Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Milly33 wrote: »
    Had a bit of a weird thing happen last night, might call to GP today. I am putting it down to not sleeping well and needing to eat. But coming back in the car last night from a bit of shopping I swear twas like all the names in my head and people did not match.. Himself said it looked like the time I had tried weed and got freaked out.. Anywho could not remember my friends husbands name and family members. Got home them and went to change and my left hand starting from thumb went number one at a time to the baby finger. Got a little headache then.. Had a bite to eat and all went back to normal.. Very very weird that's all I can say

I had something incredibly similar happen to me last week!! Very weird and a little scary! I'll pm you....

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

Had a bit of a weird thing happen last night, might call to GP today. I am putting it down to not sleeping well and needing to eat. But coming back in the car last night from a bit of shopping I swear twas like all the names in my head and people did not match.. Himself said it looked like the time I had tried weed and got freaked out.. Anywho could not remember my friends husbands name and family members. Got home them and went to change and my left hand starting from thumb went number one at a time to the baby finger. Got a little headache then.. Had a bite to eat and all went back to normal.. Very very weird that's all I can say

I had something incredibly similar happen to me last week!! Very weird and a little scary! I'll pm you....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skullsocks

How is everyone feeling about their baby's movements? I am driven to distraction worrying that they are not enough. Consultant said if you feel concerned ring or come in but I would have been in 20 times by now if I followed that advice. Consultant also said there is no point counting (the 10 in hour thing) as it doesn't tell you whether baby is Ok, it's more movement throughout the day. Baby seems to have hyper and quiet days so I have no clue what's 'normal. Where ye given any good advice on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Didnt get to see the bits Milly, just the features look like a boy more than a girl but thats not exactly scientific! Hows your head since? That sounds scary.
    skullsocks wrote: »
    How is everyone feeling about their baby's movements?

Im torn on this as well. I have been counting since 25 weeks 9am-9pm every day since I went in with reduced movements. The amount vary from 15-44 in the 12 hours. I could have gone back loads of times in the last 6 weeks on the quiet days but didnt as I dont want to be crazy about it but hate not to go in if there is something wrong.

Im going to print off my count chart and ask the midwife if anything looks off on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My doctor said it should be around a min of 10-15 movements an hour but not to get too obsessed over it. I was a bit worried on Friday because it seemed like there was very little movement but I was at a wedding so running around all morning and then distracted at the wedding. I assume the baby's have to sleep at times as well and would be quiet then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

They do, I think they say it's what's normal for your baby that counts, but that said, they definitely have quiet days.
    It's so hard to know, I get very paranoid about it late in pregnancy.I tend to poke at the bump a lot to try and get movement....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Got your PM littlebsci just replied there to you. Very odd stuff indeed.. Sorry to hear you had the same,as if we didn't have enough on our plates.. All good so far feel fine but going go to the GP tomorrow to be sure, to be sure..

I haven't started the kick count but quite happy with the movements. She pretty much makes a move on the hours and lots of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

bee06 wrote: »
    My doctor said it should be around a min of 10-15 movements an hour but not to get too obsessed over it. I was a bit worried on Friday because it seemed like there was very little movement but I was at a wedding so running around all morning and then distracted at the wedding. I assume the baby's have to sleep at times as well and would be quiet then?

I really don't think that's right? I'm sure I have an hour or 2 a day with 10-15movements, prob 2/3 sets of very active movement but then of course their are hours when I'm asleep or baby is asleep and there's none. I find a hot cup of tea or cold fizzy drink wakes baby up!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Haha my mum did actually offer me some from my nan but said no.. Ill do the giant granny pants as I don't mind throwing them away.. Tis the nighttime always pads like your link toots that I have.. Thought they were great for your normal period at night time or from travelling so had a few... Will check tescos for the others...

I had a weird thing happen months ago also. It was like my whole brain vibrated in my head for about 5 seconds...it wasn't dizziness or the likes, more like a fuzzy vibration through my whole skull (google made it sound like a 'brain zap' brought on by anxiety!). Told consultant and he had no answers and just said go to A&E if anything like that happens again and it frightens me. These things are not pleasant alright, scary really especially when the Dr has no explanation or reassurance.

Scary indeed, hope you are ok now... I was calling it a brain fart!.. Just weird.. But then the whole body is going through so much something must have to give and in fairness you are (even if you are the most chilled out person)your mind is going all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if different sections opened up in the mind when pregnant

• Advertisement

How's everyone getting on with the storm? I hope no-one had to go to work today.

Our power went off about an hour ago ... the boredom is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I went in to work but was sent home.

My hospital appt was cancelled today. Moved to Wed now. Was supposed to have a tooth out today as well and that has been cancelled too.

You could pack your bag or make up lists of things to do!! In Loughrea and it is fine so far.. There is a weird climate here anywho so the bit of wind and rain makes no odds, took in the swingball just incase though

I was at work 8-1030 but home now. What county are you in bee? Still have power in East Galway for now. Everything is charging and downloading some bits to the iPad for later. Hubby stuck at work and possibly overnight depending on how bad it gets so its just me and the dogs for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

There's a few of us in East Galway/Loughrea side :) (I'm in November thread but close enough!) Wind and rain picking up here now.

There's a few of us in East Galway/Loughrea side :) (I'm in November thread but close enough!) Wind and rain picking up here now.

