whats happen too.. Im with you bee06, no major symtoms other than getting a bit of a belly and a taste for sweet things.. It was great to get the doppler done as i was thinking, are ye sure ye didnt make a mistake :)

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    So the heartburn has started!! Thought it was just something i ate the other day, but have had a bit everyday since. Anyone else suffering and if so what are you taking?

I have it on and off the last week or so but its not too bad so havent taken anything but its definitely flaring up!
    Milly33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder must go book this evening or well soon.. Does anyone know if the free ones n Galway are as such only offered in the UHG? Looking at the couples one, just the times arent great with himself working and that

I had an early pregnancy one in UHG last week, two hours and not compulsary. My next one isnt until October, three half days over the course of three Wednesday afternoons. Hubby can come to the last one only. Think that is where they do a walk through of the labour ward.

Are you registered on uhgmaternity.com? Just logged on there and there are classes available in Oct and Nov. Not the one day ones, the one over three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

crestedten wrote: »
    Where are you doing them? We're with the Coombe and we went to book the ante-natal classes the day after the 1st booking appointment only to find all the 1 day classes were already booked out until January :confused:

I plan on doing them in Holles Street but need to book them this week by the sounds of things on here. Seems so far away still but better to have it booked U guess. Rather than weighing up the pros and cons of the one day class v the weekly classes it may be a case of what I can get.

Does anyone know if I have the choice of both which is better overall?

Yeah I have registered lashes, but there was nothing for the couples one which I was really hoping we could do.. I have emailed them an hopefully they will come back soon.... Must do the walk around tour actually as we arent familiar with UHG at all, so I can just imagine the delivery day :)...

Yeah I have registered lashes, but there was nothing for the couples one which I was really hoping we could do.. I have emailed them an hopefully they will come back soon.... Must do the walk around tour actually as we arent familiar with UHG at all, so I can just imagine the delivery day :)...

Ya I would have preferred all on one day where he can come to the evening rather than dragging it out but no dates. Its crazy because I went on when I was about 10 weeks to book so I dont know how they were booked out.

I think if they say the couples one is not being held I might try the all day one. Just very annoying it is only for women I dont see the logic in it, do men not need to know what to do also.. Must make men feel very left out

Ya I agree. When I was at the early one last week she said its purely that they dont have the space for double the number of people but 20 had booked for our class and 9 turned up. Thats very annoying.

When the men come to the end of the one class they are allowed to, it is moved down to the reception area as its after hours and more space there. Only way they can accommodate everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Are second time Mammys attended ante natal classes too? They didn't mention it on my 12week appointment so assume it's for first time mammies? Heard friends in work talk about refresher classes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pinkflipflop18

Congrats!!!! I'm due 29th December too!!! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ Have you noticed a bump at all? I seem to have a slightly larger than expected one and I'm only 16 weeks Friday with first baby!! I'm not sure if it's just weight gain from my cravings for brown hula hoops or is it actual baby 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hayleenaj

Milly and Lashes, also in Galway. Booked the one day class for October, but similarly, think it's such a pity that they don't include partners. Cuidiú run antenatal classes also and cover bits and pieces that aren't covered in the classes in UCHG. They are run for couples and are very inclusive of partners in the process. They also have a breastfeeding group support for after birth etc. which appears to be a good support. 16 weeks today. :)

hayleenaj wrote: »
    Milly and Lashes, also in Galway. Booked the one day class for October, but similarly, think it's such a pity that they don't include partners. Cuidiú run antenatal classes also and cover bits and pieces that aren't covered in the classes in UCHG. They are run for couples and are very inclusive of partners in the process. They also have a breastfeeding group support for after birth etc. which appears to be a good support. 16 weeks today. :)

Was looking at the Cuidiú classes last night, €150 wonder is it worth it? Would like himself to be more involved.

Thinking of doing a gentle birth class, not that I am necessarily planning doing a gentle birth in full but it cant hurt to help relax. Think they are about €350 though for the weekend course.

