Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Ya yer right I should ring in. I tried the midwives (rather than emergency) but couldn't get through so I'll try again in a while just to talk it through. It completely stopped again though and I went and had a shower, when I tried to raise my leg to do a bit of shaving I got the pains again and it stopped as soon as I put my leg down. So I think it's lightening pains from the baby slowly scooching downwards a bit more and getting ready. But I will try the hospital again in a bit.

I'm very lucky my husband has finished work on annual leave now till the end of the year and then gets 6 weeks paternity leave in the New Year...! So I'm not alone thankfully...we'll probably be killing each other by Feb :-0

Thanks for the input and concern ladies...it's just a bit frustrating not knowing what's 'real' and what's not!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Ya yer right I should ring in. I tried the midwives (rather than emergency) but couldn't get through so I'll try again in a while just to talk it through. It completely stopped again though and I went and had a shower, when I tried to raise my leg to do a bit of shaving I got the pains again and it stopped as soon as I put my leg down. So I think it's lightening pains from the baby slowly scooching downwards a bit more and getting ready. But I will try the hospital again in a bit.

I'm very lucky my husband has finished work on annual leave now till the end of the year and then gets 6 weeks paternity leave in the New Year...! So I'm not alone thankfully...we'll probably be killing each other by Feb :-0

Thanks for the input and concern ladies...it's just a bit frustrating not knowing what's 'real' and what's not!

I’d ring too Incase. I went in the other day and they sent me home and while I feel like an absolute idiot, i don’t regret it because you just don’t know especially when it’s all so new and every pregnancy is different. The midwife even said she’s rather see someone ten times and nothing to come of it than someone to sit at home worrying or something to happen that could have been prevented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Never feel like a idot, sure how are we supposed to know.. Judging by it all everyone women is different (which we well know already)... I was getting pains like that justwhatithink, the last day walking around town or I done something when I lifted one leg and it was really sore. A short stabbing pain... Haha I was jumping around going yes yes tis started..

Oh Cherryghost, best of luck to ye.. Rooms looks great (how did ye get a sink in there)... I hope your wife has the experience she is hoping for now and it all goes smoothly for ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Well this isnt going to plan. All the gel done was give me desperate back pain but nothing more. On the trace now and hopefully be able to sleep then. More gel first thing.

Setup looks great cherry best of luck to you both! I’m very interested to hear how it goes, I’ve never known anyone to have a water birth before.

Hopefully tomorrow brings good news lashes. Back pain is a killer but at least you are on the final stretch

• Advertisement

The trace is that the drip? Headed out this evening for a bit of shopping and dinner, which was lovely but got chatting about the induction.. I really don't want to get the drip, now the doc the last day was like oh well this is the way it is, but defo going to ask Wens if she hasn't arrived can you just lets say go in for the gel and that's it. The doula said you could but not sure how the docs would be, hopefully they would respect our decision..

Laughed there too which hopefully is good news, my boobs were a bit annoying and just had a look and me thinks I'm leaking a bit!! Was like yes hopefully that means she is getting ready,

No the trace is to track baby heartbeat and pains for at least 20 mins. Im not getting any movement for hours but they said it looks fine. Still no movements though.

Whats the plan if gels dont work, can you request a section?

They said they cant start me on the drip until my waters go or Im dilated enough for them to break them. Is the drip meant to be that bad painwise or why dont you want it?

Hi Lashes, cant believe you are still up, I suppose there isn't much to do in there... Thanks again that's more info that the doc has given me...

Ok so they don't go lets say step 1, step 2, step 3 they wait before doing more as such or there is a bit of a wait.. The drip well for me I just don't like the idea of starting contractions false as-ly, but that is just us, our own opinion on it.. I don't want to say anything that would put you off...

Everyone keeps telling me that they go very quiet before they are born so maybe that is a good sign..

Any info is appreciated as I havent a clue.

They will do 5 gels and if waters cant be broken its section time. I'd nearly request 1 if gel number 3 doesnt work as this is rotten. Dont know if that would be allowed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hi lashes... just popping in as I love seeing birth stories and saw the thread on the front page. I had a similar experience to you with induction... took a seriously long time for anything to happen and very frustrating! I also had the bad back pain which turned out to be back labour as my daughter was facing the wrong way!

• Advertisement

I’m just heading to bed but will be thinking of you! Think they were using a different gel at the time as usually they’d only use two consultant told me but they did a third anyway and that was the one that just let me dilate enough for her to break my waters.... I got to delivery suite and had waters broken and epidural sites for early epidural to let me get some sleep as it had been two nights of back pain and no sleep! I was hooked up to syntocin drop and dilated to 10cm pretty quickly after that

Thanks angel, always good to hear from people that have gone through it.