I rang that place you recommended for pregnancy massage in Loughrea and they are booked for 6 weeks! Made an appointment but I will be 37 weeks at that stage. Was hoping to get a massage sooner but wary of going to someone not properly trained.

lashes34 wrote: »
    I rang that place you recommended for pregnancy massage in Loughrea and they are booked for 6 weeks! Made an appointment but I will be 37 weeks at that stage. Was hoping to get a massage sooner but wary of going to someone not properly trained.

She's very busy these days, word keeps spreading about how great she is! If you get on cancellation list and explain you're pregnant and in pain as opposed to just wanting a nice massage she'll bear that in mind and fit you in sooner if she can. My husband had an appt for two weeks time made since September and he donated it to me thankfully!

I'm in Cork Lashes.

I packed my bag this morning Milly. Well, with the stuff I had bought. Still have some stuff to get. The lists have been made since I was about 12 weeks I'd say. I'm a bit list obsessed in general.

Cant beat a good list!! From my other home then :) bee06 just off the phone to Dad he said tis getting a bit of a battering down there, is Turners Cross stadium after getting hit? Still not the worst here from what I can see...

I cant wait to get into Boots to get the final few bits and pieces to complete all. I picked up some of the moo goo stuff which cost a pretty penny but there is a lot there..

Who is this massage lady then? would love to get one done it has been too long.. I got a lovely leg one in September in Slio for a treat and it was heaven...

Yeah, the roof of one of the stands was taken off apparently as well as the roof of the gym in Douglas Comm. Loads of trees down everywhere and apparently the electricity won't be back until tomorrow at the earliest.

• Advertisement

She's Vachn at The Sanctuary Centre, she's amazing. However I do also highly recommend Cherisse Gavin osteopath in Ballinasloe, she fixed my sciatic/pelvic pain at 24 weeks, 35+2 now and still pain free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well i made a proper start on my hospital bag last night. Was making up the little bags with the outfits etc.

People were saying its handy to put an outfit in to a ziplock bag so it's handy to pull out in one go, so i made up an outfit for just after delivery, then going home one and then one or 2 others as well. Along with a bag of baby grows and vests as spare.

I need to finish the buying for the bags but laid up with my back and it's making it impossible to get out for any decent length of time to complete the lists, very frustrating but I guess I'll havta make it happen somehow, those bags need to be packed.

Can I ask what are you ladies using as hospital bags - like what kind of size bag is reasonable...overnight/weekend bag, 10kg case etc? I know slippers and dressing gowns are bulky but I'm wary of landing in with too much stuff/luggage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Can I ask what are you ladies using as hospital bags - like what kind of size bag is reasonable...overnight/weekend bag, 10kg case etc? I know slippers and dressing gowns are bulky but I'm wary of landing in with too much stuff/luggage...

I wouldn't bring a heavy dressing gown at all, hospitals are roasting. I packed a light satin dressing gown but having recently stayed in hospital, I know I won't use it but it might be handy to have. I have an overnight bag for me, hold-all for baby and a smaller hold-all for labour (the other bags will stay in the car til I move to the ward).

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

I feel bad now, I literally bought size 1 nappies and breast pads at the weekend, have nothing else... can't ya tell this is no2!!! May start washing to see what I have clothes wise that's reusable, not finding out the sex so no point buying much more than a couple babygrows!

People were asking about a tens machine, I have an Elle tens one (actually selling it cos I'm having a section so won't be used), I found it good, it's a nice distraction if nothing else!

I just packed a nice warm cardi instead of a nightgown, took note of people saying the hospitals were very warm. You could do some online shopping justwhatithink, take the ordeal out of it.. Sam Macs have a good service nine times out of ten...

I packed a small suitcase that we normally bring on board flights and then a back pack that was it.. I saw a few ladies arriving when I was in for apps and they all seemed to have the same thing. One lady did have a lot of bags but looked like more it was shopping left in bags..

Went with this list to help with the packing in the end https://www.mummypages.ie/tools/packing-your-hospital-bag I hope tis true now. Not bringing it all like the hairdryer and laptops and that but the basic..

Thanks spotty shall take a look into this lady, cant beat a good massage..

Thanks folks, that's a good point about the dressing gown, I hate being too warm especially in bed, think a cardi is a good call. If I got 2 decent/productive hours in the shops I think I'd be done with the bags shopping so I'm nearly there, it all just has to happen in short trips. But I will have a look at Sam Macs though, thanks. I have some small wheelie cases and a decent sized back pack, think I'll go with them.

Another few questions for those of you in the know, if you don't mind;
    when they say 'big' knickers would going up a size be big enough in full briefs?

And I'm a bit confused about baby grows vs. sleep suits...I see very little items labelled as 'baby grows' and mainly see 'sleep suits'...e.g. http://m.dunnesstores.com/unisex-tonal-sleepsuits---pack-of-3/baby-sleepsuits/dunnesstores/fcp-product/6420608?colour=white Are these the same thing i.e. are these baby grows? They look like baby grows to me!

I just bought underwear a size up last time and full brief rather than minis I normally get. They were perfect.

And yep sleepsuits and babygros are the same thing :)

I just bought underwear a size up last time and full brief rather than minis I normally get. They were perfect.

And yep sleepsuits and babygros are the same thing :)

Brilliant, thanks a mill. Clears things up...why cant they just leave them as baby grows, don't we have enough things to figure out. Discovered they're now calling vests body suits too, I think it's all a ploy to confuse us and make us buy more :-0

• Advertisement

Haha think it is just times changing... I was chatting to someone and to me a Carry tot is what is now called the maxi cozi (even without the name brand) and then I showed them the bassinet for the buggy and they said ah that's the carry tot!! Nothing ever stays the same...

Advertisement