Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh lashes that's scary. I'm sure you were up the walls with worry.
    I wouldn't feel a huge amount of movement that often myself and yesterday it was fairly quiet. Does get you thinking.
    But all ok today.
    Hopefully all is ok with your little one and just having a quiet day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Very scary Andrea, was glad when I had the scan. Mine has been very active the last 2 weeks so to drop so suddenly scared me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Congrats on the scan figrolls, I have mine Monday!

Milly, what's the free pump your talking about, never heard of anyone getting a free one!

Glad to hear everyone's keeping well, baby's getting very active but hubby still can't feel it!

Hey short stuff, tis on page 13 of the bargin alerts. Another poster said "Your PHN will provide you with a brand new pump for free if requested after the birth of baby"

Oh Lashes so sorry, very scary indeed. So happy to hear everything is ok :) ye must be delighted... I felt for a lady on Wens when I was waiting to ask reception something she came in with another lady to say the same thing.Must be very scary...

The nurse had just said to me, if the movements went less frequent to do that have a cold drink and then sit down and if there is no movement after 20 mins call the GP, that there should be from around the 25th week on 10 movements within 20mins...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hey short stuff, tis on page 13 of the bargin alerts. Another poster said "Your PHN will provide you with a brand new pump for free if requested after the birth of baby"

Oh interesting!! I have a feeling that might just be for certain areas. Definitely double check with your phn but I wouldn't be counting on it. No rush on it either way as it's not recommended til after 6weeks. Have a look at the Haaka (it's a manual one that doesn't require you to manually pump), it's only around €30 and have seen people get as much as they would with an electric. Have it bought but obviously haven't used yet!!

• Advertisement

lashes34 wrote: »
    Hadn't felt much movement since Wed morning and nothing since yesterday evening so when I woke at 430 this morning I had a glass of really cold juice and lay on my side for 2 hours, no movement at all. Woke my husband at this stage and rang the hospital who told me to come in. They seen me straight away, got the heartheat which was such a relief. Doc came in then and done a scan, heartbeat strong and fluid good so they sent me home to track movements and come back if still nothing. Has been moving, not a massive amount but some so hoping all is ok.

Glad I went in, was a bit panicked by the end of the 2hrs this morning. So scary.

That must have been so scary lashes, glad to hear all is well x

thanks shortstuff.. Another thing that depends on where you are then. Sure well see have a few things left to get now and thinking Oct will do fine for them, just going to chill for little bit now on getting ready..

I've done nothing to get ready bar ordering a pretty ring sling, the haaka pump and a cute rainbow baby gro! I'll start washing and sorting what's in the attic in October/November Id say! Just need to order a new mattress for the co sleeper, clean car seat and buggy and we should be good to go then!

Had our anatomy scan today! All went well thankfully. Baby's a little over average so measuring 24 weeks rather than my 23weeks. Planned caesarean at 38 + 3 so it'd be nice for him/her to be that bit bigger & stronger hopefully!

Congrats to ye!!! Great to have it done isn't it. She said the same with ours she is 5 days over and mighty she is given off some moves the last few days, it is funny....

Sure that's organised nice to have it all there already...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Hi all,

Have the Glucose Tolerance Test tomorrow dreading it. Other than that had the anomoly scan 4 weeks ago and all is well thank god. Only 15 weeks left :O time is flying. How is everyone feeling?

• Advertisement

I was the same with the glucose test hated the idea of it but tis actually fine the time flies by. Just bring a magazine or something with you, and make sure you get the drink after the first test haha I ended up having to wait an extra hour cus they forgot.. Best of luck with it...

The time is flying indeed, one more week till the last tri!! It has gone so fast!! As a first timer I thought it would be completely different but have to say it has been grand

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Bought a good few bits in Lidl today they have some cute baby clothes. Trying to get organised with clothes. How many sleepsuits vests etc is everyone getting? What are people using as their hospital bag? Trying to get busy for the next few weeks so I can relax coming up to the end

geez wrote: »
    How many sleepsuits vests etc is everyone getting? What are people using as their hospital bag? Trying to get busy for the next few weeks so I can relax coming up to the end

They say to have up to 10 of each outfit (vest+sleepsuit), 3 hats, 2 cardigans, 3 mittens, 2 cellular blankets then bibs/muslins+a towel/baby wash. I have most things now at this stage, dont want to be rushing about at 8 months trying to get organised. Buggy should be in sometime in the next week. Need to get a mattress for the crib I am borrowing along with some things for my hospital bag but getting there.

