Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

JustwhatIthink that's terrible form from your gp. When I rang to book appointment when I found out was pregnant I told the secretary and then I signed the forms on that appointment and wasn't​ charged. Maternity care is free in Ireland ( or supposed to be). Like is your is your gp going to reimburse you?? Like obviously they know that the HSE will pay. I'd have a word with the secretary tbh. I remember on my last pregnancy I went way more than the amount your supposed to ( I had a few panic moments) and was never charged and this was with a different gp ( I have since moved house). Hope you get sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Catching up on all the news.. Ah Lashes we are neighbours then :) probably passed eachother as tis such a small place...Was the midwife nice?

Have out second scan now the end of the month and i cannot wait for it..

Just got an email back also from a lady about private classes which is great news... Havent checked them out properly yet as not at home, but if tis €150 for the classes with himself I think it would so be worth it...

Even the other day we were kinda trying to see if the baby would react to some music and i thought I felt some movement (to Disney yes) and I was thinking tis a shame really he cant feel it now..Would just love for him to feel included in the classes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

She was lovely, had a student there too who took my BP and pulse. Main midwife done the doppler and took ages to find. I was trying not to be anxious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just had a bout of vomiting there. It's only really my 3rd time to actually vomit. Think it might have been just what I ate.

Lying up in bed now feeling sorry for myself lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Missjuly Ya I am a little annoyed at the GP, but then they have been very kind to me the past few months during times when I was reaching my limit with various knock on effects to me of the pregnancy and gave me great care and they take things seriously and don't treat me as 'ah sure it's just what happens in pregnancy - deal with it' case. But I am going to speak to them at the next appointment about what I've been charged to date. I rang on Friday to book that appointment and they were finally able to confirm the Combined Care/free appointments had been approved. So at least that's sorted now.

Utmost sympathies Andreac, you're allowed wallow in self pity. Same happened me during the night on a Sunday 2 weeks ago and i think it was also what I ate. But my own fault, the food was just too heavy and I foolishly over indulged.

• Advertisement

Finally getting to looking at the email sent through, this is the link for anyone else looking https://doulanextdoor.com/

Seems quite reasonable and good that the men can come along too.. Week 19 and I am eating like a mad thing I cant get enough of chocolate and icecreams :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Had a scan yesterday, all good thankfully so told family and friends! 16+3:) Wore a tight top into work, it's so obviously a baby bump but everyone's too polite to say (kinda impressed)! My boss knows obviously. Cant seem to bring it up in conversation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Had a scan yesterday, all good thankfully so told family and friends! 16+3:) Wore a tight top into work, it's so obviously a baby bump but everyone's too polite to say (kinda impressed)! My boss knows obviously. Cant seem to bring it up in conversation!

I was the same with work. I just told a few girls I'd go for lunch and told them to feel free to spread it around. Then if it comes up naturally in conversation I'll say it as well.

bee06 wrote: »
    I was the same with work. I just told a few girls I'd go for lunch and told them to feel free to spread it around. Then if it comes up naturally in conversation I'll say it as well.

All my lunch friends are on maternity leave ha!!! Im sure it'll come up eventually... at least I'm not hiding it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

hope everyone is getting on ok. i had my gp visit this morning at 17 weeks and got to hear the heartbeat. it totally made my day. felt a slight bit of movement the other night also so im happy enough that things are going well for us so far. not back in for my next apt till 4 weeks for my 20 week scan. am currently 17 weeks and have a bit of a bump now on show and just love it :)

• Advertisement

Yeah congrats you must be on cloud nine now after hearing the heartbeat!! It is great isn't it.. I keep seeing in my head swans batting their wings whenever I think of what it sounds like...

Best sound in the world!!

Swear my bump has doubled since Tuesday when we told people!!

its amazing how It grows... All exciting times ahead

Have ye felt the baby move yet? I thought I felt something tiny since Tuesday but wasnt sure. Definitely just felt something just now. Im 19+2. Its so weird but lovely.

