Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

lashes34 wrote: »
    Going with the Uppababy Vista in grey, have looked at so many and kept coming back to it so dont think we will change our mind at this stage so just going to order. Got a few bits of baby clothes at the weekend in Next and Dunnes. So cute and teeny :o

Oh very good. Heard lots of good things about the Uppavista.

Yeah i picked up a few bits last week in Dunnes and Penneys too. So cute!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Awake since 330 this morning and 430 yesterday. Cant cope :mad:

lashes34 wrote: »
    Awake since 330 this morning and 430 yesterday. Cant cope :mad:

Oh no. I was waking early there for a while, but ive been so tired lately im sleeping for most of the night, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh ladies it sounds like ye are having a rough few weeks... I think im going the opposite route and having all the weird things you read about in the books.. Like bleeding gums, and skin tags for some reason... I have noticed a few tags appearing lately for no reason like around the neck and I hate to say on my nipple, must show the doc as tis really annoying me...

Went through lots of clothes people gave us and have so many things for the first few months, even nappies... Very hard not to buy new stuff though, had a looksee through Pennys and just had to say no..

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh ladies it sounds like ye are having a rough few weeks... I think im going the opposite route and having all the weird things you read about in the books.. Like bleeding gums, and skin tags for some reason... I have noticed a few tags appearing lately for no reason like around the neck and I hate to say on my nipple, must show the doc as tis really annoying me...

Thats weird, I have a few small skin tags lately, didnt even think it was pregnancy related. One on the nipple too :o

Let me know if its something that needs to be checked!

• Advertisement

As Michael J said "Your Are Not Alone".. I was thinking whoops I should not have put that up about the nipple but feck it... Yeah I was reading in the What to Expect book that skin tags are quite the norm when pregnant or that some people get them... The one I have on my nip is just really annoying I cant not but see it, even though tis small - it is just tormenting me... :) I will do, I have my next GP app the 21st and I am going to ask her to take a look at it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

hey ladies,
    we hoping to start shopping once we have had our anomoly scan next fri. got a massive big black bag of maternity clothes from both my sis in law's so im all set for clothes at least for the next 7 months. can't wait for the aldi event next week to pick up some bits. got some of those looney tunes baby clothes in lidil on mon. beyond super cute :) hoping to find out the sex of baby at scan also.

I have the next week marked in the diary too for Aldi, cant wait.. Mind I really don't want to buy lots of stuff we don't need but whats the harm in looking :) ....Didn't see the Lidl stuff might have a wonder in there sure if out and about...

Best of luck with the scan it is so much fun, seeing them is nearly a relief, so nice...

This baby feels like it has come alive today!! The movements/sensations feel really weird. Is anyone else finding this part hard to get used to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Hopping in again from November thread. Andrea I found the movements really odd on my first, the first flutters were fine but when they got a bit more noticeable they made my stomach lurch and it just got worse and more uncomfortable until he was born at 37 weeks. My mom wasn't a fan of it either when pregnant with me :) I'm 26 weeks now with my second and it's a lot more tolerable this time, hoping it won't get as painful as last time!

• Advertisement

Thanks spotty. Just feels really odd. Suppose just takes time to get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My little one isn't so active at the moment so when he/she does move/kick it takes a couple of seconds for me to think what it is. It's definitely weird! Nice weird but weird.

Mine is more active as the weeks go on, its a little weird but so happy to know he/she is still kicking. Bit of reassurance at least.

The sleep thing is a nightmare got very little last night but then im kinda used to not sleeping but getting very bunged up this week.. Very sinus-ie!! Have the old sea salt spritz but of course left it at home while in down South :) D'oh...

On a nicer note had a loverly surprise baby shower yesterday from my sister and family ( I know it was my sis who arranged) it was small and sweet but the people I love were there. They were very lucky I was even showered and ready to go as I thought we were having a cheer me up party for my mum so was expecting to bugger off half way through and get prettied up more.. Anywho twas loverly and got a really nice treat of out choice of buggy from all the family... So nice I even shed a tear, and that's about the first time since I saw Rick Astley on stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Ladies the skin tag thing is so weird. I never even heard of it being a pregnancy thing. Was at a wedding at the weekend and got a spray tan for it and lo and behold what are all these brown things on my neck..... Little skin tags turned all brown from he tan. Hadn't really noticed them before that.

