Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Congrats Lashes and LittleBo, very exciting. Soon the December thread will be finished and it will be January and then February which is when I am due :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Congrats Lashes and LittleBo, very exciting. Soon the December thread will be finished and it will be January and then February which is when I am due :eek:

If you could get this Dec one wrapped up a bit quicker I'd be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I’m right there with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I can imagine!
    bee06 wrote: »
    I’m right there with you!
    Hopefully both of ye will have beautiful healthy babies in the next few days just in time for Christmas.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Baby boy born this morning at 6:30am, no name yet but we are thrilled! What an experience!!!

Congratulations!!

• Advertisement

Starting to get fed up now, kinda wish the consultant hadn't been so positive at last Wed check up that he didn't think he'd be seeing me again. Every second day there seems to be some bit of activity that makes me think this is it starting and then nothing happens. Really don't want to end up sitting till after Xmas and havta be induced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah delighted for ye both and can say well jealous... Spent half this morning playing trying pressure points to get this started... So happy for you lashes hope your little girl is just amazing and boobeep you must be delighted to have it over with...

I'm with you justwhatithink, everything that happens I'm lke that's it, that is working now.. Bit of back pain after using those pressure points last night,and yeah I did it I massaged my own boobs, anything at this stage.. Have had a few twinges and I am just hoping that is a start to them.. Going to try and be as active today as possible, starting with making chocolate macroons as I know that will help....

Any news Cherryghost?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Baby boy born this morning at 6:30am, no name yet but we are thrilled! What an experience!!!
    Congratulations on your little man

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Congratulations LittleBoPeep! A baby boy amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Ah congrats guys, love hearing these birth announcements. Milly are you still booked for induction Thursday? I can PM you some more info if you like so you're more mentally prepped as to whats to come?

Best of luck everyone still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Thanks so much everyone for the well wishes! All trying to get used to each other but so far it’s been ok! Still sore but taking painkillers when needed. I’m in until tomorrow if not Thursday.

Best of luck to the ladies still waiting! Hopefully ye go before Christmas. The night we came in the hospital said it was mental busy because people were trying to get induced before christmas. I know 5 babies were born the same night as ours which I believe is a lot!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Our little one came this morning :) She put up a fight though!

OH began 10m contractions Fri night, went on into Sat and Sun. Mondy morning and it was one every 3 minutes. So midwife came over and everything was set up. Unfortunately after many checks and remedies, she only managed 4cm dilation by 5pm. So we went to hospital. She spent another 7 hours with Gas+Air and Oxytoc, but dilation didnt expand. Got epidural and from about midnight to 9am she got to 8cm dilation. Unfortunately at that time the babys head moved and thus didnt drop down far enough. So it got to the point where every party involved was only happy doing a c-section. Baby arrived 10:06, healthy 3.1kg. Very emotional. I got sent home though because I was sick so the wife is now on her own in hospital with the baby :( Parents will call over to her after.

Oh I read that the weight was 10pound :O haha Congratulations to ye both and well done to your wife.That sounds like quite the labour, that little baby really wanted to make sure everyone knew they were on the way id say.. I hope your wife recovers now and ye get to spend a loverly Christmas together.. You also hope you are feeling better, I have a great home remedy drink involving some garlic pulp if you want the recipe...

Yeah still booked in for Thursday Lashes, do you know if you would not mind sending me on the info that would be great. Your a star, I hope you are feeling ok.... Are you home now? Have people talked to the midwife and all that coming up to the last days, we still haven't spoken to anyone as normally you never get to see the same doc.. Botherd and not bothered over it now, but then I think I have just too much time to be thinking now...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Congrats cherry! Fair play to your wife for enduring all of that, can’t have been easy for either of you especially when ye had a birth plan. Enjoy every minute with her now. Hopefully you feel better soon too, plenty of time for cuddles and endless memories at home!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations cherryghost! Glad to hear baba arrived safely, even if it wasn't under the Christmas tree, as originally planned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Our little one came this morning :) She put up a fight though!

