Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Have they told you when they’d do the induction if you don’t go naturally Milly?

In CUMH it’s 10 days after the due date so that’s the date I have in my head now to manage my expectations. If I go earlier then it’s a bonus. The baby hasn’t dropped for me yet so I don’t think I’ll go this week.

I’m hoping no news here is good news for Lashes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was thinking that too if she hasn't been on, perhaps things have moved along.. I hope so....

Yep they said the 21st that's in Galway, so the same as you the go 10 days over... I laugh though Lashes has given me more information than the doc did when she gave me the induction date.. She just said I will put you down for induction on the 21st that's it... Now I must got into the doc there the day beforehand so I take it they will tell me more, but have never even asked me do I want an induction, do I know what they do, anything.. To be honest both of us really don't want to have one.. Id nearly go another week before thinking about it

Hmm, maybe they assume you went through it in the ante natal classes? We did here anyway. They also said the reason they induce in Cork at 10 days is because any longer and the placenta starts to become less effective. 2 weeks over would be the absolute max they would let someone go.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

I’m due today but Mullingar is the same 10days over and they’ll Induce. I don’t think I can do another 10days of this. I’ve started timing the back pains coz they feel like contractions and they are about 7 mins apart last 50seconds. Gonna keep an eye on them and ring the hospital if they continue. I’m trying to change position every so often to make sure they are genuine if that makes sense.

Really hope all is going well for lashes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just popping back in to wish everyone luck and have a wonderful Christmas with the new little ones.

Also lashes I had a failed induction on my first in the Coombs. 5 gels and nothing. Plan was to section the next day but I went myself overnight in the end and it was very fast. Fingers crossed for you

Also to say I didn’t know my waters had gone. They went to break them in the delivery ward as my contractions were 1.5 mins apart and it turned out they were gone. I couldn’t tell you when. My best guess is peeing after the last trace that night. I was bursting so maybe didn’t notice

• Advertisement

I’m due today but Mullingar is the same 10days over and they’ll Induce. I don’t think I can do another 10days of this. I’ve started timing the back pains coz they feel like contractions and they are about 7 mins apart last 50seconds. Gonna keep an eye on them and ring the hospital if they continue. I’m trying to change position every so often to make sure they are genuine if that makes sense.

Really hope all is going well for lashes

You poor thing. You are right to time them and if they are getting closer together and not going away when changing position I’d say they would be contractions.

Thanks mirrorwall! I hope the new year brings you some good news too, I’ve been following your posts and am glad to see positive moves.

It’s the total unknown in all of this that gets me but that’s life eh

Thanks Mirrowall have a wonderfull Christmas too and thanks for the words of wisdom....

Went for a walk today was laughing normally it would take 20mins, id say we took and hour.. Felt dizzy and kinda sick, wondering could that be the ras tea? but started talking about Christmas dinner then and had to go get turkey to make sambos, was starving.. Feel better now after like a sandwich and a half.. mmmm Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas.

Beep hope this is it for you now :) would be great and very exciting...Have a feeling I will go tonight but then felt like I would go early but just want it over with now

Milly33 wrote: »
    Thanks Mirrowall have a wonderfull Christmas too and thanks for the words of wisdom....

Went for a walk today was laughing normally it would take 20mins, id say we took and hour.. Felt dizzy and kinda sick, wondering could that be the ras tea? but started talking about Christmas dinner then and had to go get turkey to make sambos, was starving.. Feel better now after like a sandwich and a half.. mmmm Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas.

Beep hope this is it for you now :) would be great and very exciting...Have a feeling I will go tonight but then felt like I would go early but just want it over with now

Oh Milly I hope you do, I know how uncomfortable it is at this stage! I’ll keep fingers and toes crossed for you! I think we are all so close but it feels so far away

That's it, I have that song from enchanted in my head now So Close to reaching that famous happy end!! :) Ah tis just to have them here would be great...Seems like life is on pause

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

How are all you ladies getting on I had my baby last Monday via section still feel out of it. On tablets have no appetite and diarrhea. Feel as if I'm drugged and missing out on these precious days with my little man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Awh congrats Dec mum. God you poor thing. That doesn't sound nice at all.

Can you maybe talk to your nurse or gp about your medication?

Milly33 wrote: »

I’ve actually felt dizzy the odd time and sick as well. Usually if I ate something or drank water I felt better so put it down to dehydration or hunger but I googled it since you mentioned it and both can be a side effect of the raspberry leaf tea. It was my midwife who mentioned drinking the tea but I’m going to mention it again at my next appointment just in case and maybe drink a bit less.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Just double check the effects and the use of sage first because I believe it's quite potent.

Decmum, talk to someone if you need to, try to go easy on yourself.Had an extended stay in hospital after my first including a d&c (so general anaesthetic and lots of antibiotics) and it's very hard on you and your emotions and how you feel.I had a great bond with my little one but it definitely had an effect on me, being separated after the birth on and off over a couple of weeks for various reasons.So be sure to tell people how you feel and to take it easy on yourself.Take plenty of bonding time and don't feel selfish about it...you and the baba are no.1 priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

bee06 wrote: »
    Hmm, maybe they assume you went through it in the ante natal classes? We did here anyway. They also said the reason they induce in Cork at 10 days is because any longer and the placenta starts to become less effective. 2 weeks over would be the absolute max they would let someone go.

It's generally 14 days in Dublin hospitals and the NHS let women go over by 14.You're not overdue technically till 42 weeks. I'd take hospital policies with a pinch of salt.They are not evidence based best practice in this country unfortunately. If you really don't want to induced and if there is no medical reason unique to your situation just say you want a few more days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Christmas will be a deadline for many hospitals, they like to clear the decks, so to speak, before it comes.Bear it in mind in case you feel you are being put under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thinking of you lashes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Thanks guys for the well wishes. Baby girl finally born at 17:47, am exhausted.

So glad to have it over with, best of luck to everyone waiting.

lashes34 wrote: »

Congrats Lashes! Wow, you really had a tough time ... enjoy Christmas with your little one now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ah fantastic Lashes. Delighted for you. Another wee girl xx
    What did you call her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations Lashes! :)

Jadie - my (NHS) hospital offers induction from 11 days over but is open to frequent monitoring until 14 ish days over. I was booked for induction at 41+5 with my son but he arrived of his own accord at 41+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Congrats Lashes, that's great news, glad that part is over for you now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Congratulations Lashes! :)

Jadie - my (NHS) hospital offers induction from 11 days over but is open to frequent monitoring until 14 ish days over. I was booked for induction at 41+5 with my son but he arrived of his own accord at 41+1.

Yes that's good they offer women choices. Unfortunately they don't do that monitoring here it's all down to hospital policy, timetables etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Congratulations enjoy your little girl

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Huge congratulations Lashes34 you must thrilled to have it over with! At least you will be home and slightly settled by Christmas Day! You had such a tough time but now it’s over! Best of luck over the next few days and congrats again 🀰👶ðŸ½ðŸŽ€

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations lashes! Delighted the little one finally decided to make an entrance :D

Baby boy born this morning at 6:30am, no name yet but we are thrilled! What an experience!!!

Congrats Little BoBeep! I love seeing all these birth announcements :)

Ah well done all!Congratulations!
    It is an amazing experience :-) There is nothing like it in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Baby boy born this morning at 6:30am, no name yet but we are thrilled! What an experience!!!

That's great news, congrats.

Advertisement