Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Im just being a moan Milly :p

Im due to finish the 1st December same as you Andrea but I will see how I am in a few weeks. If I need to get signed off earlier then I will. Struggling a lot with Pelvic Girdle Pain the last two weeks. I used to go for a 15 min walk every day instead of a tea break and havent been able to do the full loop the last few weeks with the pain.

Its just a lot more of a struggle to move around lately!

I think I would crack up though at home, I struggle on sick days to take it easy, couldnt do that for weeks before baby comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

lashes34 wrote: »

I think I would crack up though at home, I struggle on sick days to take it easy, couldnt do that for weeks before baby comes.

(In from the November thread- due in 4 weeks)

I thought the same but you would be surprised at how your day fills up. I am off since I had a bleed 4 weeks ago and I feel like I haven't had a minute. Doing lots of batch cooking, organising the baby gear, visiting people etc. The appointments increase towards the end too and then you have the antenatal classes to factor in (if its your first). I haven't started the frantic nesting either so that will be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh I cracked up ages ago!! haha.. If it wasn't for sorting out the house as we moved into the area and making things to sow, id be licking the walls...

Nearly there so for work ladies, I hope ye get to truly relax now when ye do get off...

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

I agree with LoveInApril, you'd be surprised how you can pass the days. I've been signed off the past month, have had terrible tailbone and upper back pain since week 14 that even nerve block injections failed to make any improvement to. I pushed on through it for months in pain as I was fearful of cracking up at home but realised a few weeks ago I couldn't keep doing it. Now I can't understand why I did that to myself for so long.
    I sleep so poorly at night being off work allows for catch up with sleep ins/snoozes during the day - you need to look after yourself, not long to go so I wouldn't be a martyr at this stage, if you're in pain when at work it's not going to do you any good only tire you out even more.
    I plan one thing to do every day that gets me made up & dressed and out of the house for half an hour eg groceries, baby buys, GP visits, post office etc. and have managed to stay fairly sane so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Got this tooth out this evening. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but still got myself worked up in a state and all upset when I went in.
    I was numbed up so much that it still hasn't worn off and I can't eat or drink really until it does and I was in at 5 to get it done.
    Might be able to manage some weetabix before bed if it wears off in time.

• Advertisement

Oh ladies where is the best place to get reasonable bed clothes for cot beds, cribs and Moses baskets? Need to get some for each but don't want to spend a fortune on them.
    Do the likes of dunnes and Penneys stock them or do I need to go to Mothercare, mama's and papas etc?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

andreac wrote: »
    Oh ladies where is the best place to get reasonable bed clothes for cot beds, cribs and Moses baskets? Need to get some for each but don't want to spend a fortune on them.
    Do the likes of dunnes and Penneys stock them or do I need to go to Mothercare, mama's and papas etc?

Guineys in Dublin city centre were super cheap for moses basket sheets when I was having my first baby. The hubby went in and came out with loads for next to nothing. They actually sell stuff online now http://guineys.ie/baby-nursery/the-nursery/sheets-blankets.html

For cot bed sheets, IKEA are cheap, and I think they do crib sheets too.

I found Dunnes, fairly rubbish for the sheets..

Pennys have a great selection for both, and their burp cloths are great value...

I wish there was a Guinneys in Galway tis such a great shop, they do great bits and pieces..

Aldi had cot bed sheets if they were any good to you also, it was a while back but they still have them in some stores

Hope you are ok after the tooth!! Maybe some hot choco or some soup or noodles might be good.. I didn't think you could get the injection when pregnant.. Want to go get my cleaned as I have been eating so much sugar but dread it

For anyone interested have never gone to one, but there is a Baby Market in Galway on the 5th of November Bubbly Baby Market

Thanks ladies. Will check those out.

Yeah it's very safe getting dental work done so no issues there. Just not nice to go through it when you get all worked up. Thought I was going to have a panic attack at one stage I got myself all upset. But managed to calm myself down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Blndbby

Hi Ladies, I'm over from the July thread ! I got sheets in Dunnes for our moses basket & for the crib I got ones in Tony kealys. All great quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hello ladies!!
    I have a stupid question for you.. I'm slowly gathering bits & pieces for my hospital bag.. Do you think i should just pack newborn stuff or should throw in a few 0-1 month items? There doesn't seem to be much of a difference..

Hello ladies!!
    I have a stupid question for you.. I'm slowly gathering bits & pieces for my hospital bag.. Do you think i should just pack newborn stuff or should throw in a few 0-1 month items? There doesn't seem to be much of a difference..

Im going for mainly newborn. But think ill do up a little bag with the next size up and leave some spares in a bag at home as well then if i need more.
    Unless your baby is overly big id say the newborn will be fine.

I packed the newborn stuff for the first outfit, and the vests. The rest then it is either newborn or 0 + a kinda bit of both...

You should do something nice next week The real mccoy 91, for both of ye!! Are you going to be able to take time off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Milly33 wrote: »
    I packed the newborn stuff for the first outfit, and the vests. The rest then it is either newborn or 0 + a kinda bit of both...

You should do something nice next week The real mccoy 91, for both of ye!! Are you going to be able to take time off

We have a night booked in the seafield hotel so plan on getting her some treatments etc and the bit of a break will be nice

We have a night booked in the seafield hotel so plan on getting her some treatments etc and the bit of a break will be nice

Oh we are down there in November :) I got the most amazing pregnancy treatment down there the last time. It was fab. Def going to get it again.

