Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Great stuff, good taste in music then... It must be so very strange for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Milly33 wrote: »
    Great stuff, good taste in music then... It must be so very strange for them...

Yeah i hope so :D I know, you would wonder what they are thinking :P

In years to come they will probably have something like an x ray machine where you can spy in on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi all,
    Has anyone any idea where I can get a birthing ball and what size should i get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Sorry, get one what?

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    Sorry, get one what?

Oops sorry a birthing Ball.

Argos have them anyway. I was looking at them during the week. Just make sure it's big enough. It should be at least 65cm.

This was the one I was looking at https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6162526/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/c_2/3|15701400|Fitness+accessories+and+equipment|29022124/c_3/4|cat_29022124|Gym+balls|23846066.htm

Argos have them anyway. I was looking at them during the week. Just make sure it's big enough. It should be at least 65cm.

Thanks, I am so utterly clueless. I'm guessing the gym ball will do the trick.

Thanks, I am so utterly clueless. I'm guessing the gym ball will do the trick.

Yep, they are the same thing according to my Pilates teacher. The most important thing is that your pelvis is above your knees when you are sitting on it.

The midwife told me the other day twas a 65cm ball to get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Milly33 wrote: »
    The midwife told me the other day twas a 65cm ball to get

It’s height dependent.

Had my 32 week appointment this morning and the midwife said the baby's head is down now which I'm delighted with. Just have to keep it there now as I'm sure it can still move again.

Went to the outreach maternity centre in St Finbarrs for the first time rather than CUMH which was amazing. Was only waiting about 10 mins compared to my last appointment at CUMH where I was waiting 2 hours.

Yeah Bee06 he is getting ready or she then.... 32weeks tis great isn't it so close now...

Have my parents up for the weekend and tis so nice to be listening to mums stories and showing her all the clothes and dad then his face when you start talking about the baby. weak..

Definitely getting close! Enjoy your weekend Milly!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Had my 32 week appointment this morning and the midwife said the baby's head is down now which I'm delighted with. Just have to keep it there now as I'm sure it can still move again.

Went to the outreach maternity centre in St Finbarrs for the first time rather than CUMH which was amazing. Was only waiting about 10 mins compared to my last appointment at CUMH where I was waiting 2 hours.

It can Bee, go sit on a yoga ball!My second started to turn at 32 weeks and she flip flopped several times up to about 35 weeks...aside from anything else it was deeply uncomfortable. I was told to stay off the yoga ball when her head was up because the position on the ball pushes the baby down in to the pelvis, making it harder for them to turn back the right way.When she was eventually head down again round 36 weeks, I spent a LOT of time on the ball!!!!

Feeling so uncomfortable and squashed up or something like that today. I'm not even that big with my belly but just feel huge.
    Went to liffey valley to pick up a couple of bits for hospital bag and nursing tops etc and felt I was really struggling to walk around. God help me the next few weeks if I get much bigger.

Sure he/she is running out of space.. Hope your feeling more comfy.. Was kinda freaked out today as I didn't feel her move much but have been in the car a lot so putting it down to that. Going to chill now and count the kicks.. Had a hectic weekend, feeling a bit like no one listens to me I must say.. Actually cried after a well quite annoying street attendant told me I could not go through a small spot on Sunday eve in Galway, nearly pulled the preggers excuse but I didn't, instead I walked away and wept a little..

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

All ok since Milly? I spent a lot of time in the car at the weekend as well and walking around and I dont tend to feel the kicks as much at these times. Hoping all is back on track today but it should be. Lots of kicks last night.

Slept in this morning and I'm done feel blah today... Its killing me because I love Halloween would normally have the house all decorated, don't even have treats in must get me arse in gear and get to the shops...
    Glad to hear lashes34 it must be the car so I suppose you are kinda snug or the belly is.. Felt kicks this morning so that was good

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Excited93

Hey guys! 34+4 now! Time is flying by. Just got back from the GP. Baby barely moved yesterday and today so I rang up and they brought me straight in. He's doing fine! She said that using camomile or lavender causes them to sleep more and not move much. Had a bubble bath with camomile! Just a heads up in case anyone freaks out slightly like I did! But his heart beat is strong anyway. Doesn't have much room to move and he's head down facing up so don't feel much because of that to! Glad I went down and got checked out though. Better safe than sorry!