18 weeks today :D have my midwife appointment this afternoon and off on holidays on Sunday. Cannot wait.

• Advertisement

Had the early pregnancy antenatal class this morning. Was quite good. Was just a brief chat on diet, nutrition etc but they also had Tony Kealy out doing a demo on the car seat, which i found brilliant.

My next class is on the 16th August, the Physio one.

hayleenaj wrote: »

Oh thank you so much and Hello, was just going to google private classes there, as UGH called me back this morning to more or less say they do not run the classes.. I was like take it off the site then (pet hate)...
    We arent in Galway City so I was thinking by the time we pay petrol and parking we might have the same amount for a private class closer to us..

Could anyone recommend private ones around the Loughrea area

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Just wondering did anyone else have to send in their own Combined Care/Mother & Infant scheme form themselves to the HSE to get the free GP appointments?  And also did you get confirmation it had been processed or did that go to the GP only...?

My GP secretary gave it to me to send in myself, the address on it was wrong with offices based in Connaught (I'm in Dublin) and she didn't know where the correct address was.  So I had to google (failed to get the answer theree) and then emailed the HSE to track down the right address.  

Ive posted it in twice now (since April), second time I sent it registered post, and I still have heard nothing and I cant get through all last and this week to the offices (same back in June when I was chasing the first form I sent in) and voicemails not being returned.  

Anyone else I've asked said their GP sent the form in for them.  So I'm a bit annoyed with the GP to start with giving out forms with wrong info on them and really fed up with the HSE offices.  I have to keep paying for GP appointments while I wait.  I dont really know what to do at this stage only try and find the office in the Cherry Orchard campus and turn up on their door step and stage a sit in.

Could anyone recommend private ones around the Loughrea area

I think the city or Athlone might be the closest you'll get to Loughrea, I don't think they're run in many/every smaller town. You could contact a Loughrea Cuidiu member and see if they know though.

Thanks spottybananas.. Ill try Cuidiu and see.. It makes me giggle how far out people think the towns are as such, to me tis like just a town over but everyone says tis far out..

Thanks spottybananas.. Ill try Cuidiu and see.. It makes me giggle how far out people think the towns are as such, to me tis like just a town over but everyone says tis far out..

I don't think it's far from Loughrea to Galway at all, another reason why I don't think there'd be specific classes around here, the city is close enough.

Milly33 I am Loughrea too!

Had midwife appointment yesterday and all ok thankfully. Have my scan Tues 2 weeks.

Just wondering did anyone else have to send in their own Combined Care/Mother & Infant scheme form themselves to the HSE to get the free GP appointments?  And also did you get confirmation it had been processed or did that go to the GP only...?

My GP secretary gave it to me to send in myself, the address on it was wrong with offices based in Connaught (I'm in Dublin) and she didn't know where the correct address was.  So I had to google (failed to get the answer theree) and then emailed the HSE to track down the right address.  

Ive posted it in twice now (since April), second time I sent it registered post, and I still have heard nothing and I cant get through all last and this week to the offices (same back in June when I was chasing the first form I sent in) and voicemails not being returned.  

Anyone else I've asked said their GP sent the form in for them.  So I'm a bit annoyed with the GP to start with giving out forms with wrong info on them and really fed up with the HSE offices.  I have to keep paying for GP appointments while I wait.  I dont really know what to do at this stage only try and find the office in the Cherry Orchard campus and turn up on their door step and stage a sit in.

Justwhatithink, i applied for mine back in March roughly when i went in to my GP to confirm my pregnancy, but i didn't get any word back yet.

The GP applied for me. I rang to make my next appt with them soon and mentioned about it, and she said she would look in to it and hopefully will be fine when i go in for my appt on the 24th July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Thanks Andreac. No joy getting through again today. I might get onto the GP so and see if they've any update on it or record of it having been approved. At least I know they got it given I sent it registered post the second time

Advertisement