Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I suppose carry tot/carrycot and bassinet are very similar too, to me a bassinet, carrycot and moses basket would all be almost the same thing but the carrycot is the one that goes on the buggy :) The maxi cosi is just the car seat yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

To me we used to call the carrytot the small car seat that fits into the buggy and the car. The one you use for around 6 months (lets say these http://www.adverts.ie/travel-accessories/carry-tot/4401968)

And then a bassinet is the longer one where they lie flat down (like the old style ones that have come back into fashion)

so bored this evening trying to think of things to do but stuck in a rut me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

She's very busy these days, word keeps spreading about how great she is! If you get on cancellation list and explain you're pregnant and in pain as opposed to just wanting a nice massage she'll bear that in mind and fit you in sooner if she can. My husband had an appt for two weeks time made since September and he donated it to me thankfully!

They actually rang me yesterday with a cancellation for two weeks times but I am at a wedding so no good :(

I have the bags packed for the labour ward and one for after for the baby but still need to get mine done. Think I have most things for it so must have a look tonight and get that done. Cant believe Im 32 weeks now. Its flying. Have my final antenatal class this afternoon along with midwife appointment before it.

Best of luck with the antenatal class I hope you enjoy.. We ended up booking the doula, she is here for a one on one with us on the 4th...

Do they give you a gown when you are giving birth or do you wear your own PJs! Could not sleep last night due to sick dog, and not sleepy so ended up watching lots of "One born every minute" was laughing all the ladies were getting dolled up before the c sections doing their nails etc. I thought you were suppose to be nail polish free

You usually wear your own top/nightdress unless being prepped for section or unless I assume you are admitted quickly without your bags.

• Advertisement

great stuff that's what I had in my head, but see different things here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is anyone feeling a lot of pressure down below? This is coming from a male but my girlfriend has been saying she is feeling pressure down there the last few days we are unsure what it might be it could be simple we have an antenatal check tomorrow so will mention it then too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Baby could have moved down.
    My second baby was so low for the last two months, she was practically on her way out 🙄She still went way overdue before finally deciding to make her arrival.I stopped noticing the pressure, but when she was out, the relief was instant, it was amazing!
    They usually tell you to put on your nightdress or whatever when you are admitted.I have vague memories of that.I think if it was a c-section you'd probably be given a gown?Not sure.

It's the weight of the baby, simple.

called to the GP today about the episode, so all good she doesn't seem too concerned.. Checked heart beat and all is well, she is still head down.. Blood pressure was low alright but feeling fairly tired today so that could all be that..

How is everyones GPs? My first one I asked could I change as I felt horrible after going to see her the first time, got a new one and she is loverly but you kinda feel like they are really just going through the motions and nothing else...

• Advertisement

Baby is breech again so am booked in with the consultant for 35 weeks to confirm and book section if thats the way its going.

Millie you are UCHG as well arent you? Do you want me to send you a copy of the handouts we got at the classes so you have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh no lashes. But could it still turn between now and Then?

I had hospital appt yest and mine is head down so all good.

Just got confirmation of my maternity benefit application today. Only sent it off about 2 weeks ago. So that was quick.

Ya Andrea, can still turn, it was head down last Friday so could still get back down. They think it will.

I still havent heard anything about the benefit, need to ring them. Its been about 6 weeks Id say at this stage.

Edit, I applied on 5th Sept. Rang and she wouldnt comment on my case specifically as queries have to go online but she said I should receive a letter in the next week as they are working on leave dates around my date at the minute.

Hi Lashes oh I hope he turns for you now, still lots of time.. either way I hope it works the way you want it to..

Oh thank you for the offer, very kind but I should be ok id say the doula said she would bring a few bits... I am made clearing stuff at the moment as I just want space...I'm allergic to things just not fitting in perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Girls, I'm fit to crack up. No electricity since Monday and no end in sight either.

Still waiting! Have they given you any idea when it will be back? Maybe tis time to take up knitting

No, the website keeps changing. It was last night, then tomorrow night and now it's either Saturday or Tuesday night. The not knowing is the worst bit. At least if I had a definite date I'd know when it was going to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Oh god bee06 that's awful, we got our power back yesterday and that felt a long wait:(

On the gowns, if it's natural birth you wear your own pjs/dressing gown. I ended up being an emergency caesarean so changed into a hopsital gown when the decision was made if that helps!

Dose, hopefully it will be back by the weekend. Do you have anywhere else you could go for a few days or anything

Yeah, we're going to go to the in laws for the weekend alright. All my family live in the same area so no-one has any power!

• Advertisement

typical and when ye arrive the power will prob come back.. Fingers crossed for you...

Thanks to on the PJs

The power is back! I'm soooo happy :D

Delighted for you bee, and just in time for Brian to arrive and mess it all up again!

I ordered a TENS machine from Amazon last week and it arrived yesterday. Hoping it will help during the early stages at home.

Thanks Lashes! That's exactly what I was thinking.

I must order that Tens machine as well. Thanks for the reminder!

Yeah congrats Bee!! Happy Friday

Awake since 3:30, up at 6:30 for work :(

Again you deserve a medal to be working, with this non sleeping malarkey.. I was just about to moan but at least I'm not working..

I am going to moan too sorry :) I had just got into a nice well two days maybe of sleeping not so bad, and then we got a fecking mouse in the room.. While they don't bother me that much I understand, but why could he not have gone into one of the other rooms. Didn't sleep id say until around 7 this morning, up late and sure the weather is crap too..

Plus side no show of the mouse last night, and well the house is tidy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

When are all you ladies finishing up work? Im officially due to finish the 1st December but don't think ill make it to then.

Im sleeping ok but sometimes it's quite broken. Even though ive been off the last 4 days, im still tired today. In with my GP next week so think im going to ask about finishing up a bit earlier and see what he says.

I'm finishing on the 24th November. Literally counting the days at this stage! That will give me 3 weeks off before my due date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

My girlfriend is finishing the end of next week as she has 2 weeks holidays to take she is starting to struggle as it involves a fair bit of walking around so back and feet are feeling the brunt of it

Advertisement