Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

I had a check up at GP on Thurs and she tells me the baby has turned to lie back to back, very frustrating after it been in a good position throughout and was making moves towards the exit door with all those 'fanny daggers' pains I was getting (which I'm not getting now!). Last week at the hospital it was in the right position. Will have to see next week at the hospital check up what position it's sitting in, at the moment I really can't tell myself. I've been spending sometimes on my hands & knees hoping it'll swing back around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I had a check up at GP on Thurs and she tells me the baby has turned to lie back to back, very frustrating after it been in a good position throughout and was making moves towards the exit door with all those 'fanny daggers' pains I was getting (which I'm not getting now!). Last week at the hospital it was in the right position. Will have to see next week at the hospital check up what position it's sitting in, at the moment I really can't tell myself. I've been spending sometimes on my hands & knees hoping it'll swing back around.

Have you heard about the Spinning Babies website? I think it’s most well known for advice on turning a breech to head down but also had advice on how to get the babies head engaged and I think to move the baby from posterior to anterior as well. My midwife was recommending it at my last appointment.

bee06 wrote: »
    Have you heard about the Spinning Babies website? I think it’s most well known for advice on turning a breech to head down but also had advice on how to get the babies head engaged and I think to move the baby from posterior to anterior as well. My midwife was recommending it at my last appointment.

Thanks bee06, I hadn't heard of that site. I'll have a read and see what I can pick up from it that might help. I had a lot of crazy movement during the night, was hoping it was spinning itself back around - I was jumping up in the bed onto all fours hoping it'd swing itself around while it was so active but still doesn't feel like it's in the position it was up till last week. I'm meeting a midwife on Wed after the consultant check up so if it's still showing as back to back I'll quiz her too on what to do etc. This baby is determined to break me before it even arrives!

It’s a head wreak isn’t it. I spend so much time poking my bump to try and figure out what position the baby is in!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I have my suspicions my second was back to back, although it was never said to me!
    Also the period pains....on both mine I had a good three weeks of them before the labour kicked off!They do feel different to Hicks, more cramps, and grew gradually in intensity over time.They were a total nuisance but I kind of welcomed them too because I felt my body was kick starting things to start naturally, which was what I wanted.

• Advertisement

Yes a total head wreck, especially when it was in the right position only last week and making good signs for moving.

It's very active all afternoon with some strong feelings of pressure so maybe that's a good sign it has moved or is trying to at least. I probably just need to stop overthinking it, I'm just anxious because we're trying to avoid a section purely because of all the back pain i have and we don't want to be dealing with section recovery plus the back pain afterwards.

Thanks for the replies ladies, it does help to have somewhere to go to sound board these situations! I hope everyone's doing ok, not too long to go now for us all at least. Fingers crossed not to be eating the turkey in the hospital..!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wife's got the cramps, trying all the unproved methods at home to induce of course. Due the 10th, with Coombe hospital they will normally induce at +14 days but we were told 13 because nobody wants to give birth on Christmas eve :D

All going to plan though, we're doing homebirth with a private midwife. Got the pool blown up now beside the Christmas tree, her music, plenty of towels and sheets on standby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Are you sure it's 14 days? I'm in the Coombe and was told no more than 10 days by my consultant.
    Oh just see your other bit about home birth. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

The pool beside the tree oh that would be a lovely birth spot.. Ye could re-inact the nativity :)...

I hope all goes to plan now for ye and ye wont have to go through the induce.. I was so happy we had the doula in to explain all this stuff to us, really hoping to not be induced or at least to only go so far with the it, as in not have the 3rd step done..

Anyone having any movements so far?

Back from the spa, oh I would defiantly say a back neck and shoulder massage is the way to go... It was heaven really nice and relaxing.. I did miss the hard massage but still under the circumstances it would be best not to have that done now...

• Advertisement

No movements yet. I'm due Fri next week.

Back in hospital for an appt tomorrow. Collecting our travel system tomorrow before the hospital. Getting real now!!

No movements yet. I'm due Fri next week.

Back in hospital for an appt tomorrow. Collecting our travel system tomorrow before the hospital. Getting real now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skullsocks

I am now over due, FTM so they say to expect it but I really had my hopes set for an early December birth. Instead of feeling excited that I am nearly there I am feeling pretty miserable like it's never going to end.

