Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Heading to the fair purely cos got free tickets on SMA website (still available) and it being a day out! Thinking it be good to see stuff under one roof. Hoping it will help us make a few decision but don't expect to be buying anything. Will be hitting online for that. We got our buggy 20%off earlier this month in Dublin based retailer but when compared to full price up north.... almost the same. Definitely be taking advantage for rest of our stuff left on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I found the dribblers are excellent value at the baby fair. I bought 12 for €20 or something and it was only recently when I checked what brand they were and looked them up they usually sell in packs of 3 or 4 for €16. Friends of mine got different brands at the fair and said the same thing, they were great value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Has anyone been thinking of names then yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Milly33 wrote: »
    Has anyone been thinking of names then yet!!

Ya but I hate all names! Its going to be so difficult to name this baby! What about you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

lashes34 wrote: »
    Ya but I hate all names! Its going to be so difficult to name this baby! What about you?

This made me laugh out loud. I am due in November and feel like I hate all girl names! They are so difficult. We eventually settled on one because I love the nickname. Thankfully we are having a little boy and I have a definite boy name picked for years, and a very close second for a potential second son if we have one. We love quirky, unusual names that we have never heard of any kids 'locally' called. It's so hard!

• Advertisement

It is very frustrating indeed! So many and it is so true, you don't want to name them after anyone who has been an arse to you or someone who you remember as being annoying.. I had a few definite boys and sure aren't we having a little girl. We have a few ones picked but it keeps coming back to one and I'm like mmmmmmmm I kinda prefer the second name.. So far we have

Emly
    Lilly Tes
    Tes

I love Mis, I know tis odd but tis an old Irish name he says ne though...Kinda like Sally.. Wanted something not so common

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I have to say I didn't realise how many arseholes I've met over the years until we were starting to think of baby names! We've got a few boy names that we like, but when we mentioned them to our 6 year old, he said our favourite was a terrible one! If it's a girl, we've got 2 names but one clear favourite. So now we've just got to wait and hope the baby gives us a look at its little boy/girl bits at the next scan so we know which gender to concentrate on :pac:

I have a good list of girls names I like but none I could settle on now. Boys names are impossible for me.

I'm awake since 4:30, have to work all day and then drive 3 hours to my mams house. Want my bed :(

Oh god!!! Take care Lashes try to get a quick nap in or something before you head off again.. I cant see how ye work with the not sleeping or will I can but still it is so hard, nearly dosed off driving back the other day from the hospital tis quite scary...

I had two boys names id defo go with.. The girls are just so harder, we said sure we will wait and see what she looks like but then would like a few more names lined up too...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

We're the opposite, girls name was easy to decide on, boys name is next to impossible!

We both have very strong feelings on names we don't like, which don't match up, so have to find something in common in the next 13 weeks or so!!

Hope you get a proper nights rest lashes! I think the tiredness has to be the worst part (so far!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Took us 3days to name our son, we had lists but he wasn't on any of them! His name is perfect though so all worked out in the end:)

Sorted for a girls name I think:) boys names gonna cause trouble again, we have a few in the running but have a feeling once baby arrives, if it's a boy I'll be a bit meh about any we have picked so far!!

Hope you manage to get a bit more sleep lashes, not nice being wrecked and not being able to sleep:(

Have my maternity sorted with HR. They've signed off on me carrying 25days hols from this year so if I can steal 2days from 2019 and take the 16wks unpaid I won't be back til Jan 2019!!

Thanks guys, Im just heading to bed now. Roll on 6am wake time if Im lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I just heard about Tens machines. Are they worth buying? Can anyone recommend one? I have been reading up on the Obi one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I just heard about Tens machines. Are they worth buying? Can anyone recommend one? I have been reading up on the Obi one.

I've been wondering the same myself. Was thinking of starting a thread on it this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

bee06 wrote: »
    I've been wondering the same myself. Was thinking of starting a thread on it this morning!

Great minds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

Hi

Slightly off topic but I just wanted to see if anyone knows the recommended GP/hospital visit schedule for combined care? I'm 28 weeks this week and just want to ensure I have the next 12 weeks mapped out with the correct appointments.

thanks in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Hi

Slightly off topic but I just wanted to see if anyone knows the recommended GP/hospital visit schedule for combined care? I'm 28 weeks this week and just want to ensure I have the next 12 weeks mapped out with the correct appointments.

thanks in advance!

I took this pic in my GP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

That's great, thanks so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Just had my GP appt today. Im 30 weeks this Friday. Then back with my consultant in another 2 weeks or so.

Got my Whooping Cough vaccine today. Got him to take bloods too as this breathlessness is really bothering me now. Just to rule out low Iron etc. I haven't had any bloods done since my week 12 heck up, so no harm.

Back next week for the Flu jab as he said might be best to do them separately.

Feeling quite tired lately and stressed but this is really all down to my house move and trying to get everything sorted. Haven't stopped the last few weeks.
    Hoping to get my maternity benefit form off this week and start getting my hospital bag ready too.

I know a friend used the Tens machine and said it was great, that it really helped with the pain before hand...

Still trying to decide on the flu jab would be due it soon too, but I just don't like it for some reason... Himself wants me to get it and I said I would if it really meant that much to him but we shall see... My feet are huge this week, have had a busy few days and standing a lot and it seems to have taken its toll.. Belly has one massive all of a sudden too!.. Cant wait for the next 2 months.. Nearly there now

• Advertisement

I got my flu and whooping cough vaccine on Friday. I normally wouldn't get the flu vaccine when I'm not preggers but I'd prefer to be safe than sorry now. Whooping cough is the more important one though as the immunisation transfers over to the baby before they can get their first shots at 2 months.

Gona have to do some research on the Flu one again... Herself is getting so strong now the kicks are really becoming stronger.. Was in stitches last night, gona to miss them...

My favourite ones are when it feels like the baby is dancing in there!

Yes like a little Jig!! Youd love to be able to see what they are up to :)
    What are all the due dates here there, we are the 11th but at the start it was said the 3rd.. I have a feeling twill be the last week of Nov

I'm the 19th but I'd say it will be 24th or 25th by the time I go in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I'm the 15th.

I have my 30 week GP appointment today and will be getting the whopping cough vaccine, got the flu one two weeks ago. No side effects bar a dead arm for 4 days.

Im due 13th, asked GP about when they were likely to bring me in if I go over and she said its usually 10 days which would bring me to the 23rd but as thats the weekend it wont be then, wont be the 25th as its obviously Christmas Day so she said it would likely be the 20th which I am happy with, good to have it over with and home hopefully by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Hi All, has anyone done an active birth workshop? Its not the gentlbirthingv workshops. Friend just recommend one. Just wondering what people's experiences are, if any!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

I'll be getting the flu and whopping cough vaccine next week. I've had the flu once in my life and it was the worst 3 weeks imaginable, I just couldn't go through that pregnant or with a small baby.

Has anybody just not thought about the whole giving birth part? I haven't and every time I start looking in to it and all the different classes, approaches, pain relief etc I become totally overwhelmed!

• Advertisement

figrolls wrote: »
    Has anybody just not thought about the whole giving birth part? I haven't and every time I start looking in to it and all the different classes, approaches, pain relief etc I become totally overwhelmed!

I have a mental block with the whole thing, I guess my antenatal classes will open my eyes a bit but I think I am in denial about having to do it!

Advertisement