Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Haha the things that catch us out..I have had this kinda annoyance (best way to describe it) just above my hip, kinda feels like something is there today think I pulled a muscle or something while stretching :) the joys...

Delighted lashes you must be delighted!! Is it twins then for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

It might be your round ligament Milly. It's a ligament that goes around your uterus and it stretches as the baby grows. Mine hurts the odd time as well. Kind of a sharp short pain.

Yeah that's kinda of it, I stretched yesterday morning getting out of bed and it kinda felt like a tear or something but then felt no more until today.. Going to google that now thank you :) put my mind at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yep that's round ligament pain, I get it all the time (24 weeks).

Ahh Spotty you are great, this is most defiantly it, just reading up on it now.. I suppose I had to get some symptoms beside the eating of all things sweet..It is in that spot just above the groin/hip on the right hand side, hopefully twill ease off in a bit then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Delighted to hear the anatomy scans are going well, mines not for ages!!

My toddler is very cute asking if the baby is alright in there and putting his ear to the bump to have a listen! Hopefully takes as well to his/her arrival;)

Milly it gets me really badly in the middle of the night if I turn funny in bed (usually toddler related), end up rolling around wincing clutching at it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Milly33 wrote: »
    Delighted lashes you must be delighted!! Is it twins then for you

So relieved!

Haha no sorry didnt word that very well. Just the one, we dont know if its a boy or girl yet.
    My toddler is very cute asking if the baby is alright in there and putting his ear to the bump to have a listen! Hopefully takes as well to his/her arrival;)

That is so cute :o

When is your scan?

Hope all went well andrea

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

lashes34 wrote: »
    So relieved!

Haha no sorry didnt word that very well. Just the one, we dont know if its a boy or girl yet.

That is so cute :o

When is your scan?

Hope all went well andrea

September 4th, I'll be 23 weeks!

Oh September lucky you not too long to go!!! Wow..

Ah Lashes I was wondering did I miss something.. Mums a twin and I was secretly liking the idea of twins but perhaps best for the first it is just one..

Got the deposit down with a few bits in Tralee Nursery yesterday cant wait now to pick them up. Picked these Wallaboo footmuffs they look so cozy.. Have been so lucky with family and friends we have loads of clothes, even got some nappies for newborn.. I'm excited to get washing and have them all sorted out :)

• Advertisement

Did you order over the phone? I was onto them earlier actually, waiting on a call back. Any idea gow much the vista is there?

I spoke to them before about it, so the best thing to do is send in an email with details and what you want and then call maybe 10mins later or when you get a reply from the email, with payment details. They replied very fast on the email..

No not sure on the vista there, for some reason the places don't like to say online. I know in All 4 Baby it was €349 (nearly positive)...It is a lovely looking buggy very smart...

I actually sent them a message on Facebook telling them all I was looking for and they just asked for my number to call me back. Assume they dont want to put prices in writing for some reason?

Just want to see if its worth my while to get most stuff there and make a trip some weekend. Have a friend down there so could go to visit her too.

Places are very competitive over travel system prices and are prone to being undercut and having competitors make fake phonecalls/messages to get prices to then offer it to the customer for less. That's why they don't put prices online too, especially smaller standalone shops that can't compete with huge companies.

I personally dislike the shop being mentioned as I found them overpriced for what I was looking for and not pleasant to deal with, but I know many people love the place and get good bargains.

I must say then I have had the opposite, researched all my prices before going with them, and have found them very helpful with all for what we were looking for anywho.. Are their prices not on the site Lashes (I know the system one isn't) but thought their site was quite good also..

They do free delivery once it is over €49 so you can get it delivered... I can let you know also if we are heading down to pick ours up or not too, was thinking we would make a trip out of it as we have relatives down there..

Had to hold myself back from buying anything out shopping today just got two baby name books to read through whoopsie

I think my problem is I'm from there and have been in the shop many times over the years...usually without actually managing to get anybody to speak to me or give me info!

Ah I see, complete different experiences then maybe they should just stick to an online shop :) that would put you off...

