Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just looking the two up missjuly, tough call indeed. The denim at least would be easier to clean, but the pure has that nice classy touch to it... Id go with the Pure thought for looks wise..

After a bit chat about it all now and we are going sensible so we are, we are thinking we shall instead get a new cot bed which was on the list, but I was going second hand.. The buggy we have the one we wanted, just second hand, and it is perfect just not brand new, so we shall keep that. That's us all sorted then Yeppee, bar the breast pump and bottles but that's waiting on himself to see what he wants, well sterliser wise.. Got the babies room tidied up at the weekend and cleared the wardrobe, oh it looks so cute with all the stuff in there. Done the first few bits of washing like socks and hats.. Weak so I am they are so tiny. Himself got some lovely bits in Aldi (all pink) and they are lovely. The little owls if anyone sees them are well worth it, they light up and play music...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Yeah the pure is really nice and I am afraid to the gusto would be a bit too boyish for a girl...I genuinely am the most indecisive person! Though you are the thire person who said the pure.The mini gt is a really good buggy and it probably does make more sense getting the cotbed you will be sorted for all big stuff then. I got my toddlers cot bed in Tralee nursery, a couple of years ago now, but think they did a good deal with a spring mattress and free delivery. I just ordered it all online I have never been to Tralee.

Raging I missed all the good stuff in Aldi I didn't get in till the Friday there wasn't much left, just got two cellular blankets. Ah that's so adorable you have the room all set I can't wait till I do....it's half painted at the moment!! I have the avent microwave sterliser it is so quick and handy and think it was only 30 euro when we bought it three years ago.

I have been getting weird crampy feelings the last few days I assume maybe Braxton Hicks?! Kind of freaks me out. Have a hospital appointment this week hope they do a mini scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭simply_dee

Hey ladies, woke up to a lovely email this morning. I signed up for a Gentlebirth raffle while I was at a Mothercare event last week, and it turns out we won a free workshop!! I never win anything :D. Not something I could've afforded/justified to myself, so great to have the opportunity. Has anyone ever done one before?

Would recommend the MC open mornings actually - good talks, 10% discount and there were only about 10 couples there, so good odds of winning a prize!

Buzzing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

simply_dee wrote: »
    Hey ladies, woke up to a lovely email this morning. I signed up for a Gentlebirth raffle while I was at a Mothercare event last week, and it turns out we won a free workshop!! I never win anything :D. Not something I could've afforded/justified to myself, so great to have the opportunity. Has anyone ever done one before?

Would recommend the MC open mornings actually - good talks, 10% discount and there were only about 10 couples there, so good odds of winning a prize!

Buzzing! :)

Congrats! I havent been but have read up on it. Not sure I can justify the expense and I dont think its completely me so it would likely be a waste.

Hoping to go to the MC event in Oct, hubby is working for the next one on Sept 3rd. They are giving away a travel system so worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭simply_dee

lashes34 wrote: »
    Congrats! I havent been but have read up on it. Not sure I can justify the expense and I dont think its completely me so it would likely be a waste.

Hoping to go to the MC event in Oct, hubby is working for the next one on Sept 3rd. They are giving away a travel system so worth a shot!

That's a great prize! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you lashes!

• Advertisement

Congrats Simply Dee loverly prize to win.. Lucky you..
    Miss July you should go back to the shop and take them both for a cruise and see which one makes you go Yeppee!!!

I had the pleasure of talking to David in Tralee nursery the last day was in knots with him funny chap, but I could see why people might think he is not so friendly... Could luck with the doc I am sure tis just the baby getting comfy in there or moving around more...I'm off to enter lots of competitions now

simply_dee wrote: »
    That's a great prize! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you lashes!

Aw no that is the Sept prize, will see what the Oct one is!

Has anyone come across the V shaped maternity pillow, covers.. I have one but wouldn't mind a new cover for it. Was thinking it might be cheaper to buy than make a new one..

Forgot to say, I asked the GP to take a look at the skin tags on the nips and all is good, she said they are perfectly normal and will most likely bugger off after the little miss arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

missjuly wrote: »

I have been getting weird crampy feelings the last few days I assume maybe Braxton Hicks?! Kind of freaks me out. Have a hospital appointment this week hope they do a mini scan!

Have awful cramps in my left side and back today, not nice at all!

