Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

lashes34 wrote: »
    I have a mental block with the whole thing, I guess my antenatal classes will open my eyes a bit but I think I am in denial about having to do it!

Glad its not just me so!!

My mentality at the moment is kind of 'well it has to come out one way or another, not much I can do about it in advance'!

Probably very naive of me but better than worrying about something I'm not going to be able to control!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Exactly!

Some people have asked am I nervous about the birth and I am if I think of it but I just say baby has to come out, I cant control how it all happens so there is no point worrying.

Baby was breach at 28 weeks so will be interesting to see if any changes today at 30 weeks. Read somewhere that people were saying they shouldnt tell you if breach that early as women spend weeks worrying about having a section. That cant be true? The baby can turn so many times a day/week and no issue until 35 weeks so dont see the point in dwelling on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Wow some dates so close to Christmas! I hope they are out before the big day :) I know sound silly but then at least ye can relax a little bit and not be on edge..

Thought about the birth started getting freaked out about it, more for my regions though I'm terrified it wont go back to normal :( that scares me more than giving birth... Havent booked any antenatal classes yet and to be honest I don't think we are going to t this stage, would have jumped at it if there as a class both could attend but if not tis grand.. All the books tend to give you so much information and that kinda thinking sure well be grand... What did they do years ago...

Going to go through things now with himself and maybe do up a chart of something like saying this is when we need to ring the docs to go in?
    Also the feeding pattern, my sis gave me a copy o the Contented Baby and I must say it is great, for a feeding routine. I found it very hard to try and get a god one in all the books there and one that includes a bottle feed (god forbid like that you would bottle feed joke of course) but it is very good...

What is the gentle birth ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Exactly!

Some people have asked am I nervous about the birth and I am if I think of it but I just say baby has to come out, I cant control how it all happens so there is no point worrying.

Baby was breach at 28 weeks so will be interesting to see if any changes today at 30 weeks. Read somewhere that people were saying they shouldnt tell you if breach that early as women spend weeks worrying about having a section. That cant be true? The baby can turn so many times a day/week and no issue until 35 weeks so dont see the point in dwelling on it.

I have the same mindset. There are so many things that could happen, none of which I can control ... no point in stressing about it now.

I think with the breech thing some doctors/midwives don't explain it fully which leaves women stressing about it. I was at the doctor Friday and she said the baby was transverse but it was nothing to worry about the the reasons you explained. But if she didn't explain it and I hadn't researched everything to the nth degree I can imagine it would be worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hello has anyone had the glucose test for gestational diabetes? The hospital at 12weeks said I was low risk as no major risk factors then was at the doc today getting the whooping cough vaccine and she said had I got the test abs to ask at the hospital is it not too late to get it done now??

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm due at the end of Jan and my test is at the start of November, but I have risk factors. Was there high glucose in your urine at your appointment?

I had mine at 28 weeks, my only risk factor was I am over 30. Think most hospitals is if you are over 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

geez wrote: »
    Hello has anyone had the glucose test for gestational diabetes? The hospital at 12weeks said I was low risk as no major risk factors then was at the doc today getting the whooping cough vaccine and she said had I got the test abs to ask at the hospital is it not too late to get it done now??

It is never too late to test as if you had it you would want it under control ASAP to avoid complications. There was a girl in my diabetes lifestyle class that was diagnosed at 33 weeks (her baby was measuring at 38 weeks!).

I had mine on Friday. I'm high risk because I have PCOS. I got the impression I wouldn't have had it otherwise. What hospital are you with geez?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Funnily enough Im due 13th also lashes and was also told the baby was breech at 28 weeks but at my 30 week today with GP nurse she said it's turned now into the right position. They've space and time to move yet alright, going it doesnt decide to somersault in the meantime, though chances are I'll sectioned so I guess it so it matter if that happens.

• Advertisement

Mine is still breach!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anyone else feeling nauseous again? I haven't felt it since around week 13, but it's back again, not too bad but can feel it a bit.

Arm is quite sore and bruised from the Whooping Cough vaccine i got on Monday. Back for Flu next week. Think ill tell him to do the other arm for that.

andreac wrote: »
    Anyone else feeling nauseous again? I haven't felt it since around week 13, but it's back again, not too bad but can feel it a bit.

Arm is quite sore and bruised from the Whooping Cough vaccine i got on Monday. Back for Flu next week. Think ill tell him to do the other arm for that.

My arm was very sore from the Whooping Cough as well. Got it Friday and was only feeling better by Monday evening. Flu wasn't as bad (in the other arm). Was only sore til Saturday morning.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I found the arm that I got the whooping cough in was way more sore than the flu one. I think generally they'll do them in different arms, because seemingly that way if you have a reaction to one, they can tell which one it is. They'll keep a note of which is administered into which arm - I had both done at once and the flu arm was grand after about 24 hours. Whooping cough arm had swelling and tenderness for about 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Mine is still breach!