10 of each thank you.. I got this checklist https://www.mummypages.ie/tools/packing-your-hospital-bag I have it printed out ready to mark off.. Seems good.

Just going to bring the my travel suitcase the small one for on board... Not going mad buying another bag just for this, same goes with the changing bag.. Just using what we have already... Was only talking last night saying that we will have to pop the bag into the car to be ready for Star Wars.. That would be a fun story...

Started to knit a Christmas stocking or bag (we shall see if I can do the stocking part) last night...It will be so different this year

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Popping in :-) Have lots of vests and sleepsuits and bibs.And a few muslins.A couple of hats and maybe a couple of cardigans.Two blankets should be enough.Consider bringing a couple of soothers too!

For you.....loads of underwear, pads, and a few pairs of pjs, or at least PJ tops.You sweat.A lot!!Bring a zip up jumper or dressing gown for sitting up in the bed and moving around.Slippers are good but I actually found flip-flops better. Phone charger, a kindle (or equivalent!), some nice small bottles of shower gel, shampoo, moisturiser etc, to make you feel human (!) A couple of plastic bags for general bits of rubbish, dirty clothes etc.Dark towels and dark faceclothes.

Your bag will be bursting, but send your OH home with dirty stuff etc and tell them what to bring when they are coming back.That way you're well covered!!

shesty wrote: »
    Popping in :-) Have lots of vests and sleepsuits and bibs.And a few muslins.A couple of hats and maybe a couple of cardigans.Two blankets should be enough.Consider bringing a couple of soothers too!

For you.....loads of underwear, pads, and a few pairs of pjs, or at least PJ tops.You sweat.A lot!!Bring a zip up jumper or dressing gown for sitting up in the bed and moving around.Slippers are good but I actually found flip-flops better. Phone charger, a kindle (or equivalent!), some nice small bottles of shower gel, shampoo, moisturiser etc, to make you feel human (!) A couple of plastic bags for general bits of rubbish, dirty clothes etc.Dark towels and dark faceclothes.

Your bag will be bursting, but send your OH home with dirty stuff etc and tell them what to bring when they are coming back.That way you're well covered!!

Nearly forgot the amount of sweat!!

Oh and if your feet swell badly, mine doubled in size on my son, be careful with footwear leaving hospital, my feet had shrunk right back down, I though something was wrong with me walking out as I kept tripping! My sketchers we're just massive on me!!

For your bag, I found the up to 1month baby gros from next great. Son was 8lb1oz and new born was too small after the 1st couple days and 0-3way too big

I was the same with the glucose test hated the idea of it but tis actually fine the time flies by. Just bring a magazine or something with you, and make sure you get the drink after the first test haha I ended up having to wait an extra hour cus they forgot.. Best of luck with it...

The time is flying indeed, one more week till the last tri!! It has gone so fast!! As a first timer I thought it would be completely different but have to say it has been grand

Thanks Milly, had it this morning. I'm not great with blood and with the fasting, I fainted =/ We weren't long waiting was out by half 11. They said they'd ring if results came back positive I had it, no word yet but I don't know if there would be yet. Really hope I don't have it.

I'm a first timer too and everyone said it was long but I think its flying. Although I believe the last month will drag. We are on countdown too to our wedding so maybe that's what makes its seem like its going quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

shesty wrote: »

Thanks so much for this list. I'm going to start getting the baby bits together now. Would you recommend 0-1 month sized baby stuff as another poster said? First time here and I haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Thanks a million ladies that's a real help first time mom here too and it can be overwhelming at times. Just want to get it sorted so I don't have stress running around in the final weeks!

• Advertisement

Wowzer LittleBoBeep a very exciting time so on all levels for ye!! When are ye getting married?

I got mine done on the Thurs me thinks it was and she said if I had not heard by Tuesday take it as a good sign.. So didn't hear a thing and I was sure I would have something as I have gone mad for sugar and cakes, wouldn't even look at them before.. Double pack of Jaffa Cakes does not last long in the house now :) but all was good. Had a app with the doc on the Wens next so she checked which was handy...

