Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Thanks ladies hopefully by this time tomorrow I will have baby, I have to be in hospital by 7 and I'm 45 minutes away I just hope the roads will be OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

decmum wrote: »
    Thanks ladies hopefully by this time tomorrow I will have baby, I have to be in hospital by 7 and I'm 45 minutes away I just hope the roads will be OK

Stumbled into this thread by complete accident, But all the best today and safe travelling. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

shesty wrote: »
    I don't generally do exaggeration, but honestly I found very, very uncomfortable.The baby reacted to it too, she kind of jumped back and upwards in there which added to the yuck feeling of it all.It's quick and if you are totally fed up, I can understand it.But I have had a lot of internal exams while pregnant and a good bit of interference, plus giving birth twice, and I will not be asking them to do a sweep again.They offered to do it again at the 42 week appointment but there was no way that was happening, I was too sore!!!

There's a word for the type of labour I was in for those few weeks.....pro-dromal I think I was told?It's kind of stoppy starty.Never quite as intense as the real thing but still a total pain!!!I was utterly fed up by the time the first real contractions finally hit, - part of me was thrilled to feel them!!!![/quote

Do they do the bishopscore in the hospitals here? Have been reading up on it.Was looking at my hospital info sheet and it said an examination of the cervix at term and possible plan for induction if pregnancy progresses past 40+ 10 or "so". I'm presuming this doesn't mean the sweep?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Glad I said no then thanks for the info ladies.. Havent heard of anything called the bishopscore (odd name for something like that)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Milly33 wrote: »
    Havent heard of anything called the bishopscore (odd name for something like that)...

As with most things like that it's named after the person who invented/implemented it, like Braxton Hicks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I think I've heard of it but I have no clue what it means.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The only time I heard the term bishop score was in "Archer" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Toots wrote: »

😂

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x25015767/what-is-the-bishop-score

Left home at 5 this evening and I'm I. A hotel beside the hospital want this baby out tomorrow so I wasn't taking any chances with the consultant weather and not making it to the hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

decmum wrote: »
    Left home at 5 this evening and I'm I. A hotel beside the hospital want this baby out tomorrow so I wasn't taking any chances with the consultant weather and not making it to the hospital

Best of luck decmum! Will be thinking of you today! So exciting to think not long left now!!!

• Advertisement

Toots wrote: »

And bet he wasn't talking about babys haha might have been about the other bit :). Such a funny show..

Best of luck DecMum will be thinking or you and ye today!!! Good idea with booking into the hotel very clever thinking, please you can take a super long bath and not have to worry about the hot water :)..

Due date today, was just laughing at myself thinking "Is this what the rest of my life is going to be like,waiting on the little one".. Whoops... She has gone very quiet so fingers crossed

Baby boy born at 10.01 6lb7oz absolutely delighted we are both doing well, best of luck to all you ladies yet to go, they are worth the wait,

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Congrats decmum, delighted for you. Loving hearing of the December babies! Andrea I hope ypur first few days have gone well and you are recovering at home.

39+5 today. Appointment with the hospital tomorrow so hoping they do something to move this baby along!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congrats decmum!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Congrats Decmum, glad to hear you're doing well.

I'm 39+5 today too. I was lying awake from 3am this morning with lower back aches and darty pain, mild abdomen crampiness, lightening pains, thinking I was leaking waters etc...the months of upper back pain seemed to strangely disappear yesterday too, so was really starting to think something was starting to happen. Got back to sleep at 7.30am and it all settled down, no sign of anything stirring today except the odd lightening pain and lower back stab when baby moves :-0

COngratulations!!! Baby boy weak, have ye picked a name? Hope you are doing fantastic so happy for you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Andrec and Decmum congratulations to your both!! I hope it’s all going well! Not long now for the rest of us! Due New Year’s Eve so a bit of a wait for me yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Awh congrats decmum. It's a great feeling.
    I'm getting out tomorrow. My little girl is just amazing. She's so good. Getting a good while between feeds which is great. About 4 hours at a time. Hopefully she continues like this.

COngratulations!!! Baby boy weak, have ye picked a name? Hope you are doing fantastic so happy for you xxx
    Yeah we have called him Conor we are thrilled with him, he is so quiet hasn't opened his mouth all day long may it continue

andreac wrote: »
    Awh congrats decmum. It's a great feeling.
    I'm getting out tomorrow. My little girl is just amazing. She's so good. Getting a good while between feeds which is great. About 4 hours at a time. Hopefully she continues like this.
    Yeah he is great I have to wake him for his feeds, he hasn't opened his mouth all day, long may it continue

• Advertisement

4 Hours!! Ye lucky ladies.. I had to stop reading the books as it was getting all a bit baby, baby, baby.. Must go back for a refresher on feeding..

So over this now, haha a day waiting and I'm like your late!!! Have been bouncing on the ball last night, walking like a crab up and down the stairs.. Want to head out for a stroll but the footpaths are still a bit dodge to walk on so puzzles it is.. Kinda hoping she stays in now until Thurs so I can go see Star Wars

Awh congrats to both ladies! So exciting!! I’m 39+2 today and woke up with what I can only assume was a show. Getting cramps gonna keep an eye on it to see if I need to ring the hospital I’m assuming I won’t but just in case.

Had my appointment today and am being induced Friday. Roll on, cant wait to have it over.

Oh very good!! Congrats lashes34 wont be long now for you...

lashes34 wrote: »
    Had my appointment today and am being induced Friday. Roll on, cant wait to have it over.

Wow lashes that’s brilliant news! Not longn left now for you then!!! Can’t believe they are bringing you in so quick!

I offered to come in tomorrow never mind Friday! Am dreading the pain but it has to come out so the sooner the better at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skullsocks

Same boat Lashes, getting induced this weekend if I don't go myself before then. Not looking forward to it but at least there is an end in sight!

i haven’t left the house in 2 days due to the weather. Safe to say I’m ready to crack up. I genuinely don’t think I can do another 2 weeks of this if I go over but they said they won’t induce until 27th. I feel like I could go this week but I’ve been saying that every week

Same here BoBeep was like, well we shall say grumpy yesterday.. Was hoping to get out today but looking out tisnt exactly enticing me :).. Still no movements here have been feeling a little blah but no waters breaking that I know of and no show...

• Advertisement

Same here BoBeep was like, well we shall say grumpy yesterday.. Was hoping to get out today but looking out tisnt exactly enticing me :).. Still no movements here have been feeling a little blah but no waters breaking that I know of and no show...

There is still some snow here but not a lot it’s raining though. I’m very sore in my back and have what I can only describe as menstral cramps today but again I’ve had them most days lately. Woke up this morning to more mucus I don’t know if it’s the plug but seemed more like a show. I’ll ask on Friday when I’m in, I can’t see myself going before then.

Advertisement