Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

6hrs at a time does seem like a lot, were you waking him to feed during the six hours? I wouldn't be too worried about it if tis only one day but if it went on I would be thinking of things to keep him occupied.. I know people say that tis too early for a routine but it isn't, unless ye want to be up all night with him id say start trying to wake him up...

Thanks again for the replies too, yeah I am not sure about the exam to be honest. When they put the gels in it wasn't pleasant lets say, reminded me of the vagina monologues piece where they talk about going to the guiney and the duckie lips :) but I never felt her rummage around down there..

Farmers wife yep you would think, but it was said when I though my waters broke that there was mec, and I was leaking a lot of stuff..That was at around 1 or 2 in the morning and I didn't get a section until 10.00pm that evening... I mentioned to the GP yesterday about the comment Not sure was it mec or waters breaking, and she said yes that was kinda silly as sure you wouldn't have the mec leak unless the waters were broken...

Good news the 6 week check up went great, herself is doing great 25 on this baby scale thing, and well her sacral dimple is closed but we are going to get a scan done to be sure, to be sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Milly33 wrote: »
    6hrs at a time does seem like a lot, were you waking him to feed during the six hours? I wouldn't be too worried about it if tis only one day but if it went on I would be thinking of things to keep him occupied.. I know people say that tis too early for a routine but it isn't, unless ye want to be up all night with him id say start trying to wake him up...

Thanks again for the replies too, yeah I am not sure about the exam to be honest. When they put the gels in it wasn't pleasant lets say, reminded me of the vagina monologues piece where they talk about going to the guiney and the duckie lips :) but I never felt her rummage around down there..

Farmers wife yep you would think, but it was said when I though my waters broke that there was mec, and I was leaking a lot of stuff..That was at around 1 or 2 in the morning and I didn't get a section until 10.00pm that evening... I mentioned to the GP yesterday about the comment Not sure was it mec or waters breaking, and she said yes that was kinda silly as sure you wouldn't have the mec leak unless the waters were broken...

Good news the 6 week check up went great, herself is doing great 25 on this baby scale thing, and well her sacral dimple is closed but we are going to get a scan done to be sure, to be sure..

I just remembered that he had pooed in me when my waters broke. I remembered it coming out when i was standin up with contractions and asked midwife what that was and she said baby made a poo. He ended up having an infection when he was born and went on penicillin and a drip but they also put that down to my waters being burst over 18 hours

Oh poor chap! A drip must look huge on a newborn :) hope he is ok now...18 hours is a long time alright, thank god herself was fine she didn't pick up any infection from it, but she was covered in mec when they delivered her, was your chap? I mean like I was glad I said to wash her before being handed to me :) they had to whisk her off to clean her up for around 20mins

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Oh poor chap! A drip must look huge on a newborn :) hope he is ok now...18 hours is a long time alright, thank god herself was fine she didn't pick up any infection from it, but she was covered in mec when they delivered her, was your chap? I mean like I was glad I said to wash her before being handed to me :) they had to whisk her off to clean her up for around 20mins

No he didnt it was just that he had pooed still in me..that must have been a bit of a fright to see that!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

A question ladies about day time sleeping...should baby be supervised at all times when sleeping? My fella is still easiest to get to sleep on me but I'm trying to break/reduce that habit now. Today he slept in his sleepy head pod on the couch in the sittingroom. We took the two hours to do some tidying and cleaning of the house and ourselves :-0. But we went in to check on him frequently and we had an audio monitor set up. Is this ok or should they be in sight at all times? If he'd sleep in the pram for me I'd wheel him to the same room but he wakes out of that within half an hour (I am going to persevere with it though to try get him napping in it for me, aside for the fact he's growing out of the Sleepyhead though it's supposedly good up till 8mths!!!!!).

• Advertisement

To me that would be justwhatithink.. once you pop in to check on them every now and again and keep an ear out incase she starts crying...

Oh the thoughts of period coming back, fecks sake... I am nearly sure it was a light period I got back last week.. Sounds strange to say I think, but with all that has been going on down there twas hard to know :)... Does it take longer to come back or something if pumping?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

I agree with Milky I wouldn’t leave them upstairs in their own while I’m downstairs but you do have to get stuff done too.

My period came back yesterday. No real cramps with it but it’s back, little man is 7 weeks tomorrow. He’s a bit consitpated at the minute so giving him cooled boiled water to help him

Does anyone still have the line on your belly? Mine s still there kinda nice to see it but I wonder will it disappear

Does anyone still have the line on your belly? Mine s still there kinda nice to see it but I wonder will it disappear

Ya I still have it. I only got it at the very end of pregnancy. It's the last little thing left now from the pregnancy (except my section scar, that's not going anywhere obviously, and my little man obviously too). My understanding is it will fade away eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I never got that but I have my stretch marks to remind in case I ever forget!

• Advertisement

I only got stretch marks in the 2 days I was been induced, I was raging after managing to avoid them for 9mths! But they completely disappeared again a few days after he was born. Not that I'd care now anyways if I still had them or if the brown line stayed, all part of the memories now for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

I never got the line but still have plenty of stretch marks and about two stone as souvenirs! I’ll take them in exchange for getting rid of pregnancy insomnia!

Also has anybody gotten really bad skin since giving birth? My face is so dry and spotty and I never have spots! Also have give like itching and bumps, have been taking Piriton but can only take them at bed time as they make you drowsy

Still, it’s all worth it for this little guy snoozing on my arms!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I have the line as well and it only appeared after he was born which is a bit odd.

Figrolls my skin is terribly dry as well.

I’ve gained a stone and none of my jeans fit me! Shopping spree needed when I have some time.

