Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

lashes34 wrote: »
    Thats a pretty crappy response from them. Do they pay sick leave? If so could you use that and not your annual leave. When I spoke to my boss about the pain Im in they were very good about me going down to 3 days and am using sick leave. Worth a shot?

They actually do pay sick leave (at their discretion, but not maternity pay!) but I think they'd hit the roof if I took any more sick leave!

Just going to try and keep going as long as I can, but once it becomes too much there's not a whole lot more I can do to be accommodating!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Finally back from the hospital was ready to fall asleep there.. Whatever happened the docs were very slow today some big meeting this morning..Didnt get much information from the doc just that the head is down lower and all is well. I think it may be engaged as it was lower than at the docs but she didn't say anything..

Rant on the way bleep alert, not sure was it because I was so tired but people seemed very rude this morning... People in the shops pushing through and all excuse me (I suppose that's a bonus) but I was like give me five will you does this look like tis easy to manage.. And people on their Mobiles!! AHhhhh drives me mad, why do people think you want to listen to their conversation on the phones. This lady was sitting right in the middle of everything on the phone for id say around 2 hrs chatting like no one else was there. A few people were looking at her kinda saying put it away.. And some very very rude lady towards a male person who may be a traveller decent (not that it matters) but the lady deserved a right telling off... Rant over..

Time for sleep now I think...

It is very annoying with the maternity leave I never realised it was at the companies discretion...Hope they take it easy on you from now on, and if not just move slower don't put yourself under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Are you going to the hospital for all your appointments Milly? Im going between my GP and the midwife clinic in Doughiska. Its great, always taken on time.

Had my 37 week check with the midwife and all ok bar I have protein in my urine. BP etc all ok so she sent a sample away to get for a UTI.

Went to doctor then after as I have a really bad sore throat and a temp. On antibiotics for a week, thought Id escape having to take any for the full pregnancy but they're safe so its all ok.

Im awake since 2:30, complete torture. At least Im off now until Monday and finished work for my leave on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

I had protein in my urine three times over the past few check ups. For me I think it's something that just happens (BP is always grand too and I've no swelling) but I find if I stay away from sugar and drink buckets of water before hand or before the retest it's always clear then. Also suffering the insomnia, sleep for about 2 hours when I go to bed then wake round 2am and can't get back to sleep till 6/7am...luckily I'm off work. Everyone says it's preparing you for motherhood ... because wearing us out to exhaustion is such a great idea before having to go through labour and face into months of broken sleep!?!

Lashes34 - I'm still going into UHG and then the doc in Loughrea.. I think perhaps I missed out on the option of going to the midwife clinic closer.. I did say I would go for it, but they kinda didn't say anymore.. Tis quite annoying driving all the way early morning but just kinda went with it, as I wasn't too sure..Hope the antibotics work for you to clear things up..Glad to hear you can rest up soon... Whacked today after going for an hours nap and then shopping trying to hold off on sleeping until at least 11...Pesky sleep

The doc mentioned protein in urine too once, not really to me but to the student and I never heard anymore I presume tis grand.. I have gone mad for sugar and all things sweet.. I think I have actually reached my limit now, as I would never have looked at cake before himself had the sweet tooth not me, so I blame him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Hey Lashes34, would love to know if you recommend the massage? I think that would be a great gift for any expectant ladies!

Feel like crap today now, stuffy, fat and just blahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Hi ladies I haven't posted much on here lately. I read some of the posts seems like everyone has 3rd trimester fatigue...myself included 😂. Though I'm more drained from this flu/chest infection I have. Been sick for two and half weeks ugh but then instead of getting better it got worse with high temp and symptoms getting worse this week. On top of my 3 year old also being really sick vomiting 40 degree temperature the works. Thankfully she is on the mend but I don't seem to be....I'm a bit panicked because I got my date for my section on Wed and it's next week so the thought of everything when I'm feeling this bad is not good to be honest. The obs also prescribed antibiotics for my chest infection so hoping they start working cause cant sleep with all the choking and waking up in a sweat with temperature. I'm really nervous cause I had anesthetic review and anesthesiologist scanned my back and was like I can see why you had a difficult spinal the last time I'm not going to lie it will be difficult so he has recommended a ultrasound guided spinal for my C section. Feel like it's all hands on deck now and I just feel to sick to sort anything which is stressing me. Sorry for negative post just having a rant I suppose. Even though it's good news I'm meeting baby next week just wish this infection would feck off. I have spent the last number of months picking out buying preparing taking such joy in it all and now I'm like no wait I'm not ready I'm sick 🙊🙈
    Anyone else having or due early December?