I have been feeling pretty good the last few weeks. Proper bump now and I like this stage where it is obvious you are pregnant so over the whole feeling chubby/ bloated big belly feeling. I got some maternity clothes in h and m and they are so so comfy and really reasonably priced. The leggings are the comfiest thing ever they go up to my bra nearly ha! Some nice tops too.

Pram wise think we are going for the venicci pram. Love all the features air tires, the pram seat is really deep and comfy looking and the carry cot can be elevated for reflux babies or for when baby wants to look around a bit. Also want the chicco next to me the new one cause you can click it easily up and down. In the middle of doing up my toddlers room. Moving her room which feel really guilty about but she is beside our room and baby crying would probably wake her so moving her to room to other side of the house.

I'm 23 weeks so I feel like it's going to fly in now and will jsut start to feel more and more pregnant. Probably get some of the annoying pregnancy niggles that go with it. I already hate that I can't sleep on my back and belly anymore. Also the kicks are crazy high which is so weird I feel like they are half way between my belly button and boobs. Haven't had my fundal height measured think I will at my appointment next week in hospital.

Delighted to hear missjuly, well that you are feeling great...Skin tags are odd alright I cannot see how they would be a result of being pregnant... Very odd indeedy just another thing :)..

Did someone say here they had the Venti Buggy? Just pondering what to do at the moment, we managed to get a bargain with the City Mini GT and have it 2nd hand, all the bros and sisters are after telling us they want to get us the buggy of out choice and im just thinking now would it be an idea to have the city mini as lets say the travelling buggy,and the woods buggy and will we be mad and get like the pretty system. Oh the stress, I dont want to be greedy but im like mmm it is a very classy looking buggy

That's gas Missjuly about the skin tags. I have always had them, so i don't think i have any new ones, not that ive noticed anyway.

Im 23 weeks this Friday too. Have an anti natal physio class this Wed in the Coombe. This is the first of 3 classes. Has anyone attended these?

Still not much of a bump, which im finding strange. It does feel quite hard when im lying in bed, but when im standing i don't think i look pregnant lol. I have a bit of a food belly bump though which is annoying me more, but that's my own fault really with what im eating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I went mad at the weekend. Went to Tony Kealy to have a look at the options for a travel system. I had already done my research so pretty much knew what I wanted (Joie Chrome DLX) assuming it was as good in real life but we were just looking! Anyway in we went and it was 100 Euro off. So I gave the husband the pregnant wife eyes and ended up putting a deposit on it. Luckily I was so exhausted after the excitement we didn't go anywhere else or god knows what would have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

Popping in from November thread. I get a lot of little skin tags on my neck when I'm pregnant! Have a good few now, am 26 weeks. They all went away afterwards last time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Popping in to say hello and hope all is going well for you ladies. We're still TTC though this is the first month we've properly tracked/tried as I took the chance to have bunion surgery over the summer holidays from school. The very best of luck to you all xxx

• Advertisement

Milly that sound like a perfect plan. First time around parents in law offered to buy us a pram of our choice and we were like noway they are too expensive don't be silly. We bought one on adverts second hand which did us great but it was second hand and we have used it for nearly three years so it has seen better days. So we were going to buy a new one but they offered again and I was like yes please haha. Like first time around we were ridiculously sensible but now I'm like I want a pretty new one. The venti looks gorgeous love the colour schemes. The joi ones look really good too was almost tempted, it's so exciting isn't it!

Oh that's good to hear the skin tags go away! Very random symptom altogether. If it's your first I think it's normal enough to not show for a while. Like with my first I didn't tell the majority of my work till I was 20 weeks ( my close friends and boss knew). No one even knew, I actually didn't look that pregnant. This time around belly definitely popped out quicker, I'd like to think it's muscle memory ha!