I got a call back. I told him a few bits I needed and he gave me a total price so dont actually know how much the vista is on its own. He seemed very rushed and not interested in talking to me so didn't push it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Anyone else due on Christmas Day?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭simply_dee

Oh my goodness, thanks for the tip about that shop ladies. I called them for a quote on the icandy orange and it's about €200 cheaper than in other large chain stores. Still not sure that I'll be parting with all that money, but it's good to know...!

• Advertisement

Ah no, maybe I am just getting the one nice person there, or it isn't the county difference by any chance, maybe ye need to do a bit of banter with them haha. I think it was Tracy I dealt with there Simply Dee if that is any good to you.. Even if the customer service is crap it might be worth it for the savings side and just let them know they don't have the best rep..

Christmas Day wow very special, not due then tis the 11th they have for us.. At least you can defiantly plan to stay put for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭simply_dee

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ah no, maybe I am just getting the one nice person there, or it isn't the county difference by any chance, maybe ye need to do a bit of banter with them haha. I think it was Tracy I dealt with there Simply Dee if that is any good to you.. Even if the customer service is crap it might be worth it for the savings side and just let them know they don't have the best rep..

Oops, think I wasn't being clear there. I was just saying thanks because I hadn't heard of that shop before... They were perfectly nice on the phone, and the saving is brilliant!

Baby has been kicking like crazy since yesterday evening, has been pretty quiet since last Friday night. Lovely to feel

Ah sorry I got my wires crossed Simple Dee, so good experience then with them, Happy Days :)

I was just going to say too the little Miss is moving around like mad lately, I noticed around 11/12 at night it will start when you lie down in bed, and around the same in the morning. Felt these kinda new movements lately that feel like tickles, like she is running her fingers along or something feels funky...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Did my first pregnancy yoga class today. I enjoyed the yoga bit but the start was chanting, breathing and imagining your baby being born which was all a bit soon and hippy dippy for me. Trying Pilates next week so hopefully that is more up my street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Was awfully sick last night. Vomited quite a lot and felt terrible. Think it was just the last few days catching up on me. I had 2 weddings, Fri and Sat and then we went down to stay in a hotel then for 2 nights and prob ate a bit too much and it all caught up on me.

Need to start taking it easy i suppose. I think i can do everything, but you just can't.

Got another bad leg cramp Saturday morning, was awful. My leg is still sore from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

andreac wrote: »
    Was awfully sick last night. Vomited quite a lot and felt terrible. Think it was just the last few days catching up on me. I had 2 weddings, Fri and Sat and then we went down to stay in a hotel then for 2 nights and prob ate a bit too much and it all caught up on me.

Need to start taking it easy i suppose. I think i can do everything, but you just can't.

Got another bad leg cramp Saturday morning, was awful. My leg is still sore from it.

I felt crap Wednesday last week just had no energy to get out of bed. Turns out we baby draining me of my iron levels. Might be similar issue especially giving your social calender! Perhaps get some bloods to see if it's the same problem.

My energy is gone the last week, struggling to get through work without falling asleep. I was on Iron on and off before pregnancy but levels were fine at 12 weeks. Am nearly 22 weeks now, might need to get them checked again. Have the GP at 24 weeks, will probably struggle on til then.

Ordering the travel system today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Might be no harm as you say Lainey. I was taking the sachets alright, but haven't taken them in a while. Might try taking them again for a bit.

Oh what are you going for Lashes? We ordered ours 2 weeks ago in Tony Kealy's. Went for the Bugaboo Buffalo in like a teal green. It's lovely.

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Oh what are you going for Lashes? We ordered ours 2 weeks ago in Tony Kealy's. Went for the Bugaboo Buffalo in like a teal green. It's lovely.

Going with the Uppababy Vista in grey, have looked at so many and kept coming back to it so dont think we will change our mind at this stage so just going to order. Got a few bits of baby clothes at the weekend in Next and Dunnes. So cute and teeny :o

Advertisement