Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Congratulations to everyone on their baby news! I’m finding it hard to keep up!! New Year’s Eve is my due date so will still be waiting a while! Best of luck to all the new mum and dads over this extra special Christmas!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Had my check up at 40+3 this morning. All good fluid and blood pressure wise. The head was engaged which I was surprised at because I didn’t think it had even dropped yet. Then she did the internal exam. I said I didn’t want a sweep but then she checked the cervix she said I was 1 cm dialated and cervix was nice and soft and said I could go into labour at any time! She asked if I was sure about the sweep so I said work away ... I thought it would be uncomfortable but I didn’t feel anything. She then said I was 2-3 cm dialated and was really surprised that I wasn’t getting any cramps etc. She said she’d be shocked if I didn’t go by tomorrow but booked me in for an induction next Friday just in case. It would be breaking the waters rather than gels since I’m already dialated.

So now I’m at home bouncing on my ball waiting for something to happen. She also said if I feel any regulars pains to go straight in as she thinks I could labour quickly. It was all a bit mad since I was sure nothing was happening!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Keep bouncing Bee06!!Maybe have a bath too??All good signs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

That all sounds very positive Bee, fingers crossed for movement soon. I'm hoping to hear something positive tomorrow at my scan & exam. Was up all night again with pains but once again they went away and nothing happening. I might try a bath now too - how hot should it be, like hot or warm?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Our baby arrived home yesterday safe and sound. Wife breastfed for a long time last night and the baby slept 7 (SEVEN) hours last night so both managed a great sleep. She's a different woman today :) Midwife came over also to check in, all is well.

• Advertisement

Huge congratulations Cherryghost that’s amazing 7 hours!! Of course she would be like a new woman! Long may it last!!

Wow Bee great to get a few cm dilated and not even know it! Hopefully your labour will be nice and short! Hopefully a sign of things to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

I got home wednesday. Baby has night and day confused so deep sleeps during the day and from midnight to 7am is a different child. He won’t settle in the Moses basket at night and is generally just a light sleeper then. The hospital reckon a month will see him right.

It’s tough at the best of times but so worth it. We are just so in love with him. Trying to get used to it and find a routine. I find it hard trying to sleep on command when he does but we will get there.

Best of luck to those still waiting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Aww, they all do that in some form!Just keep bringing him to bed round same time every night (whatever time suits you for now), trying to do things in the same 'routine' as best you can (it's tough the first few weeks,but you will, your own bed routine adapts and he'll get used to that, that's enough of a routine for him for now) , keep lights low, and off or low if awake at night.I expect nothing from the first six weeks except to teach them night from day and lots of feeding obviously!!!

Had a scan and check up this morning. Everything is fine with baby & fluid but it wasn't the positive news I was hoping for on the readiness front. Baby is down but not fully down and my cervix is still very high, too high even for her to do a sweep which I was considering (but she was in no way pushing on me). After all the pains and cramps and activity I've had (and my consultant telling me he thought I'd already be gone) I really thought I was doing better than this. So now I'm booked for induction on Wednesday which I was really hoping to avoid (and really wanna avoid a section too). With this lack of progress it Looks like I will be the last one standing here, but I guess someone has to be.

Good to hear the rest of you are settling in home with the bubs.

If it’s any consolation, despite all the positive things we were told yesterday at my appointment nothing is happening! Still no cramps, pressure nada. I did have a show earlier but I don’t think that’s any indication. Booked in for induction next Friday and I wouldn’t be surprised if I made it to then!

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    If it’s any consolation, despite all the positive things we were told yesterday at my appointment nothing is happening! Still no cramps, pressure nada. I did have a show earlier but I don’t think that’s any indication. Booked in for induction next Friday and I wouldn’t be surprised if I made it to then!

Oh that is frustrating too I'm sure Bee. But with some favourability there you'd never know it might get a stir on for you yet by itself, I hope it does. I'm just having a very self-indulgent fed up moany day today, just disappointed things aren't more positive.

Oh that is frustrating too I'm sure Bee. But with some favourability there you'd never know it might get a stir on for you yet by itself, I hope it does. I'm just having a very self-indulgent fed up moany day today, just disappointed things aren't more positive.

Well, I think I’d nearly prefer to hang in until after Christmas Day anyway at this stage and just enjoy the turkey etc. It’s the not knowing either way is the head wreak! We’ll get there in the end anyway :)

Its nearly worse when the doctor is telling you how much progress you're making, it gives you hope you might early or soon!!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Had a scan and check up this morning. Everything is fine with baby & fluid but it wasn't the positive news I was hoping for on the readiness front. Baby is down but not fully down and my cervix is still very high, too high even for her to do a sweep which I was considering (but she was in no way pushing on me). After all the pains and cramps and activity I've had (and my consultant telling me he thought I'd already be gone) I really thought I was doing better than this. So now I'm booked for induction on Wednesday which I was really hoping to avoid (and really wanna avoid a section too). With this lack of progress it Looks like I will be the last one standing here, but I guess someone has to be.

It's not over til induction day! You could still go yourself - I was told I'd be booked for induction the following week on my son, and then I went into labour on my own. They can move from "not ready" to "ready" in a very short space of time.

Thanks for the encouraging messages ladies. You're right Shesty about the Dr, I'd rather he hadn't been so positive/optimistic. I should just focus on trying to make a nice Xmas day now for the two of us (this turkey dinnner should be interesting, ha) and as you say Toots, who knows what'll happen. Gotta get my positivity hat back on.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You never know, a good big turkey dinner might just kick the whole thing off!

Toots wrote: »
    You never know, a good big turkey dinner might just kick the whole thing off!

Ha, you'd never know. Good excuse to stuff myself ... not that I really needed one!