Are there many second or more time mama's? I had a c section last time but love the thought of the recovery of a vaginal ( if everything goes relatively well)! I hate how it's so unknown I like to be organised like can someone just tell me how many stitches will I need 🙈😂

Mirrorwall glad to hear your keeping well! Best of luck ttc ��

Hi mirrorwall, nice to hear from you. Hope you get some luck soon.

Im am 23 weeks tomorrow, its flying. Cant believe am 5 months already. Feeling a lot of kicks really low down, its a strange feeling. Baby was breech last appointment so assume they are legs but could be arms I guess!

Haha good so im not thinking lets have it all then. Yeah we are being very sensible with stuff as I just dont want a cluttered house (moved nearly three/four times last year) so the thought of seeing more stuff is just a horror to me... Cant wait to chat to himself about it when I get back.. We saw the Venti in the shops and it just reminds me of going to the races or horse racing very sophisticated.. Not that we are :) but still it looks nice and sometimes tis just nice to have the nice things...

I am so trying not to read the stories about getting the fufu stitched up as it really scares me to think it might not go back to normal. I have a new respect for women who do choose the C section route, as really messing with the garden is just not a nice thought to think about... Im beginning to think that being male really is a lot easier on the body, women we are magical creatures and I do like being a women but jes we put our bodies through a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

missjuly wrote: »
    Milly that sound like a perfect plan. First time around parents in law offered to buy us a pram of our choice and we were like noway they are too expensive don't be silly. We bought one on adverts second hand which did us great but it was second hand and we have used it for nearly three years so it has seen better days. So we were going to buy a new one but they offered again and I was like yes please haha. Like first time around we were ridiculously sensible but now I'm like I want a pretty new one. The venti looks gorgeous love the colour schemes. The joi ones look really good too was almost tempted, it's so exciting isn't it!

Oh that's good to hear the skin tags go away! Very random symptom altogether. If it's your first I think it's normal enough to not show for a while. Like with my first I didn't tell the majority of my work till I was 20 weeks ( my close friends and boss knew). No one even knew, I actually didn't look that pregnant. This time around belly definitely popped out quicker, I'd like to think it's muscle memory ha!

Are there many second or more time mama's? I had a c section last time but love the thought of the recovery of a vaginal ( if everything goes relatively well)! I hate how it's so unknown I like to be organised like can someone just tell me how many stitches will I need 🙈😂

Second time round here! Have a soon to be 3yr old who was a caesarean delivery. To be honest my chances of a successful vbac are quite low, went 11days over, failed induction -2cm after 24hrs, biggish baby 8lb1oz for my 5ft 8.5st (normally) frame so pretty sure we're going with the planned section route. Like that I know the date and all especially with Christmas & hoping recovery will be quicker with a planned c section. Didn't find it bad on my 1st anyway. I do envy my friends who have gone naturally though!

Ladies is it true you get a catheter in when you get an epidural? If so does it hurt when you get it in? The catheter I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

andreac wrote: »
    Ladies is it true you get a catheter in when you get an epidural? If so does it hurt when you get it in? The catheter I mean.

I would say if you are in labour enough to get an epidural, a catheter is nothing!

I had a catheter before and there is a small pinch as it is inserted but it's fine

Ah ok. Just discovering all these things that I didn't know about lol.
    I'm never sick or really been in hospital for anything so just a bit anxious about all that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I was only chatting about it to a friend recently too. I would imagine the labour pains will cover up any other discomfort and the epidural will be painful in itself. I was thinking at least the epidural and catheter may mean that there is a delay on feeling the full effects of the first post- delivery wee, which is also supposed to hurt!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

andreac wrote: »

Jumping in from Jan thread. It depends on the hospital, some will leave the catheter in and others will just put it in to empty your bladder and then remove it. If you've had the epidural you won't be able to feel it. I had one and I was vaguely aware of a bit of rummaging down there, but couldn't feel anything.

Advertisement