Hope you had some support there or someone nice when you fainted, never nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Quick question ladies. Im due the 15th December, having my baby in the Coombe.

Im just wondering if anyone knew is there a diff policy around Christmas time or if you go over your date and it's coming up to Christmas do they induce you earlier or let you go well over? Im in with my consultant on Monday so im going to ask him, but just curious to see if anyone here knows.

We're getting married 5th October Milly! Baby was a massive surprise when we found out and we'd been planning the wedding 2 years so there didn't seem too much point in postponing it. It was hard enough for us to plan it the first time around :D I was back in hospital again today for an antenatal visit and they told me my test was fine on Tuesday, i'm delighted. I also found out my blood type is negative so I have to have an anti- D injection after 28 weeks. They can't tell the baby's blood type so they assume its positive. I also met the consultant. I'm under Dr Ravikumar and she is so nice. She really put me at ease.

I fainted last time I gave blood too, thankfully the better half was there both times and he's so calm in situations like that!

I'm due 17th December so I asked her what would happen if I went over with Christmas etc, she said they'd take me in the 27th if I don't go naturally. It's all the same to them over Christmas anyway. I'm not sure if that's any help Andrea?!

10 of each thank you.

Well I think they say 5-10 of each so I was thinking of bring 5 so my bags isnt wedged but have a backup back of a few bits that can be left in the car. Or else at home and hubby can bring them in again. Im sure 5 of everything will do one day!
    andreac wrote: »
    Im just wondering if anyone knew is there a diff policy around Christmas time or if you go over your date and it's coming up to Christmas do they induce you earlier or let you go well over? Im in with my consultant on Monday so im going to ask him, but just curious to see if anyone here knows.

I was thinking the same, am seeing the midwife in less than 2 weeks so will ask but am due the 13th so imagine I will be brought in the 23rd the latest but that could still be a 24th baby. Really dont want to be in over Christmas if I can help it. Early december would be the dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Hey everyone, a bit late to this party but I'm expecting no 3 on new years eve!!
    Found out while in France for the summer when I was 12 weeks, let's just say that sickness in a camper van was not one of the best experiences of my life but it's all done for now��
    In my experience with my last 2 pregnancies I get really sick from 32 weeks on so I have that to look forward to������
    Is anyone else here having a disagreement with their partner about finding out the sex?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Jumping in from the Jan thread - those of you who've had the glucose test, were you allowed to drink water beforehand or was it completely nil by mouth for 12 hours before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Toots wrote: »
    Jumping in from the Jan thread - those of you who've had the glucose test, were you allowed to drink water beforehand or was it completely nil by mouth for 12 hours before?

(I'm in the November thread).

No water. Nothing at all to eat or drink from 8pm. That was the Rotunda.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

(I'm in the November thread).

No water. Nothing at all to eat or drink from 8pm. That was the Rotunda.

Ah feck. I'm the rotunda too, my usual trick is to drink loads of water before a blood test cos if you're well hydrated it's easier to get a vein. Damn that's gonna be a thirsty 12 hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Toots wrote: »
    Ah feck. I'm the rotunda too, my usual trick is to drink loads of water before a blood test cos if you're well hydrated it's easier to get a vein. Damn that's gonna be a thirsty 12 hours :(

It is horrible. I was whacking on the lipbalm something fierce, I felt so dry!
    I didn't know that about the water making it easier to get a vein. When I had my GTT a few weeks back one of my veins didn't give any blood at all- maybe that's why.

• Advertisement

I was told you could drink water, like not gallons of it but tis ok to sip away at it, just don't add anything to it like lemon or anything like that...

Just after the best birthday week here with my man and my family must say I'm feeling very spoilt and loved... Cant wait now for the next few months.. Into the final tri next week...

5th of Oct wont be long coming along now!! What a magical time wedding and a baby... All ill say with the wedding is just remember to enjoy it for yerselfs, it is all about ye and don't forgot that or feel like ye cant make it all about ye..

Battling down the hatches today with the winds here a nice excuse to do nothing..

Went shopping around during the week also, Pennys have lots of cute little summer dress's and that for €1, and next I must say have some really lovey outfits in there.. Was very close to getting some but said no we would hold off and wait a little longer

Advertisement