• Advertisement

Very good Excited93,can be a bit worrying alright when they go quite...
    Hope everyone had a nice Halloween... We only got two callers that was it, was hoping for more as tis our first year in a park.. But anywho think I'm nesting today throwing everything out haha..
    A bubble bath sounds like heaven wish I had a big bath that you could fill to the brim

I had a bath the other night and the last thing it did was relax me lol.

Felt so awkward and uncomfortable in the bath and was trying to shave my legs which was proving difficult :p
    I wouldn't mind, im not a huge bath fan in general but thought id treat myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

The amount of bath things people have given me recently to try help me sleep and for aches and pains! I could open a shop!

As you said, its the least relaxing thing, between trying to get the water just right, then getting bored and not knowing what to do and my husband shouting up at me to be careful and call him when I want help getting out of the bath!

Invested in a shower stool for myself and its far more relaxing! bending down for shampoo bottles etc was becoming a pain so this little stool is the business!

People laughed at me getting it but I don't care, its amazing!!

haha love it...A shower stool is a really good idea very clever.. I always wanted one of those steps to put your feet on for shaving... Tried to shave my legs the other day and it was a killer, just too much effort...Started to sit at the end of the stairs now to put shoes and socks on, makes it a little easier..

I really wasnt thinking I would get that much bigger but she is growing everyday now!!

Wouldn't be a fan of baths either, and if I do I want like a huge bath full of bubbles and lots of hot water, sure you can barely have it tepid...

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

I was in for a check up today and told the midwives I was a bit concerned about reduced movement lastnight after nearly passing out at the dentist (back pain has hit new levels plus it was too hot in the surgery - baby was very unusually quiet after, even after the lucozade the dentist gave me to get the sugars back up). Anyhow she said don't even wait for movement or bother ringing the hospital if that happens again, to just go straight in. I don't want to be over reacting and being a nuisance (and I'm too uncomfortable to be hanging round a hospital unnecessarily) but eventually after some cold OJ it got giddy again so I happy with that.
    But I guess moral of the story is none of us should be hesitant at this stage about going into the hospital if something just doesn't feel right or shouldn't put off by not wanting to inconvenience them in the hospital.

glad to hear ye are both ok

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Spoke to my boss yesterday about going part-time and they are being really good about it. I am crippled with back and pelvis pain the last two weeks and just cant go on being here 5 days a week. Struggling to walk at the minute. I have osteopenia so these changes in my joints are really affecting me.

We have a wedding tomorrow and I am dreading it. Hoping I last until the first dance and then planning on going home. Hubby can stay and get a lift home if he likes!

Had my 34 weeks appointment Tuesday and baby still breech so seeing the consultant next week to discuss a section or whatever my other options are. It was so painful when the doctor was feeling for the position of the baby I dont think I could cope with them trying to move him/her.

Feeling pretty miserable at the minute :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Baby still has plenty of time to turn from breech so hopefully it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain lashes. Hopefully with a reduction in work it should reduce and you will be feeling better. When is your maturnity cover starting? I’m currently 31 weeks and getting some slight pains in my pelvis! I hope it goes away and doesn’t get worse!

As for baby in breach they say there’s still time. My yoga instructor said there are certain exercises that help encourage baby to go into the correct position. Could be nonsense but might be worth a google and see! Couldn’t hurt anyway!
    Hope you feel better soon! Not long to go!!!!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear Lashes! Great that work are being good with going part time, and sure you must be nearly finished then are you? I know were in the same place so if you want any bits and bobs if shopping is a pain let me know.. heading in Sunday to get a few bits from Boots..

Fingers crossed the baby will move but if not tis meant to be, and you can do it....

Just heard on the radio there that they might have to cut down on the annomoly (cant spell it or say it) scans in UHG, I hope they don't it was such a great thing to have done, and a reassurance as such..

Advertisement