Someone mentioned about a breast pump. From a BF page I'm on, loads rave about the Haaka pump, it's manual but works based on suction so you don't have to pump yourself, it's around €35 on the U.K. Website, just got mine. I have a double medela pump which I found good but it's not a closed system (so not meant to use on 2babies), I'm going to get new tubing and take apart to make sure there's no mound and will use again I think. I'll have a look at getting it serviced. Wasn't heavily used on my last so certainly can't justify a new electric one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Milly33 wrote: »
    Has anyone come across the V shaped maternity pillow, covers.. I have one but wouldn't mind a new cover for it. Was thinking it might be cheaper to buy than make a new one..

They have them in Ikea for €4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

They have them in Ikea for €4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Pretty sure I saw them on Amazon

Another reason for a trip to Ikea, I so want to go but himself keeps saying no, it would in fairness be dangerous.. Thanks I shall check it out and Amazon

Had my 24 week GP appointment and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! Everything was perfect as well which was great. I was a bit worried I wasn't gaining enough weight because everyone keeps saying how small I am.

Anomaly scan now tomorrow. Will be glad to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

bee06 wrote: »
    Had my 24 week GP appointment and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! Everything was perfect as well which was great. I was a bit worried I wasn't gaining enough weight because everyone keeps saying how small I am.

Ignore people saying how small you are, everyone carries differently and some ridiculous people expect you to be huge. My mil was nearly hysterical with how small I always was with my son, he was 7lbs 7ozs three weeks early so he was clearly fine! Unless youre seriously underweight it isn't cause for concern.

Best of luck with the scan tomorrow!!! It is great to get it done, I didn't realise how much we were both thinking about it until after... Sure look around tomorrow when you are there at all the different types of bumps there are so many...

Have the glucose test tomorrow and so not looking forward to getting up that early

Have the glucose test tomorrow and so not looking forward to getting up that early

I booked mine today for 4 weeks time. I'm really not looking forward to fasting from 8pm to 10am. I'll be ravenous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Does everyone have to get this glucose test? I'm back with my consultant on the 11th Sept so I might mention it then. Or is it only if they have an issue with you that you get it?

It's only if you have one of the risk factors. I have PCOS so have to do it.

• Advertisement

It's only if you have one of the risk factors. I have PCOS so have to do it.

Ah ok. Thanks

I was wondering the same thing, thought I was getting it as I was over 30... It actually isn't as bad as it sounds. I thought I would be starving marvin but twas fine, and that was after they made a blunder and I had to get 4 blood test instead of 3 and had to wait an extra hour!!! They forgot to give me the drink after the first blood test, D'oh..Lucky I said it..

So just incase, you go in get one blood sample taken, and then you should be given the drink. Then and hour later your called in for the next blood test, and an hour again another test and that's it... :)

Felt sorry for a lot of the ladies in there as there was this woman going on and on about being delayed for an appointment.. Kinda felt like telling her to be quite and not so rude but said nothing...

Good to know Milly. Not good though having to get an extra blood test!!

God i feel like im going to burst today. Feel huge and really breathless again. Had an appt with my GP yesterday as the breathless thing was really getting to me but all was fine. Must be just one of those things. I feel like my belly is quite high, i wasn't sure if it is just extra weight or what. Still not convinced it's baby, but maybe with this breathlessness it could be pushing everything up, including my belly lol.

I must say as few weeks ago, I felt huge too it lasted for a few days then settled, the bump even looked bigger then than it does now.. Maybe tis just baby being baby...Hopefully twill pass soon for you..

Yeah and the needles just felt a little more stingy than normal must have been the early morning

Anomaly scan was all good anyway. Baby was moving around like crazy and got some super cute photos of the face. Delighted to have it over with now.

It's a relief bee isn't it? I didn't think i was that worried about it until I was sitting outside waiting to go in. I was nearly in tears thinking we could possibly find out bad news here. But all good.

andreac wrote: »
    It's a relief bee isn't it? I didn't think i was that worried about it until I was sitting outside waiting to go in. I was nearly in tears thinking we could possibly find out bad news here. But all good.

I was the same!

My thumb has been twitching all day and my index finger on the same hand has now joined in. Pain and tingling just starting as well and from google it looks like it could be carpal tunnel syndrome. Anyone have any idea what I can do or is it something I have to put up with?

Bizarre!

lashes34 wrote: »
    My thumb has been twitching all day and my index finger on the same hand has now joined in. Pain and tingling just starting as well and from google it looks like it could be carpal tunnel syndrome. Anyone have any idea what I can do or is it something I have to put up with?

Bizarre!

Ive heard them chatting about this. You can get splints from the hospital so maybe get on to them and ask. They said they give them out to whoever needs them. It's quite common.

• Advertisement

Not much chance of getting something on a Friday evening I guess. Will call them Monday maybe. Thanks!

Advertisement