Oh MissJuly sending lots of hugs your way... That is a lot to handle all together, was just saying having kids and being pregnant must be very hard. Not to mind all the rest of it.. Mighty women you are, have plenty of people there after to help you out so you can re-coupe...Your nearly there now one more week and you get to see your loverly baby xxx..

We have 2 weeks left to go, I think the baby head is engaged from the last Doc visit but not sure, she was a bit blasé about it.. But will ask the GP on Monday anywho...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Hi ladies. Due the 18th. Absolutely wrecked. Down with the consultant on Tuesday to get my date, the sooner the better so uncomfortable and can't sleep and I'm massive, sorry for the rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi ladies. Haven't posted in ages. Finished up work on Wed. Delighted. Only 3 weeks yest to my due date!!

Finalising my hospital bag here as I type. God it's very overwhelming... trying to not pack too much but making sure I also have enough of everything.

Splitting it in to 3 bags. Labour ward, post natal room and then bag with spare bits and extras that he can just grab and bring in if I need it.
    Feeling ok at the mo. Back with consultant on Mon where he said he would be doing an internal. Not looking forward to that but suppose I may get used to it from here on in!!

Everyone keeps saying for a few days the closer you get, you just feel like ****e and then tis like yepppee.... Hopefully after a good few days rest decmum youll fell better..

Must say feeling better now after relaxing, got the decorations out this weekend so planning to have the house done tomorrow and I cant wait just to have it sorted...Really annoyed we missed the Christmas lights being turned on in town but sure...3 weeks wont be long passing by :)

missjuly wrote: »
    Hi ladies I haven't posted much on here lately. I read some of the posts seems like everyone has 3rd trimester fatigue...myself included ��. Though I'm more drained from this flu/chest infection I have. Been sick for two and half weeks ugh but then instead of getting better it got worse with high temp and symptoms getting worse this week. On top of my 3 year old also being really sick vomiting 40 degree temperature the works. Thankfully she is on the mend but I don't seem to be....I'm a bit panicked because I got my date for my section on Wed and it's next week so the thought of everything when I'm feeling this bad is not good to be honest. The obs also prescribed antibiotics for my chest infection so hoping they start working cause cant sleep with all the choking and waking up in a sweat with temperature. I'm really nervous cause I had anesthetic review and anesthesiologist scanned my back and was like I can see why you had a difficult spinal the last time I'm not going to lie it will be difficult so he has recommended a ultrasound guided spinal for my C section. Feel like it's all hands on deck now and I just feel to sick to sort anything which is stressing me. Sorry for negative post just having a rant I suppose. Even though it's good news I'm meeting baby next week just wish this infection would feck off. I have spent the last number of months picking out buying preparing taking such joy in it all and now I'm like no wait I'm not ready I'm sick ����
    Anyone else having or due early December?

Missjuly do you mind me asking what was difficult about your spinal last time? And Were you having it for a section last time or regular labour delivery?

I've suffered debilitating upper back pain now formonths (thanks to Relaxins affect on my body). I have had two nerve blocks done for the pain and both failed and they're essentially epidurals. I'm still aiming for regular delivery and hoping not to have a section but I'm concerned the epidural won't work for labour ... they keep telling me it will, and that it'll work on my upper back pain too, but I'm not sure how they can be so confident given the failure of the nerve blocks. Was just curious why you had a spinal and why it was difficult on the other off chance you had any similar problems...

Hope you are feeling better better and are looking forward to meeting baby in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hello all,
    it’s reassuring to hear others feeling crappy! I think it’s probably just time of year, have a virus myself which took me out of work and my doctor has decided to sign me off a week early so I’m officislly on maternity leave! Delighted to take the stress of work off my plate but then got diagnosed with gestational diabetes today 🙈 so work finished and now a new stress! It feels never ending! And quite over whelming!