When were you Due? Have they given you a date to induce you if you haven't gone by a certain date?

I was due on the first. No date yet for induction, have an appointment at the start of next week so they will talk about inducing then. They will wait 2 weeks after due date (unless there are any complications) so doubt they will consider induction until the end of next week.

Ah ok. I'm due the 15th. The Coombe only let you go 10 days over and then the doc said he wouldn't bring me in on Christmas day so if i don't go myself I'll get a date for induction a few days before the 25th, but I'll be leaving it as long as possible if I can.

Fingers crossed neither of us have to be induced!

I hope the little one moves soon for you Skullsocks! Yeah tis all a bit tiresome now id say the waiting around.. There is the whole wow I'm pregnant at the start, then all the changes and now tis like mmmm so like please arrive....

Hope the travel system is lovely Andreac..

Have a doc app too in the morning, 9.30 bright and early... Looking forward to seeing if she has engaged or not now, not really sure I defo feel fuller down below and the belly has dropped but last week at the GP she said she hadn't engaged..

I am so not a morning person..Yawn.. All good with the docs then, the little ladys head is in position, she nicely pointed out that engaged was when I went into labour :) and that the top of the head was locked in place now...

I still kinda laugh, they can be quite well this is the way it is going to happen. She said she would give me an induction date of the 21st and when I asked about the different stages, it was like why? and I was frankly told that if I have to the drip well then that's it.. Id say twud be tough to be standing your ground with some of the docs.. She was suppose to check the swelling in my feet but didn't.. Anywho all is well which is the main thing..

Had week 39 check up yesterday and all fine, baby has turned so no longer on its back which is good. It's still moving loads though so who knows what it'll decide to do between now and arrival but it is where it is right now. Had a meeting with delivery ward manager to discuss how my back problems may interfere with labour/delivery and how I should be managed so my 'case' is being detailed in the 'special cases' file so at least when I go in we'll all be on the same page...or that's the plan anyways :-0. We'll see what happens! Wish it was all over now, feel rubbish in every way today, could badly do with some decent sleep, even 4-5 hours straight would make difference. Though I know I won't be getting much when baby arrives but it'd be nice to be rested beforehand at least!

• Advertisement

Looks like my waters have gone!!

No pains yet but will give hospital a ring soon and may go in to be checked, just in case later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Exciting andrea! I waa told once your waters go you need to go straight to the hospital as there is a risk of infection.

Good luck xx

lashes34 wrote: »
    Exciting andrea! I waa told once your waters go you need to go straight to the hospital as there is a risk of infection.

Good luck xx

Yep, I was told the same. Good luck!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

andreac wrote: »

No pains yet but will give hospital a ring soon and may go in to be checked, just in case later.

Oooh good luck!!

Thanks ladies. Not due until next week the 15th.
    Heading to hospital shortly.
    Still no pains but waters still coming.
    Don't want to rush in as they will prob keep me in as waters are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Good luck.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks ladies. Not due until next week the 15th.
    Heading to hospital shortly.
    Still no pains but waters still coming.
    Don't want to rush in as they will prob keep me in as waters are gone.

They might let you home, my SIL's waters broke both times (as opposed to contractions starting) and she went into the hospital, they checked her and put her on the monitor for 30 mins and when all was well they said she could go home but had to come back in the morning regardless of whether or not contractions had started (it was about 10pm when she was let home) because once the waters go there's an increased risk of infection, so if the contractions don't start on their own, they'll give you something to start them.

Yeah oh how exciting congrats Andreac!! Wshing you the best of luck cant wait to hear back, its like Christmas Day.. So happy for you

Staying in for the mo but it's really only as I live bit further out in Meath and weather dodgy too.
    Still no pains. Will be put on antibiotics by 12 tonight if I don't get any contractions starting, then prob induce me by tomorrow morning or afternoon if I still haven't gone myself.
    Poor girl in ward beside me is in bits. Like one born every minute with the shouting. But God love her.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's the worst part about being in the labour ward - the screaming! Hopefully things start moving for you soon :)

Advertisement