Yep desperate dry skin on my face but then it's not unusual for this time of year and all the time I spent indoors in the late pregnancy stage and after the section.

Glad to hear it, I didn't notice mine as much, only got it too the last few weeks. But tis quite noticeable now...
    The skin too mine was fairly bad all through the pregnancy and tis the same now just lots of small bumps...

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

My DD is 5 weeks old and I still have that brown line, same as other posters only came after she was born!

Does anyone’s baby grunt during the night? Our little one is desperate for grunting and kicking her legs up from about 7 every morning! She’s still asleep but keeps me awake. Anything I can do to help her?

Pocos wrote: »
    Does anyone’s baby grunt during the night? Our little one is desperate for grunting and kicking her legs up from about 7 every morning! She’s still asleep but keeps me awake. Anything I can do to help her?

My little fella starts this at 4 or 5 every morning from gas. I haven’t found a solution that works to get rid of it yet. Hoping he’s going to grow out of it soon!

My fella has done this since we got home from hospital. He kicked so much he was turning himself crossways in the crib at just a few days old ending up with his blanket over his face...he sleeps now in a Sleepyhead pod which stops him turning around and is much more cosy for him but he can still kick. Same thing though, he's asleep but we're awake with it...I recorded it cause I thought it couldn't be right but I'm told it's normal and quite common and he'll grow out of it eventually as his digestive system develops. He has probably gotten a bit better, but once he goes back down after his middle of the night feed he's much noiser...as Bee says, he's trying to push down wind and his poop. We raised his mattesss/tilted his crib but didn't make any difference. We use Infacol which has helped with his wind, PHN tells me the body doesn't absorb it so I'm ok with long term use. We make sure to give him a good winding, but there's always more...just the way he is, we've learned to be able to dose through it to some degree. It's a pity when they are sleeping that we're not getting better quality sleep but it is what it is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I was thinking of you the other night justwhatithink-went in to check 21 mth old before I got into bed, she was doing lots of little wails (between snoring) and a load of wind was coming out!!!
    The grunting does pass with time (excuse the pun) but it's just something that has always bothered her anyway, obviously still does!

we have a grunter too, sounds like a little piggy :)... And the leg kicking, I don't think it bothers then unless they are crying as such, or they will let you know if tis bothering them.. Herself gets some nasty trapped wind and the legs will go bonkers if she is lying down, she likes it when you kinda sit her on your chest and bounce her up and down. Not sure is it because tis high up or what but it works...

She snores too, was worried incase twas something wrong with her chest but the doc said tis all normal

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the replies! Unfortunately no solution so.. just another thing she will hopefully grow out of!

Yes we try wind her really well but as a poster said it’s after the middle of the night feed she doesn’t go down as deeply! Started last night from 4 am :( pity cos I’d love to deeply sleep as she sleeps!

But as long as she isn’t in too much pain I’m not as worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

We have a grunter too. He kicks so much he pulls himself down in the Moses basket (we have it slightly raised to help with reflux). I woke up the other morning and his legs were hanging out the side, nearly had a heart attack!!!

I wasn’t able to sleep with the noises before but my sister in law said they soothed her and ever since then i’ve tried to be calmer about them. He’s some snorer too, we were out with him and everyone was looking to see where the noise was!

Do you swaddle her Pocos? I love the one herself moves her little hands around and often feel bad swaddling her that she cant move them about, but then she does sleep better when they are...

Glad to hear littlebobeep someone else has a snorer :) I really didn't think they would snore this early at least they are getting a good sleep..

Hi milly I don’t swaddle her as she moves her hands so much as she sleeps! She’s 5 weeks old do you still swaddle them at that age? Was thinking of putting her into a grobag at night so see if that helps? Maybe I should try the swaddling first!

Thanks milly for the reply, no we don’t swaddle her! She’s 5 weeks old would you still swaddle her? We were told in hospital not to swaddle them so we have never swaddled her! Maybe we should try?

Does anyone here use grobags? I was wondering would that help?

Pocos wrote: »
    Thanks milly for the reply, no we don’t swaddle her! She’s 5 weeks old would you still swaddle her? We were told in hospital not to swaddle them so we have never swaddled her! Maybe we should try?

Does anyone here use grobags? I was wondering would that help?

I have a grobag but I think he’s a bit small for it yet. It looks like his head could fit through the neck opening still.

I don’t swaddle my fella either. He loves having his hands to play with and moves his legs in his sleep to get the gas moving so I don’t think it would work for us.

Sure everything is worth a try... I would think it would help alright, I have read that is it after 6 weeks you reduce the swaddling to allow them to have their hands out, so she would still be young enough to swaddle.. Could be overtirdness too that she kicks them up from there are so many reasons, bad the wind...

Herself is going into 7 weeks now, and we still swaddle her, must take note not to do the arms mind she kinda pulls out of it anyway.. Gro bags might do the trick too, but if you don't want to be spending more money the swaddle is the same thing..You can get some quite funky ones now that suit younger babies. Got excited last night again at a poo change!! :) she had a funny two days and I was thinking growth spurt and sure isn't her poo changing, everyday is so exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I still swaddle her at 7 weeks but not her arms. Dont think she'd settle like that but seems to like it. Only ever at night just to have something different in the routine as well.

Was just looking up the moro effect, I know tisnt legs kicking but tis just so cute the videos.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_reflex

• Advertisement

Was just looking up the moro effect, I know tisnt legs kicking but tis just so cute the videos.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_reflex

My little fella always does this when I put him in the crib asleep. It breaks my heart every time because it’s like he’s trying to hug me!

Advertisement