Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah hopefully you will, that sounds promising!!!I found the show happened kind of gradually over a couple of days on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Gave up on the idea of going out, and cleaned and had a lovely long shower again... Skitting nearly knocked myself out attempting to shave the legs :) the joys...

Fingers crossed this is it for you BoBeep! suppose everyone is so different it must be really hard to tell how each women will lets say show, or go into labour. A show for one could be different to another... Doc asked me if lets say I was feeling a bit damper below which I have been, so I take that is a good sign.. Everynight when I wake I'm like yes, the waters have gone but no... Perhaps it could just be a slow leak :)...

Ah we shall get there

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

I had a check up today and consultant 'thinks I'll do well' whatever that really means :-0. But head is really well down so I guess that's positive, was worried I was going backwards cause I'd so much pressure at my upper ribs again the past two days. Back next Wed for another check up and to 'make a plan' to encourage an exit strategy but he said he'd nearly be surprised if I don't go before then myself...which is great to hear but I'm still in my head saying 'not today' cause I'm just not mentally ready.

Great to hear some of you with a show etc, that you can at least know something's happening. Milly I'm like you wondering all the time about little things and dampness etc. A big red flashing light saying 'let's go' would be nice :-0

Great news justwhatithink!! You must have been delighted when he said that...Whooop well on the way then.. I'm here eating my pinapple, mind id need about 50 of them for it to do anything but sure ill try...

Milly33 wrote: »
    Great news justwhatithink!! You must have been delighted when he said that...Whooop well on the way then.. I'm here eating my pinapple, mind id need about 50 of them for it to do anything but sure ill try...

I think he 'disturbed' baby a bit too cause I just had to lie down because the lightening pains I just started getting nearly knocked me out of my standing, stopped me in my tracks! Not sure I'll manage labour pain too well :-0
    Good to try what you can to get things moving...I think it at least helps pass the time and feel like you're doing something. Who knows though how this'll go, I could be last woman standing here yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

You will probably know if your waters go....there's quite a bit of watery liquid.Or you'll get a sudden gush (possibly with a slight pop) that feels like you are weeing yourself but you can feel that it's not coming from your bladder.....!!
    Pregnancy is such a dignified thing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

shesty wrote: »
    You will probably know if your waters go....there's quite a bit of watery liquid.Or you'll get a sudden gush (possibly with a slight pop) that feels like you are weeing yourself but you can feel that it's not coming from your bladder.....!!
    Pregnancy is such a dignified thing!!!!
    You will def know if your waters have gone. Mine went that morning and they kept coming in little gushes. Just have loads of those big pads as I had to keep changing them. Plus there is a real distinctive smell from them. Hard to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I havent slept more than a few hours since being told about the induction. Slept for 90mins tonight from when I went to bed. Hoping I can get a bit more at some stage. So frustrating and just when I need it most.

Our water is gone too, just when I had loads of cleaning planned for tomorrow!

lashes34 wrote: »
    I havent slept more than a few hours since being told about the induction. Slept for 90mins tonight from when I went to bed. Hoping I can get a bit more at some stage. So frustrating and just when I need it most.

Our water is gone too, just when I had loads of cleaning planned for tomorrow!

That's very frustrating alright, you'd wonder how we'll be fit to give birth when we're so tired from insomnia. I find getting up out of bed for a while helps break the toss/turn cycle and impress bed chances of getting back to sleep. Otherwise, I just accept it and go with the flow, catching up in the morning or during the day...not much more you can do.

Hope the water comes back soon, if not sure it'll be a good excuse to catch up on sleep instead!

Never ending it seems.. That breathing exercise I thought works well the Golden Thread they call it.. Just deep breaths in and out but might help.. You don't have to go ahead with the induction either if you don't want to.. I know it is great to think yeah they will be here, but also if you don't want to don't let them pressure you into it..

I know I'm going be questioning mine next week too for sure. I mean they didn't even say anything. Just said your induction is next thurs that's it..

Slept ok last night but that was after going to the midnight show of Star Wars haha one more thing done before she arrives.. Going jigging around the house now, going for walks doing everything I can to get this baby moving...

• Advertisement

Just catching up on the others, so waiting on a pop and a gush and then that's it :) thanks ladies

Yep but....you know they may not go til you are well into labour and delivery?
    I am only saying that from my experience on my first where they went (Hollywood style!!) first then contractions started.But my second was contractions only-they never went.
    Do you have any feelings of cramps or pains at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This was me last time, overnight midwife was being an arse so I couldn't have been happier than to see them break all over her feet with a massive gush when I stood up from the bed after a 3am cervical check.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

This was me last time, overnight midwife was being an arse so I couldn't have been happier than to see them break all over her feet with a massive gush when I stood up from the bed after a 3am cervical check.

:pac:

They broke mine for me in the hospital - I'd been having contractions for ages but the waters didn't go on their own. My mum said her waters went first on 2 of us, then contractions started soon after. On my youngest sister she was nearly born in the sac - the waters broke as she was being born.

I am only saying that from my experience on my first where they went (Hollywood style!!) first then contractions started.But my second was contractions only-they never went.
    Do you have any feelings of cramps or pains at all??

