Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

It shouldn't get too bad over the weekend, if it does try sleeping with your hands out straight on pillows rather than curled up under your head etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

andreac wrote: »
    Does everyone have to get this glucose test? I'm back with my consultant on the 11th Sept so I might mention it then. Or is it only if they have an issue with you that you get it?

It's standard in mullingar but some hospitals do it on risk basis

bee06 wrote: »
    Anomaly scan was all good anyway. Baby was moving around like crazy and got some super cute photos of the face. Delighted to have it over with now.

Great news, have mine Monday week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Anomaly scan was all good anyway. Baby was moving around like crazy and got some super cute photos of the face. Delighted to have it over with now.[/QUOTE

Congrats to ye!! Great news indeed delighted to hear...

the carpel tunnel maybe if you try stretching your fingers a bit, every now and again it would ease it.. Are you doing some repetitive thing that would cause this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thanks Milly. Feel a bit more comfortable starting the shopping now. Bought some bits and pieces today but finding it really hard to find clothes that aren't pink, blue or white. Don't know what I'm having but even if it is a girl I don't want to dress her in baby pink everything ... it's my least favourite colour of all time!

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    the carpel tunnel maybe if you try stretching your fingers a bit, every now and again it would ease it.. Are you doing some repetitive thing that would cause this...

Carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnancy is caused by swelling around the nerve in the wrist, it can be exacerbated by some movements but that's not what causes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

finding it really hard to find clothes that aren't pink, blue or white. Don't know what I'm having but even if it is a girl I don't want to dress her in baby pink everything ... it's my least favourite colour of all time!

I am the same. I got a lot of black and white and grey online. We are (90%) having a boy in November so it's much easier for us now. Feckin hate pink!

I didn't think would be gone on the pink until well it came into the house and I was like ahhh its so cute... But I get it, I would not be mad on the colour either, I wanted more tom boyish colours or bright colours... I found from all the clothes we got from friends it was the boys colours were more funky... Is Pumpkin Patch still going they used to do lovely sets, or for the gothic Kates Clothing online has some cool suits...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Ladies, been sniffing around the shops as my existing wardrobe is rapidly becoming unsuitable. The bump now demanding some retail therapy! Aside from jeans, I'm shocked at how bad (aka see through) H&M stuff is, plus only a fraction of maternity is actually in stores.

One of the websites I came across is Mamalicious and they have a great sale this weekend https://www.mamalicious.com/gb/en/mm/great-offers/ Even got a winter jacket 50% off!

Also came across JoJo Mama Bebe, they actually have a shop on wicklow at in Dublin and quality is really good. https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/stores/store/view/id/70

With sterling rate being so good I shopped both sites UK address rather than Ireland. I'm registered with An posts Address pal so can avail free UK postage as well! Think it's just €3.50 then to collect at post office.

Was going to go next week, I'm in serious need of some pants... I found it hard enough to get pants as they are all skinny jeans now a days, just looking at mamalicious and tis the same with the maternity pants, do people not get sick of the clingy material! Some lovely tops and dresses on the site I wonder what the sizes are like..

Took a trip into Tescos today looking for hangers and ended up coming out with some baby outfits, the sale section they have is great nice baby growns for €4 and dresses for €2, had a look in the boys section too and the same here.. Very tempting

• Advertisement

My Feet are so sore latly :( in any type of shoes...

Anywho was just ironing all the freshly washed clothes and just incase it might be useful regarding the keeping away from pink issues, all the colourful ones I came across are from Mothercare.. Some lovely orange and blue stripey suits and onesys...Really sweet. I must say I was kinda looking at the white suits going they are so boring, but ill hold onto to them just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hayleenaj

Lainey, the asos Ridley maternity jeans I've ordered online, and they're so comfy. The under the bump ones for now... I bought a pair of the h & m over the bump ones and like how they fit, but just find the full band a bit much yet.

Just wondering if anyone has done the gentlebirth workshop or is planning on doing it? I downloaded the app, and read the guidebook which is really informative, positive and has some great info re prep for birth, labour and afterwards. Just wondering if it's worthwhile doing the workshop on top of this, or if the app is sufficient and would love any feedback. We're having a doula as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Thanks everybody!

Had the anomaly scan yesterday so think its starting to feel real now!

Had to have it privately as its not offered in the maternity hospital here and the sonographer wasn't exactly the chatty type. Just said that there was no major abnormalities noted, which I suppose is all they can say really to cover themselves!