Anyone with any advice it would be much appreciated? I’ll be hungry for a week or two before I figure out how to cope with it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Hey Lashes34, would love to know if you recommend the massage? I think that would be a great gift for any expectant ladies!

It was great, painful but wanted a proper massage and not someone rubbing me with oil. Shoulders & lower back still feel bruised! Am booked in again next week.

The antibiotics didnt work, went back to doc yesterday and she said its likely viral so cant give me anything else.

Im in hospital again for reduced movements, admitted me yesterday and still waiting on a scan. Said if this continues they might induce early to be safe.

Pocos wrote: »
    Hello all,
    it’s reassuring to hear others feeling crappy! I think it’s probably just time of year, have a virus myself which took me out of work and my doctor has decided to sign me off a week early so I’m officislly on maternity leave! Delighted to take the stress of work off my plate but then got diagnosed with gestational diabetes today �� so work finished and now a new stress! It feels never ending! And quite over whelming!

Anyone with any advice it would be much appreciated? I’ll be hungry for a week or two before I figure out how to cope with it! :(

Yeah happy maternity leave to you!!!! Hope you get to put your feet up now... Sorry to hear about the diabetes :( never ending but think good thoughts. Is it due to the pregnancy? Sorry I cannot offer any advice on it, but hopefully you will find some help....

I always think the bruising pain is good, normally means there was more there to in-knot that you thought... Got distracted with the getting the house ready for Christmas so forgot to ring the spa here must do it for next week..

Went to the Gp yesterday and twas loverly to hear a good luck now incase anything happens before I see her again, but all good little miss is not engaged yet but still head down, she said you would know when she does engage that it will just feel solid.. Cant wait now just hope to have the house sorted by then.. Just caught the cat peeing in a pot inside I'm allergic the animals are beginning to act a little odd..

Feeling all stuffed up today don't know was it from cleaning the place from top to bottom yesterday or just stuffiness. It seems to be every second day I really hope it buggers off after the little miss arrives... Putting up the final (well bar the garlands i am waiting on :) ) decorations today and that's it then.. Sit and wait...

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh MissJuly sending lots of hugs your way... That is a lot to handle all together, was just saying having kids and being pregnant must be very hard. Not to mind all the rest of it.. Mighty women you are, have plenty of people there after to help you out so you can re-coupe...Your nearly there now one more week and you get to see your loverly baby xxx..

We have 2 weeks left to go, I think the baby head is engaged from the last Doc visit but not sure, she was a bit blasé about it.. But will ask the GP on Monday anywho...

Aw thanks Milly. I'm feeling a bit better but my toddler who was better has a temperature again today disaster! Don't know how I'll leave her on Friday if she's still sick! Not ideal at all. Ooh exciting times if head jn engaged could be anytime now for you. Hope you are keeping well 😊

Missjuly do you mind me asking what was difficult about your spinal last time? And Were you having it for a section last time or regular labour delivery?

I've suffered debilitating upper back pain now formonths (thanks to Relaxins affect on my body). I have had two nerve blocks done for the pain and both failed and they're essentially epidurals. I'm still aiming for regular delivery and hoping not to have a section but I'm concerned the epidural won't work for labour ... they keep telling me it will, and that it'll work on my upper back pain too, but I'm not sure how they can be so confident given the failure of the nerve blocks. Was just curious why you had a spinal and why it was difficult on the other off chance you had any similar problems...

Hope you are feeling better better and are looking forward to meeting baby in a few days.

Oh you poor thing back pain is the worst!! Sound like you have had it bad! For me it was more the getting the spinal into my back something to do with the spacing of my vertebrae as far as I could gather. So it was difficult in that they had to tried a number of times and had to reinject the local anaesthetic about 5 or 6 times on top of the countless tries with the actual spinal needle on each go. At one stage they hit a nerve or whatever and my whole body involuntarily spasmed- which was sore and not ideal with a needle in your back. This was before my planned section so I wasn't in labour or anything. So hopefully the ultrasound guided spinal will do the trick.....they talk about GA which is absolutely terrifying to me. Maybe the epidural might work for you as it can be topped up so maybe the nerve block injections weren't as potent as you needed.....I'm obviously just speculating. Good luck I hope epidural does work for you !!

