Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah so that is why you change the teats thanks OSI...Herself is fine on the the size 1 teats but she does do a bit of spluttering alright, I was thinking it was just her being greedy and gulping too much..

We are the Littlebobepp, we give her a soother but only kinda when she wants it or it calms her down when she has a little tantrum...Didn't put it together with the dribble, but could be the cause alright.. Like that is has only been the last week really she has started it...

Had one of those days where I wanted to run away..

But all is good now, has anyone applied for their babies passport yet? Find it mad that they have their own this young and laughing at the Irish Website that they still have the price in £, have herselfs first vaccines tomorrow (fingers crossed they go ok) and then planning to get her snaps down if she is happy enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

What are we supposed to give the baby for the vaccines? We've our first next week ... do I give calpol before or something I heard I'm sure ....!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What are we supposed to give the baby for the vaccines? We've our first next week ... do I give calpol before or something I heard I'm sure ....!
    You give 3 doses altogether, not 2. So it's a dose at time of vaccines then another about 6 hours later then another one another 6 hours after that. It states it in all the info you get about vaccines to give the 3 doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Don’t give calpol before because it could mask a fever. The baby can’t get the vaccines if they already have a fever and the GP/nurse should check for this before giving the vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Im awake and she's asleep! First night in ages she's slept so long and Im wide awake, doesnt seem fair!

I applied for her passport 4 weeks ago today and havent received it yet. Said would be a max of 3 weeks so glad we're not relying on their timeline.

She had her vaccinations Monday, nurse checked her temp and was fine so gave her calpol before giving them. We then had to give it 4 hours later and 4 hours again after that. She was ok after, slept a lot. Randomly woke up bawling crying but only ever for a short time and then she'd sleep again.

Typical Lashes,glad to hear she is settling but darn it that you cannot rest... They are slow enough so with the passports, thanks for the tip of.. I was going to get some pics down today but like (I know tis vain) she has lots of spots at the moment was hoping they would clear up.. How long do they get the passport for actually?

I am hoping she is ok for her vaccine now, she is a little off the last two days. Putting it down to a growth spurt... Poops changing, and a few other bits all indicating towards it.. Tried her on the infacol too, thinking it doesn't agree with her at all... If she is anything like me tis probably too sweet for her and upsets her even more..

Milly, the rotovirus vaccine can mess with their digestion for a while, upset stomach, diarrhoea etc in some babies.

Edit, oops I thought she’d had her vaccines but I read your post again and she hasn’t :)

Oh man I hope she doesn't get worse :) thanks for the tip off

Passports are 3 years Milly.

• Advertisement

Thanks Lashes34, jes they would change a lot in three years... Man I cried haha well not full weeping but I did shed a tear...It was when I saw the little blood spot on her leg I was like ahhh nooo my baby... All good she doesn't seem to be to bothered about it so fingers crossed... Nurse is concerned again about her weight she is 9.2lb today so must call back to see them next week.

They didnt weigh our girl, meant to ask her to but forgot. Are you still breastfeeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

What happens at the 6 week check up, do they do an internal on you?

donkey10 wrote: »
    What happens at the 6 week check up, do they do an internal on you?

The GP just checked my episiotomy stitches.

Mine just felt my tummy and asked had I stopped bleeding, that was the height of it.

Same here GP just checked the stitches and felt around the belly and weighed, height check for the little lady.. Having fierce kinda pains today on my wound, feels like tis kinda full on the right hand side a little worrying I hope it buggers off..

Ithought i read some where that an internal was done...the thoughts of one of them ahhh!
    Id an episiotomy and sometimes i feel it really itchy!

Ithought i read some where that an internal was done...the thoughts of one of them ahhh!
    Id an episiotomy and sometimes i feel it really itchy!

I’m supposed to get a smear test in a months time because I was due one when I was pregnant and I’m dreading it! I never want anyone down there again!

bee06 wrote: »
    I’m supposed to get a smear test in a months time because I was due one when I was pregnant and I’m dreading it! I never want anyone down there again!