See I've heard of back labour but assumed they'd mention if that was it. Can they tell the way the baby is lying as they only say head is way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

lashes34 wrote: »
    Thanks angel, always good to hear from people that have gone through it.

See I've heard of back labour but assumed they'd mention if that was it. Can they tell the way the baby is lying as they only say head is way down.

The midwife nurse at my GPs was able to tell me a few weeks back that the baby was on its back, just by feeling my bump. But it turned again itself since (I spent some time on my hands & knees/across the ball to help it) and they can turn in labour too. My consultant said he wouldn't have worried about it anyways as you have to wait and see what they do in labour. The back pain it causes isn't pleasant though alright, hope things are progressing for you st this stage.

Lashes sorry to hear things haven't moved, darn it...Id say go with what ever you are feeling will work for you trust your instincts... That's what the doula keep saying to us and don't be afraid to ask for what you want either, that just because you might get a funny look of some of the docs doesn't mean what you are asking is madness...

Will be thinking of you too

Tearing my hair out at this stage, last of the gels done. Said she's hoping to be able to break waters in the morning and put me on the drip. Going crazy.

lashes34 wrote: »
    Tearing my hair out at this stage, last of the gels done. Said she's hoping to be able to break waters in the morning and put me on the drip. Going crazy.

Oh lashes that’s horrible! I hope tomorrow brings better news for you! Not long left though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

God you poor thing lashes. Hope something starts to happen for you soon.
    Isn't it mad how it's all so different from person to person.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ah lashes! Hoping it all kicks off for you during the night and you don't have to wait too much longer.

I really have everything crossed for you Lashes... the first time anyone said anything about baby being back to back was much later in proceedings! Depending on your Bump the midwives might be able to tell from having a good feel. In my case they told me at night on day two of nothing happening induction that it would be a section the next day but by the following morning she could just about break waters so I hope you have a similar thing if not some action overnight!

Thanks guys. Im seriously going crazy, have hours of pains lasting over a minute coming every 5 and then it stops. In the middle of another batch right now. Its torture getting the pains and it doing nothing internally.

Im in the ward by myself, everyone else moved to labour ward!

• Advertisement

I’m at home and have had backache all day long it’s coming and going but feels like contractions but only in my back. Got into the bath and that slowed it to every 20 mins but I’m back out now and they are coming every 5 mins and lasting 30 seconds, I’m obviously not in Labour but they are so sore....don’t know how I’ll cope when I am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'd call the hospital if I was you, it could be early back labour.

Surely they’ll just tell me to stay at home and rest?! I really don’t wanna be the person who constantly rings them but they are sore...like it passes but it’s still sore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

They will always say it’s better to ring and there be no issue than not say anything and for it to be something of note.

True they said to take a bath and take 2 paracetamol and try get some sleep if possible. I’ve already done the bath so I’m gonna take the 2 tablets and see if I can rest

True they said to take a bath and take 2 paracetamol and try get some sleep if possible. I’ve already done the bath so I’m gonna take the 2 tablets and see if I can rest

Hope you get some sleep and the pain is the start of something!

Jes I cant believe tis not working Lashes! I would have thought by the way they talk about it, it was great.. If you want me to drop anything into let me know. You should send himself off to get you some nice pampering things to ease the time...

Going to start on the old raspberry leaf tea this evening, try and get things moving

Milly, if you are having issues drinking the 3-4 cups of raspberry leaf tea a day (I was), I drink it cold. I find it easier to drink and find it tastes nicer as well. I make up a litre in the morning and put it in the fridge to cool then drink through the day.

Whether it makes any difference is another matter though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I've heard a small amount of clary sage is meant to be quite potent?I can't remember if it's burning or using in a bath, maybe google it.But only use very sparingly and after due date has passed.

• Advertisement

I tried it for the first time last night, I thought twas loverly in fairness... And dya know great minds Bee I thought of that saying right I will put a batch on to have in my water bottle.... Must make up some more there...

Had a bad night sleeping last night, 7 this morning eventually fell asleep.. People do the oddiest things this taxi driver drove into the estate and relieved himself right underneath the street light in the middle of the estate.. I looked out just wondering why the engine was still running..

More tea today then, I really want to meet the little miss now...Tea and walks is planned for today maybe a bath later.... Clary Sage I shall look up that one Shesty.. I'm 5 days over now, so impatient...
    I hope lashes has movement today...

Advertisement