OH began 10m contractions Fri night, went on into Sat and Sun. Mondy morning and it was one every 3 minutes. So midwife came over and everything was set up. Unfortunately after many checks and remedies, she only managed 4cm dilation by 5pm. So we went to hospital. She spent another 7 hours with Gas+Air and Oxytoc, but dilation didnt expand. Got epidural and from about midnight to 9am she got to 8cm dilation. Unfortunately at that time the babys head moved and thus didnt drop down far enough. So it got to the point where every party involved was only happy doing a c-section. Baby arrived 10:06, healthy 3.1kg. Very emotional. I got sent home though because I was sick so the wife is now on her own in hospital with the baby :( Parents will call over to her after.

Congratulations on your baby girl

Milly33 wrote: »
    Have people talked to the midwife and all that coming up to the last days, we still haven't spoken to anyone as normally you never get to see the same doc.. Botherd and not bothered over it now, but then I think I have just too much time to be thinking now...

I've a check up tomorrow and we'll be discussing 'an exit plan', I'll let you know how it goes. But my friend is also a week over in the same hospital (different consultant) and had her check up today. They basically gave her a choice to wait another few days with a scan & check up on Friday, or get an induction arranged now. So it's good to see she wasn't forced to do one or the other - I can only assume I'll get the same spiel tomorrow.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Have people talked to the midwife and all that coming up to the last days, we still haven't spoken to anyone as normally you never get to see the same doc.. Botherd and not bothered over it now, but then I think I have just too much time to be thinking now...

I have a midwife appointment on Friday (I’ll be 40+3 then) and I’ll be bringing it up then. My last hospital apppointment was at 36+3 so it was too early at that stage.

I have my app too tomorrow justwhatithink so hopefully they will say more. Just I have never meet with the same one, or well I only met two I think in the entire pregnancy and that was basic a hello, how are you... Just the same as going in to meet the student docs...

Nearly killed myself laughing tryng to get ready to go shopping, I swear if someone saw me I'm bopping around the place listening to Christmas fm while doing squats and drying the hair.. makes for some fun scenes.. Ladies I hope all who are due soon go asap, so we can relax a bit more and enjoy Christmas

Got home today Milly, so glad to be home. Feel calmer now just being home and having my husband to help. Found the nights really tough going on my own.

Will PM you shortly.

• Advertisement

All fine today. Consultant was surprised baby hadn't already arrived given how far down baby is and all the lightening pains I've had. Opted to wait a few more days with a scan booked for Saturday to get the exact lay of the land and assess how likely it is that induction will work with a view then to booking the induction if I haven't already gone myself. So just a bit more waiting to be done, things still look good it just needs to get a move on! Loads of activity just nothing coming of it. I need to start making a better effort to encourage it I think!

How'd today go Milly?

Thank you so much again Lashes all your information was great.. Just stopping now after a long day... So all systems are go for tomorrow.. Have been feeling twinges all day but nothing major.. Anywho the appointment went great had the lady with the great shoes :).. She was great today was kinda surprised not more had been said to me.. Thanks to you lahses I knew more which I said to her and kinda mentioned the trainee doc didn't provide me with much. But anywho going in tomorrow for the induction.

She explained that lets say if my cervix was dilated I would not need the gels, that they may just go straight to breaking the waters, and regarding the drip which I don't like she re-assured me it will not be done unless really needed.. So felt much better.. Spent a few hours in town, back home them to get the dog groomed, out then again to get the last of the chrismtas shopping.. Dinner, wrapping of pressies and finally getting to chill... I'm nervous kinda once I start thinking about it and my heartburn is wicked.. But I did pass my plug which I was delighted with.. never thought I would be so happy to see it..

So all going to plan out little lady will arrive tomorrow or Friday.. Probably wont be back on this as don't have a smart phone.. best of luck justwhatithink and too all.. Ill be back to report how it goes. Happy Christmas Everyone xxx

Best of luck Milly, I'm sure baby will be here before you know it x

You're welcome, glad you found it helpful. Best of luck tomorrow.

thanks ladies... Had to get up and have a cuppa.. No sleep with too much heartburn

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Best of luck milly. Will be thinking of you today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

We had a baby boy arrived last night at 1:09 9 pound 11 ounces had to go through a section but mam and baby are doing great it's just the most perfect thing ever better than any feeling I could ever have imagined

We had a baby boy arrived last night at 1:09 9 pound 11 ounces had to go through a section but mam and baby are doing great it's just the most perfect thing ever better than any feeling I could ever have imagined

Wow, a big baby! Congrats!

• Advertisement

Congrats, that is a good big healthy baby. Good to hear all are well.

Advertisement