Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I just put in the 26 weeks as its the payment you're applying for. Unpaid is seperate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks. I thought it was just the 26 weeks one as you are applying for the benefit. Ill try suss out then about the unpaid. Maybe i just give the dates to my job as opposed to filling out a form.

andreac wrote: »
    Thanks. I thought it was just the 26 weeks one as you are applying for the benefit. Ill try suss out then about the unpaid. Maybe i just give the dates to my job as opposed to filling out a form.

Just make sure you let Revenue know as well so they can adjust your PRSI record for the unpaid leave.

I was reading the November thread, like to keep an eye on whats happening a month ahead of me!

One poster mentioned weight gain and when I looked it up it says the average is 2-4lbs first trimester and 1lb a week after that. I am 27 weeks so by that I should have gained 16-18lbs but I am only 8lbs up. Seems a big difference. I know I asked the midwife at 18 weeks as I hadnt gained anything and she said I would notice a big difference by the time I was back to her next week at 28 weeks.

Just a little concerned that the baby isnt getting enough from me or hopefully getting all it needs and thats why Im so tired last few weeks?

Anyone any idea? Will obviously discuss with the midwife next week but said I would ask.

Lashes i wouldn't be overly concerned about weight gain. If your scans are all going well and baby measuring ok then that's the main thing.

I don't have a baby bump really at all yet. I feel i have put some weight on, on my tummy due to my diet, but i don't have a pronounced pregnant belly still, if that makes sense? But all my scans have been perfect.

• Advertisement

Ya I was thinking that, I have a good bump, pretty average size I think or maybe slightly small. No issues at the 21 weeks scan, baby slightly smaller than average but well within the range. I am 5'4" and hubby only 5'9" so baby was never going to be very big.

Will mention to midwife anyway. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭simply_dee

Lashes, I'm the same as yourself. 25 weeks now and I've gained only 2 pounds. I mentioned it at my GP appointment last week and the midwife said not to be worried at all, it's not as issue as long as your scans are ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

Hi ladies, happy Friday!

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but hubby and I are planning a night away and I'll be just under 35 weeks at the time. I will be 2 hours from the hospital. I can see how things progress closer to the time but does anyone have any experience of travelling that distance before baby arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Hi ladies, happy Friday!

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but hubby and I are planning a night away and I'll be just under 35 weeks at the time. I will be 2 hours from the hospital. I can see how things progress closer to the time but does anyone have any experience of travelling that distance before baby arrives?

I went to a wedding 3.5 hours from home at 36 weeks. I was near a hospital, but obviously not my hospital. All was fine before it and on the day...ended up admitted two days later and baby was born 5 days after that due to pre eclampsia which basically came on suddenly over the weekend of the wedding unbeknownst to me.

I'd definitely go 2 hours away at 35 weeks if all is going well up to that point. In terms of the actual travel I drove down and my husband drove back, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

I went to a wedding 3.5 hours from home at 36 weeks. I was near a hospital, but obviously not my hospital. All was fine before it and on the day...ended up admitted two days later and baby was born 5 days after that due to pre eclampsia which basically came on suddenly over the weekend of the wedding unbeknownst to me.

I'd definitely go 2 hours away at 35 weeks if all is going well up to that point. In terms of the actual travel I drove down and my husband drove back, no issues.

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully all will be gong well at that stage and we'll get away. Might keep hospital bag and notes in the car to be on the safe side!

• Advertisement

Looks like im getting that Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my right hand. Been quite bad the last few mornings. Might see about that Splint you can get.
    Does anyone else have it? It eases after im up out of bed for a while.

andreac wrote: »
    Looks like im getting that Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my right hand. Been quite bad the last few mornings. Might see about that Splint you can get.
    Does anyone else have it? It eases after im up out of bed for a while.

I had it in first pregnancy and just a bit now. The splints are amazing relief, tricky to get used to sleeping with them on but worth it. It always eases once you get moving, it's lying still and often lying your head on your hands during the night or at funny angles that worsens it.

I had it in first pregnancy and just a bit now. The splints are amazing relief, tricky to get used to sleeping with them on but worth it. It always eases once you get moving, it's lying still and often lying your head on your hands during the night or at funny angles that worsens it.

Yeah i seem to sleep like that a lot. Ill ask them tomorrow when im at my ante natal class. Someone said you can get them free in the hospital.