Sounds like a great treat. Oh she will love it... I got a leg massage when we stayed in Sligo and oh twas heaven...

Looking forward to the hospital app now tom, we have the hospital tour first thing so it will be nice to see the ward and all that goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

I was in Seafield a few weeks ago too, they do a few nice preg treatments alright. Even just to use the pool to take weight off is good. Can't use the heated outdoor pool obviously but the indoor pool is quite restful...I'd recommend going down to use it around sunset time, it's lovely with the candle lanterns lit up around it, adds to the relaxation.

Just a tip on your room, if you haven't been there before, we found the room sweltering hot, for me I couldn't handle that at all, felt like I couldn't breath in it and was panicking we'd have to leave (it was that hot!). The heater is on pre-set timers that we couldn't alter but my husband found a switch on the underneath of the heater where you can completely switch it off if you need too. It's not obvious unless you go looking for it.

Girls we are going away this weekend, Im 33 weeks and its a 4 hours drive from home/our own hospital. Do I bring everything just in case? I have the baby bags packed but not my own. Dont even have everything for mine so do I bring what I have just to be safe? Then what about the carseat?! Although if the baby came now I imagine it'd be a few weeks in hospital anyway.

I cant believe its only 7 weeks to due date, its gone so fast. 6 weeks to when they bring me in if baby stays breech. This is getting scary :o

Lashes id say you would be ok without the bag, but if it puts you at ease you could throw something in.

Yeah it's getting so close now.

Enjoy your weekend :-)

• Advertisement

So so tired, long morning at the hospital but so worth it.. The tour of UHG went great. Met with Carmel and Mary then showed us around.. Really lovely lady and for the first time really himself felt very included in it all and was able to ask any questions he wanted and get the answers. Felt really nice to have him included.. Didn't sleep a wink last night so fit for sleep now, but anywho the tour is well worth it..

I was a little ahhh man this is really going to happen when she took us into the labour ward and showed us the room but sure, it is going to happen..

She was saying really for the 1st baby that 37 weeks is time to stop any travelling etc, so maybe Lashes you'll be grand but then tis good to feel prepared also. Id say he would have plenty of time to run back to the house to get your bags if you needed them later..Same goes for car seat, I wouldn't worry about that..

We asked about how long to stay and that so tis 2 days for a normal delivery, if not one if you feel well enough and 3 - 4days for c section delivery.. Very fast, I thought it was 3 days for normal delivery and then a week..

Very fast approaching now, and very exciting its like the last leg of the journey.. I was very surprised to learn that nearly 60% of women go for the epidural, I thought it was a lot less..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Trust me Milly, you won't want to stay there any longer than necessary, there is no peace on a busy ward with crying babies and snoring women! I was in a week before birth and a week after, wouldn't wish it on an enemy.

Oh dear, really!! I think tis perfect timing would be anxious to get home to the comforts, I just thought the stay was longer.. Is say they could not keep people very long there as there isn't enough room... I forgot to ask her how many beds are in the ward after..

Has anyone taken advantage of the bath!! I wasn't too gone on the idea but then she was saying it can be a great help and to just keep it in mind.. I am still seeing it with bubbles and candles around it, but open to it more now after seeing it.. Would love a bath that size at home..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

The beds afterwards just kill me.....within 24 hours I am dying for my own soft bed and not one that has a head that tips up so you end up sitting right on the bits of you that are a bit battered.....😱

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

What's the general consensus on baby monitors any we should be looking at more seriously or looking to avoid?

Sure they could not make them too comfy incase you would stay longer..

I found Which online great for reviews for monitors and all that.. I have seen these ones are very popular https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/monitors/motorola-mbp36s-digital-video-baby-monitor/p/143821?gclid=CjwKCAjw7MDPBRAFEiwAppdF9PGx197zx9xNKUuBNXaxWX9rsVBgwh3D5IsntNkMPHLW3AZcfaaEfRoCKvsQAvD_BwE

Himself is a techie man so we ended up getting a camera on Wish, that you control from the phone or PC. Has night vision all that goes seems to do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crestedten

Getting the Lollipop camera ourselves. Can be used as an audio and video monitor via your phone, and you can view it from anywhere with the app so you can check in on baby while you're out: https://www.lollipop.camera/

Looking to get one of the Snuza movement monitors as well, just because I'm super neurotic about making sure baby is OK.

We got the sensor and camera monitor from Angelcare.

Baby has hiccups, really strong movements from them. Really strange!

Loving all the movements lately they are so much stronger.. I was asking them yesterday about how you know which bit is what, it is really amazing...

Has anyone else been playing a few songs to their bumps.. We started off early with this but laughing not sure what hour I started to wake up at and all I have in my head is a Mastodon song the little lady is quite taken too.. One of the first songs she reacted too was Under the Sea, then ELO Telepone Line and then Mastodon and Motorhead.. Quite the selection super proud

• Advertisement

I was at the Nile Rogers & Chic concert in the 3arena last night and baby was having a great time lol.

I've been to 4 concerts so far since i've been pregnant so hopefully baby likes music ha ha.

Advertisement