Thanks for the reply missjuly, just trying to inform myself so I'm in a better position to question the hospital on how we'll deal with the problem and not have a big panic situation on our hands come d-day. Maybe I need to be more trusting of the professionals but I've been telling them for months & months I'm going to have difficulty and it's only now at 37/38 weeks they're starting to pay attention, a bit last minute considering how hard it is to get to speak with the right people and then get them talking to each other to make a plan.

Sounds like you had a rough experience last time. I guess the good thing this time round is they know there's likely to be a challenge and you can plan for that with the ultrasound guiding them. I don't blame you for being freaked out about a GA but I'm sure it won't come to that. Best of luck with it all x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I’m having such problems with trying to get my travel system from Tony Kealys! They have been an absolute nightmare to deal with. I’m raging now because of it.

Oh really bee? I'm due to collect mine soon and pay the balance.
    What are they saying is the issue? Must call them.

andreac wrote: »
    Oh really bee? I'm due to collect mine soon and pay the balance.
    What are they saying is the issue? Must call them.

They are just super unorganised and keep telling me different things. Back when I put the order in I was told that that when I want to pick it up give them a ring a few days before and they’d order it in. I did that in mid November and was told no, they always order them in for 3 weeks before your due date and they would ring then. I was pissed off but said grand. That was Tuesday and I hadn’t heard anything so I rang them yesterday and they said they had the car seat and base but the rest was “in transit” and they said they’d find out when it would get to the store and ring me back in a few minutes.

Heard nothing by this afternoon so rang again and was told that the remaining parts were sent to the Dublin store and were on the way down since yesterday obviously because I rang them. We can only go in at the weekend and I think a week and a half before my due date is way too late so we have to go in this Saturday for the car seat and they will deliver the rest to the house at some stage next week meaning I have to wait around some day for it. No apology for any of the mix ups or misinformation.

Sorry for the rant! I’d definitely given them a ring anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We had the same with them back in 2014 bee06.It was at least 39 weeks before we picked up ours.Just keep at them.
    I didn't give them any more business after that, to be honest.

Oh dear. Doesn't sound good.
    I rang them earlier after i read your message and got similar reply.
    They have car seat and base there but the rest is due in on Tues. I'll be ringing Tues to check. I'm due 2 weeks from tomorrow so def cutting it fine.
    They had originally told me it would be due in around the 1st. So fingers crossed it will be in.
    Will keep you posted.
    Hope you get sorted.

That's bad form.. Maybe threaten them with wanting a refund and you will go elsewhere, if they don't get their act together..

Check out Tralee Nursery in the meantime, have to say they were fantastic to deal with. When It came to delivery time I emailed them just to make sure 2 weeks was enough notice, they said perfect as they had the order put away from day one. When I rang to pay the rest off and for delivery, they said it would be two days which was fine, but then later rang back to say they could get it out that day.. Honestly could not fault them..

Hope you get it sorted out now...

Sitting here in a loverly Christmassised house ohhh tis loverly,

Thanks girls. I won’t be buying anything else from them either. Hope you get sorted to Andrea.

Unfortunately Milly, Tony Kealys is the only stockist in Ireland for the travel system I want so going elsewhere is not an option. Especially with so little time left.

Arseholes, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I am sure they will send it out they are probably just used to treating customers this way... Don't let it stress you too much, in light they could always send the car seat out to you (and not have you pay any extra shipping or anything).. Still completely wrong of them

Kealys has everything except the carrycot part today anyway and they’ll send that out. Couldn’t tell me when though. Happier that I have most of the parts now.

Some serious downward pressure and pelvic pain today which is great! Delighted everything is going in the right direction.

• Advertisement

that is good news bee06!! At last they are behaving, just very surprised to hear that they are so unprofessional.. I really thought they were like the shop to go to or well I know they would have been a big competition shop to Smyths.. But at least Smyths if you ordered something and were paying it off, it is put aside then and there...

Felt a bit of pain too today when going into town, was laughing thinking I would go into labour while out shopping...Did feel like period pains but it passed I was wondering were they hicks? Great to know all is going to schedule not too long now...

Advertisement