I was thinking about that lastnight. Its possible isn't it to have no show or no waters break and head straight into contractions when things start to happen? I just hope when it does happen it just gets on with it and I don't end up in purgatory having contractions but no dialation/progress. I've been getting a pain on my right side only running from my lower back round to the side of my bump down then into my thigh...though I think it's a nerve/ligament thing that's going on. But when it happened this morning it was incredibly sore (8/10) but it's only happened three times today. Lots happening but nothing happening at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

I was thinking about that lastnight. Its possible isn't it to have no show or no waters break and head straight into contractions when things start to happen? I just hope when it does happen it just gets on with it and I don't end up in purgatory having contractions but no dialation/progress. I've been getting a pain on my right side only running from my lower back round to the side of my bump down then into my thigh...though I think it's a nerve/ligament thing that's going on. But when it happened this morning it was incredibly sore (8/10) but it's only happened three times today. Lots happening but nothing happening at the same time.

I hear you! I’ve been having back pain and front pain since 6pm yesterday.pst my mucus plug too at 11pm las night. I timed the pains and they were originally every 20 mins until they went to 10 mins this morning. At 3am I got up to go toilet and all of a sudden I felt something gush down my leg. I lay down (as per googles advice) and got back up at 5am and more came out so I assumed it was my waters leaking. Rang the hospital at 7am who said to go in but when I went in they said it wasn’t my waters. I’ve had the same leak all day so I’m not convinced it’s a non event.

I have a hospital appointment in the morning so I’ll bring it up again but I’ve had pains all day and my back aches so much feel like it’s all happening but it isn’t too

Oh yeah, it is.I think they say waters going first is not really the norm,most people's go towards the end of labour I believe?Again, going on my own experience, they went first on my first child and contractions started an hour or so later.On my second we went bang into contractions (after three weeks of increasing cramping) and actually she was born in the sac.I was informed of that afterwards by the midwife, obviously I didn't notice that happening at the time!!!There's a multitude of ways for it to start - unfortunately!!As far as I remember I had a show on both but it was a good week or two before anything happened and it just looked like (TMI) a greatly increased amount of mucus once when I went to the toilet.You wouldn't be sure.

Beside the obvious thing of waters gushing I go by the pains.Believe me if they are the real thing- you will know.I think I have heard them say if you can't talk through them (and they are regular) then that's usually it.But they can build up quite gradually over time so it can be hard to know until they are really going.I am always happy to feel those cramps, it means my body is gearing up to do it itself.Eventually!

Lots of information here, thanks Shesty.. The waters breaking is an interesting one so really it could go at any time.. I hope you ok bobeep?
    I only thought of keeping some pads out for when the waters break, I had all of mine packed away already must go through the bag and keep some out..

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

In the little booklet they gave me in the Rotunda, they recommend sleeping with a towel underneath you as you get towards the end, in case your waters break in the bed and soak your mattress. You can also get these which go under the sheet, but on top of the mattress. They're designed as a safeguard in case kids wet the bed, but when you're in the hospital if your waters have broken, they'll be putting things identical to these underneath you to absorb any additional leaks, so they'd definitely be absorbent enough for waters breaking.

very good idea with the huggies sheets, mum actually gave us some of these to use on the small mattress and we ended up using them for the dog when she got an infection, they are super absorbent.

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    very good idea with the huggies sheets, mum actually gave us some of these to use on the small mattress and we ended up using them for the dog when she got an infection, they are super absorbent.

Yeah they're exactly like the training pads you can get for puppies! When I was in labour first time around myself and the hubby had a good laugh about how the dog was going to be put out if she found out I was using her wee-wee mats :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Best of luck today lashes will be thinking of you <3

haha Toots..I suppose tis good to know they are usefull for many things..

Yes best of luck Lashes!! Will be thinking of you today the sun is shinning here so must be a good sign..

Thanks girls. Had the gel at 1030 and just had lunch. Its going to be a long process Im thinking.

Its a fab day alright Milly

Tis lovely to see the sun.. First step done then, I hope it works.

Do you mind me asking are you waiting around the hospital now or kinda staying close to town or do you go home..

Have a bed in Catherines Ward, wont be going home without baby!

Nothing stirring so far, another exam and more gel at 430.

Beside the obvious thing of waters gushing I go by the pains.Believe me if they are the real thing- you will know.I think I have heard them say if you can't talk through them (and they are regular) then that's usually it.But they can build up quite gradually over time so it can be hard to know until they are really going.I am always happy to feel those cramps, it means my body is gearing up to do it itself.Eventually!

Ok sorry for more questions, I just don't have a clue and I don't want to have this baby at home!! I'm had pains again just now that I would call lightening pains - in my vagina - they are very intense, stopping me walking/talking and I have to breath through them. They're not in my belly/abdomen. They pretty much go away if I lie down, bar light twinges and I'm getting some very mild cramping in my belly, like bowel cramps on & off. Baby is moving a lot. Am I right in thinking these are NOT contractions...? If they weren't so sore I'd pass no heed but they're really very painful and it all feels so close to the exit door! There's nothing regular about this, I last had this on Wed evening. I've had no show and no sign of waters breaking or leaking.

I'm no doctor, can you ring your hospital's emergency department and just explain what you are feeling? It sounds like something might be getting ready to start, but I would ring the hospital to be safe, I really don't want to advise you over the internet!

I would be calling the hospital too,just to be sure to be sure.. Hope you have someone with you and you are ok...

Waiting patiently then Lashes, fingers crossed for second gel.. So you do get a bed and that, we were just saying last night that the doc the last day told me nothing, bar that the induction was booked for the 21st and this is what they would do.. Thinking of you all...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wife is nearing the finish line. Signs are there. :)

Here's the birthing room partially set up:
    436318.jpg

Advertisement