I had it too....cramps, contractions, the works, ....five weeks of "I won't be seeing you again!"....finally ended up being booked in for induction and two hours before my alarm clock was due to go off so we could go to the hospital, I woke up in full labour :-).You're right, enjoy your turkey dinner and eat plenty!

shesty wrote: »
    I had it too....cramps, contractions, the works, ....five weeks of "I won't be seeing you again!"....finally ended up being booked in for induction and two hours before my alarm clock was due to go off so we could go to the hospital, I woke up in full labour :-).You're right, enjoy your turkey dinner and eat plenty!

Maybe you'll be my good omen so

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

It’s tough at the best of times but so worth it. We are just so in love with him. Trying to get used to it and find a routine. I find it hard trying to sleep on command when he does but we will get there.

Best of luck to those still waiting.
    Don’t even try for a routine until 3/4 months. Go with the flow. Enjoy your baby. Read up on the fourth trimester. Growth spurts and developmental leaps change everything so you will drive yourself mad trying to get a tiny baby into a routine

• Advertisement

Don’t worry justwhatithink I’m due December 31st and this baby is in no rush to move at all! Not one bit engaged so it will be a January baby I’d say.

I haven’t had one cramp, twinge, pain or show! 39 weeks tomorrow! Could I still just suddenly go into labour or would I have to have some sort of indication over a few days/weeks beforehand if I was to go into labour? Like what I’m asking is am I weeks away still? I’m sometimes a little bit uncomfortable but not really! I haven’t even gotten to that I’m so sick of being pregnant stage yet!!! Which I hear most people complain about at the end stage!! So I’m just wondering is it cos I’m no where near labour that my body hasn’t started to give out yet? I don’t know if this post makes sense sorry!!

Pocos wrote: »
    Don’t worry justwhatithink I’m due December 31st and this baby is in no rush to move at all! Not one bit engaged so it will be a January baby I’d say.

I haven’t had one cramp, twinge, pain or show! 39 weeks tomorrow! Could I still just suddenly go into labour or would I have to have some sort of indication over a few days/weeks beforehand if I was to go into labour? Like what I’m asking is am I weeks away still? I’m sometimes a little bit uncomfortable but not really! I haven’t even gotten to that I’m so sick of being pregnant stage yet!!! Which I hear most people complain about at the end stage!! So I’m just wondering is it cos I’m no where near labour that my body hasn’t started to give out yet? I don’t know if this post makes sense sorry!!

My mom has had 5 kids and said she never had any signs that she would go into labour. She went early for all of us as well. I think it’s just different for everyone really.

Thanks bee06! I supppse I hear of others saying they had cramps a few days or false alarms for a few weeks! I haven’t had a thing! I supppse I was expecting to be very uncomfortable at this late stage and I’m not!!! But as you said everyone is different! And I’m def not complaining about not being uncomfortable! I’m just pleasantly surprised I suppose :)

Thanks for the reply!

Pocos my friend is due the same day as me so we're both 10 days overdue now. She hasn't really had any pains, cramps etc so it does just differ from one to the next.

I'm just getting annoyed now cause I thought my body was doing something it's not. I've had chronic back & tailbone pain for 6 months with the pregnancy and I thought well maybe I'll catch a break for delivery and go natural. But it is what it is I guess, can't really control it, it may happen by itself yet. My sister in law last year went on her due date with no warning, just slight waters trickle and into contractions. So you just don't know.

Funnily enough if I count 40 weeks from when I believe baby was 'made' it brings me to this weekend, rather than last Wed which is the due date based on first day of last period! I should have stayed focused on my own date rather than the standard formula.

Mothers are funny. Mine says she forgets to everything I ask her. I think the fact they weren't as informed as we are or have access to over analyse like we do (thanks Google) it's not as ingrained in their brains as it is for us.

I'd say enjoy the peace your body is giving you Poco, what will be will be.

Thanks justwhatithink.. oh well I’m not surprised you are frustrated after ten days over! You would be at this point!

Ah I know I’m just finding it funny not to be crampy and uncomfortable and in pain! But as you said I should enjoy it which I am! Especially now with Christmas it would be great if baby stayed put over the next few days!

Hopefully something will start happening for you soon too! Ten days over its tough going esp so close to Christmas Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Our little girl is a week old now and doing great. The days in the hospital were pure torture but its much better now we're home. Hubby back to work Friday and hoping I can cope when hes gone. He'll be gone at least 14 hours a day but only 3 days most weeks.

Best of luck to those waiting. Milly dying to hear how you got on!

Nothing like being in your own home, I'm sure ye'll enjoy the coming week now together Lashes, it'll be a special time.

And Happy Christmas to all, hope you all enjoy your day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Congratulations to all the new mums and babies!

Hope everybody is having a lovely Christmas!

I’m not due for another couple of days but starting to get pains like period cramps on and off that are stopping me in my tracks and feel baby must have dropped as there’s more pressure down there and the bathroom trips are very frequent!

Still no idea how I’ll know when I’m actually in labour, hoping for a dramatic water break or something that will let me know, otherwise I fear I could be that person who turns up to the hospital several times just to be sent home!

Figrolls, if you time your pains proper contractions will get closer and closer together and last for longer. If in doubt ring the hospital first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello ladies hello... Finally back home and well, ok our beautiful little girl is here at last but well it was fun and today trying to get home has been rather stressfull, tyring to figure out now if she is doing ok on the breastfeed I think she is but himself keeps saying she is quiet.. I don't want to be the look I'm right but me thinks I am...

Anywho back to it we have our little angel here... With the best head of black hair, it is so funny I love it... Ill be back with all the details I see my batts is about to die and I cant walk that fast anymore Happy Chrismtas Everyone

Advertisement