Yeah my gp gave me physio referral and I got the splints then from the physio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Hi ladies, happy Friday!

Theres men in here too ya know:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Man I have to stop eating, I just cannot get to full.. Have gone made for bickies but went out and got lots of fruit and well sure ive eaten that already and we only went shopping yesterday :)

Had my 28 weeks midwife appointment yesterday, all ok. Baby is fully breach and measuring 29 weeks which I was surprised at as at every scan baby was measuring slightly small. I guess its just an estimate and a week isnt a big deal.

Going away for the weekend to visit family in England, will be the last overseas for us before baby but hope to get away for a weekend in Ireland before December.
    Hi ladies, happy Friday!

I would just make sure to have the hospital file and bags in the car just to be safe. I bring my file everywhere with me and once I get my bags packed will bring those too if going away for a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Hi girls just a quick question, I'm in temporary employment and my contract will be finished before November, I'm not due till mid December and I can be called back to work any time after March, would you go on maternity or go out on your stamps as I don't think I can claim dole between November and December. What would yer advice be

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

decmum wrote: »
    Hi girls just a quick question, I'm in temporary employment and my contract will be finished before November, I'm not due till mid December and I can be called back to work any time after March, would you go on maternity or go out on your stamps as I don't think I can claim dole between November and December. What would yer advice be
    What do you mean by stamps? If you really are looking for work for a month then you are entitled to apply for the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Has anyone got any experience with the TENS maternity unit? Just found it online and we are looking at getting just wondering has anyone any feedback

• Advertisement

Had a dream last night that i was at my due date and hadn't got my hospital bag ready or packed!! Was running around in a panic trying to get it all done. Needless to say that will be done very soon now i think.

Im in the middle of moving back in to my house after being out of it for nearly 12 weeks and my head is all over the place...

The dreaded bag!!! Sure you have lots of time to get it packed or maybe you could start packing one to take your mind off it.. Good luck with moving back in, I am sure it will be loverly to get all settled back to home...

Yeah it's great. We had pyrite so basically got a brand new house back. All new tiles, floors, paint etc and in plenty of time to get settled before baby arrives. Have all the nursery all done up too, it's fab.
    Yeah might get the bag started soon lol.

Pyrite what is that, have never heard of it.. Sounds loverly :)....

Was thinking of the bag alright the last few nights, while attempting to sleep.. I have like a stash of stuff ready to go but not packed might put them in something just incase so they are easy to nab

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Hope everybody is keeping well!! We're nearly in October, the months are flying!!

I've had a horrible few nights of back pain and not sleeping, was really hoping would get longer before this became an issue!

Just wondering if anybody has been to the pregnancy and baby fair in the RDS before?

We need to order our travel system soon as I've heard there can be long enough waiting times, but if there's decent offers to be had at the pregnancy and baby fair I'd like to hold out for that if at all possible!!

Hello hello!!1 :) I'm with you on the not sleeping, tis becoming a pain in the arse. Thank god I'm not working I don't know how the ladies who are working handle it...I got a good few night sleep using the nursing pillow, just positioning it differently but that has worn off...

Just back from the hospital appointment and knackered need 4o winks me thinks.. All good which is great..

Have never gone to the fairs so cant advise on them, id wonder how much you would save if anything on the systems..

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I was at the pregnancy & baby fair before, now granted it was a couple of years ago so it might have changed, but there weren't really any great offers that I came across. I'd priced a lot of the stuff I needed before going to the fair, and a lot of the vendors there hadn't reduced their prices at all, or had only reduced them very slightly.

I was thinking of going to the pregnancy fair but have most things already. Guess its not worth it for the talks/freebies?!

Was thinking the same was mad to go to the baby market one, but sure it would just be browsing now and coming back with stuff we don't need...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I was at the RDS one, and it was shag all in terms of freebies TBH. They were all sample sizes of stuff anyway, like water wipes etc. I think I used the entire sample pack on one exploding poo nappy :pac: The likes of the ones they do in shops like mothercare might be better because there could be discounts on stuff, or possibly vouchers, but in terms of the RDS one, it might be a bit of fun to go for the experience and to maybe get a look at some of the stuff in person, but I'd be slow to buy stuff at it - use it to take notes of stuff you like and then go and see can you get it cheaper online :p

Advertisement