22 weeks+ 4 now so might start looking in to buggys and that, theres so many travel system options out there, how in the name of god are people supposed to choose?!

Hope everybody else is keeping well!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crestedten

Try and find a store that has few models on the floor and just go and push them around. Narrow it down to a style of buggy you like and then try a few buggies of that same style. In the end most of them in the same style and price bracket are very similar and it just comes down to personal preference. Make sure you put some weight in the buggy when you're testing them as well. Some of the stores have a 5kg sand bag to simulate a baby's weight, but if they don't have one chuck your handbag and a bottle of water in.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

crestedten wrote: »
    Make sure you put some weight in the buggy when you're testing them as well. Some of the stores have a 5kg sand bag to simulate a baby's weight, but if they don't have one chuck your handbag and a bottle of water in.

Oh great idea, thank you!

Congrats Firgrolls tis great isn't it after the scan just to relax as such... Hope you were smitten.. Was in the hospital today and have to say jes the ladies really need o crack a smile or too, they looked miserable in there, not sure do half the women realise that they look so unfriendly and the seem to look everyone up and down...

I thought the anomaly scan was a given? Very strange why it isn't a standard over all the hospitals...

The travel systems I think the best thing to do is actually look at where ye would be walking and going the most, Then set down what ye would want, like do you want simple click in and out system, do ye need all the bits etc.. With that in mind then head into one of the store and take some for a spin.... And see how ye feel about them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Milly, a lot of hospitals don't do them as standard. CUMH only does them on high risk patients.

Just wondering why though, that's what I meant... If some give it and others don't... Seems a little unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Just wondering why though, that's what I meant... If some give it and others don't... Seems a little unfair

Its crazy that your level of care is determined by where you live. Very surprised it isnt in the news more. Im lucky that in Galway they do both 12 and 20 week scans.

It's due to cost.

• Advertisement

Yeah very lucky indeed lashes34.. Friends were saying it, who went private even that it wasn't offered to them they had to pay extra again, that was in Cork... Very sad to see indeed it is such a great scan to get for both the parents and the baby...Galway is proofing very good indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

Hi there

A little bit off topic but I was just wondering if anyone has experience of buying baby items (electronics) in the US for use in Ireland. I'm heading over soon and I was considering buying the thermometer, maybe a pump and monitor over there. Or possibly buy them from the US Amazon site and send them to our friends house where we're staying. Are the generally cheaper there and is it a nightmare to use them here with the voltage, plugs etc? thanks in advance!

I bought a fancy thermometer and ended up using a free Nurofen one as it was always more accurate, waste of 40 quid :/ As for pump I would've thought the voltage might cause an issue but I'm just guessing.

12 packs of waterwipes down to €20 in Dunnes. Expiry of Oct 18 on the ones I got.

I could ask on Facebook for you what to do? If you like have a few friends in the US might be able to answer. After that I cant say I could be of any help...

Feeling whacked today, I could happily sit on the couch, eat and sleep all day. The feet are killing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

Thank you, if you wouldn't mind asking on Facebook that would be super. I am reluctant to go crazy buying things but of course any saving to be made is always welcome!

Hope you're feeling better and will get some rest over the weekend.

Have asked there for you we shall see what they say... Still looking at pumps and now wondering about the free pump you get! I wonder would you just hold out for that or then is that being mean if you can afford your own get one...

Must say feeling much better today, the sniffles are gone, and the feet are much better.. Think you just have to give in sometimes.. Now to clean yepee have a lovely weekend ladies

Congrats on the scan figrolls, I have mine Monday!

Milly, what's the free pump your talking about, never heard of anyone getting a free one!

Glad to hear everyone's keeping well, baby's getting very active but hubby still can't feel it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Currently sitting in the spa area of Farnham estate in Cavan chilling out. Here until Monday. Lovely pregnancy package booked for tomorrow. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Hadn't felt much movement since Wed morning and nothing since yesterday evening so when I woke at 430 this morning I had a glass of really cold juice and lay on my side for 2 hours, no movement at all. Woke my husband at this stage and rang the hospital who told me to come in. They seen me straight away, got the heartheat which was such a relief. Doc came in then and done a scan, heartbeat strong and fluid good so they sent me home to track movements and come back if still nothing. Has been moving, not a massive amount but some so hoping all is ok.

Glad I went in, was a bit panicked by the end of the 2hrs this morning. So scary.

Advertisement