I'm not sure lashes. I thought I felt something very faint but I've been suffering with wind (sorry tmi!!) this week so not sure if it was just that. I'm 19 today.
    Heartburn back again today for some reason.

The wind :) , that's kinda what I was describing the feeling to himself as.. Or , like just before your belly does a gurgle that kinda ripple effect..

I was getting a few odd ones of them but wasn't sure if it was the baby or as you say wind.. But most defo tis the baby, same as Lashes 19 going into 20 weeks and felt lots of movement this week.. Himself even felt it the other night, seems to be most active just before going to sleep and then in the mornings again...Another week and a bit till the next scan and cant wait to find out what it is

That's deadly Milly. I feel like I might find it weird the first time I feel it properly.
    Yeah that's exactly the feeling I think. Just before it lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

That's exactly the description I use, Milly. I am due in November and had the little bubble feelings at 17/ 18 weeks but they eased off. I am 22 weeks and have an anterior placenta but a few days ago started getting those wind type feelings but kind of towards my skin as opposed to back where they should be coming from. Cannot wait for my husband to feel it!

who would have thought we would get excited about getting a Windy feeling :)... I really thought it would feel completely different by what I have heard before, but tis still fun.. I cant wait for the definite movements, or when you can actually see it moving about

I've been getting little flutters the past week or so! 17weeks tomorrow on no2:)

• Advertisement

Id love to be able to see it dancing around or know what it is doing when you feel these movements

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Eabanos

I'm 19 weeks on #2 so can feel baby pretty regularly. I remember telling a friend on my first that I wasn't sure if I was feeling the baby or if it was just wind. As she very delicately put it "did you fart?no? Then it's baby! Simple!"
    That stayed with me! Definitely baby here now though, past the bubbles/wind stage.

So last night I was woken with really bad cramp in my leg. Anyone else get this?? God it was quite bad but managed to stretch it out eventually.
    A bit of my tooth broke off must as I was in bed last night too so need to organise dentist appt now, which I'm not a fan of at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crestedten

Anyone else going semi-private in the Coombe and know when the patient fee is due? It says on their fees page it's due on booking, but I've no idea what that means. We've already met the mid-wife and consultant and had the first scan, any of which could have been consider the "booking" appointment.

Sorry crestedten I can't help you. We are fully private and pay in 3 payments.

Well I think I felt a proper kick last night. Frightened the life out of me as it was sudden and felt a lot more than those flutters. Then I couldn't stop laughing. I was lying in bed when it happened. Was mad feeling. Then took me a while to get to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

I'm feeling little flutters but no kicks yet :) Was 19 weeks on Sunday nearly at the half way point now :)

andreac wrote: »
    So last night I was woken with really bad cramp in my leg. Anyone else get this??

i get it in my foot some nights, very painful and takes ages to stretch out and go back to sleep.

Feeling the baby move more last few days, was just in the evenings but can feel it now when Im at work. Getting stronger which is a great reassurance.

Hopefully i don't get it too often.

Had my GP appt yest and she was happy with everything. They didn't have the doppler so didn't get to hear the heartbeat.
    Does anyone know if you get to hear this at the Anomaly scan?

Have that scan next week, so hoping all is good. My bump is finally starting to spring. I can feel/see it more when i am lying down on my back.

andreac wrote: »
    Hopefully i don't get it too often.

Had my GP appt yest and she was happy with everything. They didn't have the doppler so didn't get to hear the heartbeat.
    Does anyone know if you get to hear this at the Anomaly scan?

Have that scan next week, so hoping all is good. My bump is finally starting to spring. I can feel/see it more when i am lying down on my back.

I was told to go to GP at 24 weeks. Is this different depending where in the country you are?

I have my scan next week too, assume we get to hear the heartbeat. I did at the midwife clinic when I was 18 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

lashes34 wrote: »
    I was told to go to GP at 24 weeks. Is this different depending where in the country you are?

I have my scan next week too, assume we get to hear the heartbeat. I did at the midwife clinic when I was 18 weeks.

I was told 24 weeks for the GP as well (in Cork). It does seem like everywhere is different.

Advertisement