Hopefully it'll turn soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

The nurse said my urine was clear just found it a bit odd that she brought it up at this point when the hospital had said I don't have risk factors. Will mention it at my appt next week I'm attending kerry general. No harm in having it done maybe I'm just reading into things and getting anxious at this stage of pregnancy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

worth having a read of this ladies. The age criteria for the GTT test has since been altered from 40-35. Interestingly in the UK they don't factor age in risk factor.

https://42weeks.ie/2013/10/16/the-glucose-tolerance-test-gtt/

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Hi Ladies just spotted this. Now know der loads of different types of nests and cocoons, sure they all don't have same risk factors. Just surprised cos I had heard nothing but good things about these types of products. Think I'll be staying away just to be on safe side.

http://evoke.ie/life-style/family/baby-sleep-positioners-pulledfrom-stores-after-12-deaths

Saw that link on a fb page im on yesterday. I think someone was going to get us the Cocoonababy as a present, but might not be such a good idea now?

Anyone going to the Pregnancy & Baby Fair tomorrow?

Going to pop out for a couple of hours for a nosy. I got free tickets so not going to cost anything, plus there's a talk on the main stage id like to go to about introducing your dogs to the baby etc and as we have 4 dogs i think it would be very beneficial to us.

• Advertisement

I'm going to head along to baby fair tomorrow, got the free tickets also.

They have a sleeping expert so want to attend that. Might suss out few exhibitor's on where they stand on the baby nest thing that FDA had issued warnings on. After that I'm not expecting too much except some retail temptation!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Himself was looking at the cocoon and nests too, but again with most things just seems like another gimmick.. Reading up more on things the more you do to try and prevent, ends up being the worst thing you can do..

A tip for any pet owners, tried and tested by a good few friends. Was to get Dad to bring home one of the baby grows from the hospital to let the dogs or animals sniff. So they can get used to the smell of the new baby... When baby arrives home then it isn't quite a shock to them as they already have the scent...

Hi All,

Hit up the baby fair yesterday. Good talks from sleeping expert and parent first aid amoung others. Only negative was only 30 seats, so get to area about ten minutes before to avoid standing.

Lot's and lot's of buggies. Good for decided on a buggy but don't value particularly there, iCandy were offering 5% where you definitely get better deals in-store.

Not too much nursery furniture. We picked up few necessary item like good quality bibs (6 for €10), box of waterwipes (€20)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Excited93

Hi everyone! Better late than never! Didn't realise this was here until my other half told me about it! I'm 31 weeks! Due on December 10th. Single digit weeks left now!! been the longest few months of my life but it'll all be worth it!! Having a little boy! Unplanned first baby but sure sometimes the best things in life are unplanned. Might be nice to have others going through the same thing. Anyone else's hips and pubic bone sore all of a sudden? Had bad cramps yesterday but I'm guessing it's all from baby just getting bigger. I think I got the whooping cough vaccine when I was young.. do I need to get it again while I'm pregnant? Here is the first I've kind of heard about it???

Hi Excited and welcome. I would say you do need to get it again. There is a lot of it going around at the moment seemingly so def check with your Doctor. You should be getting it around now. Don't leave it too much longer as you need to get it few weeks before you are due to have immunity for you and your baby.

I got mine last week and im due the 15th December. Getting the Flu jab today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Excited93

Hi Excited and welcome. I would say you do need to get it again. There is a lot of it going around at the moment seemingly so def check with your Doctor. You should be getting it around now. Don't leave it too much longer as you need to get it few weeks before you are due to have immunity for you and your baby.

I got mine last week and im due the 15th December. Getting the Flu jab today.

Ok! Better ring my GP so! Glad I joined here now! Strange no doctor has said this to me by now!! Do they stagger the flu and WC vaccine or could you get them on the same day but in different arms I wonder?

Excited93 wrote: »
    Ok! Better ring my GP so! Glad I joined here now! Strange no doctor has said this to me by now!! Do they stagger the flu and WC vaccine or could you get them on the same day but in different arms I wonder?

As far as i know you can get them on the same day, lots of people have. My GP said he would just stagger them. Going to get it in the other arm though as mine is still sore from WC one last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

I'm looking ahead to the next few weeks of appointments and timing of them (due on Christmas Day) and I was just wondering if anyone knows how the appointments will be scheduled over Christmas in Holles Street?

At that stage I will going between GP and Holles Street weekly so with a skeleton staff at Christmas time I was just wondering if there is likely to be any change to the clinics and the day I normally go?

Excited93 wrote: »

I got them in the same day. You definitely need to get it. Even if you get it now you would need to get it again for your next pregnancy to be sure the immunity passes to the baby.

On your hip pain it could be your hip flexors. I do pregnancy Pilates and our teacher was explaining that in pregnancy your pelvis tilts differently to keep you balanced which shortens your hip flexors and can cause pain. I'd definitely recommend pregnancy Pilates to anyone. I started it around 24 weeks and had started getting hip pain and since I started I haven't gotten any more pain in my hips, legs etc. 30 weeks tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Just got my Flu jab. Was grand. She was saying it's the Tetanus in the Whooping Cough one that makes your arm quite sore.

Advertisement