Best to get it done tho!
    I had one done just before i was pregnant so i wouldbt need one again for a while but my sister in law told me it is really important to get one now also coz she had a friend who had two kids within a year of each other, didnt have a smear and diagnosed with cervical cancer almost inmediately after the 2nd birth

Best to get it done tho!
    I had one done just before i was pregnant so i wouldbt need one again for a while but my sister in law told me it is really important to get one now also coz she had a friend who had two kids within a year of each other, didnt have a smear and diagnosed with cervical cancer almost inmediately after the 2nd birth

Oh defintely, a few minutes of possible discomfort is nothing compared to the alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I was due a smear test in Feb but the nurse at the hospital told me to wait a few months, I'll ask the nurse at the 6 week check up. I'd def recommend probiotics especially if the rotavirus can cause an upset in the digestive system.

Sorry Lashes missed that one, no I stopped the breast feeding.. Day 4 of not doing it now kinda feels a bit odd but I didn't have much milk so she wasn't getting much anyway

You done well to keep going as long as you did Milly.

We're still no closer to finding a solution to our girls problems. Have tried 5 formulas including a prescription one to no avail so just starting medication for reflux today. Not really holding out much hope at this stage.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sorry Lashes missed that one, no I stopped the breast feeding.. Day 4 of not doing it now kinda feels a bit odd but I didn't have much milk so she wasn't getting much anyway

How did u know u didnt have much milk? Did u always have to top her up?
    Im still at it but i have to give him a bottle around luncg as hes up since 9 feeding and theres no way i still could have milk at that stage

How did u know u didnt have much milk? Did u always have to top her up?
    Im still at it but i have to give him a bottle around luncg as hes up since 9 feeding and theres no way i still could have milk at that stage

As long as he’s having plenty of wet nappies and gaining weight then he’s getting enough. They never actually empty the breast because you are constantly making more as well. Advice I got is that breastmilk is like a river not a lake. You can’t drain it because there is always more coming.

My fella could be latched for hours as well. Sometimes is just for comfort and he’s not actually drinking either. Feeding generates more milk as well. Breastmilk works based and supply and demand and by topping up with formula you send the signal to your body that you don’t need as much milk as you do.

Kelly Mom is a really good website for breastfeeding advice.
    https://kellymom.com/hot-topics/frequent-nursing/

Bit of a dose so still...God what do ye think is the solution, are you kinda feeling any instincts yourself saying this would work? Have ye tried the Nanny Care milk? I was all up for trying this, then kinda just went with the SMA easy to digest..

I'm not sure if herself has a bit of reflux or not, she does spew up an awfull lot sometimes after the bottle.. But I have nothing to compare too, had my sister here at the weekend (best surprise ever I just love my family) but she said she thought yes it was a bit much, so started to take note and estimate how much she was spewing bck up... Sometimes tis maybe 1 oz others tis 1/2oz, and she seems to spew constantly after her mid day feed, well little dribbels all the time... It is so hard to know...Going to say this to the nurse when we see her and see what she thinks..

Ah I knew I didn't have a major supply of milk as my boobs never got rock solid, or leak or really do much changing.. I had some supply but nothing major and then when it came to giving her bottles.. I said I would go as long as I felt we were getting someplace with the breast feeding but if I felt it was just getting too time consuming I would leave it.. I think again it has a lot to do with being organised and if you ran late or anything her schedule for sleep and the other bottles are out the window..

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ah I knew I didn't have a major supply of milk as my boobs never got rock solid, or leak or really do much changing..

I’m sure you did what was best for your baby Milly but none of those things are an indication of supply and I wouldn’t want someone reading to think they were. The only way of telling is a baby is getting enough is wet and dirty nappies and weight gain. My boobs rarely leak, they don’t get rock solid and I can express very little but I have no supply issues.

I leave it there bee06...sorry meant to tag you Lashes in the one above, looks like I'm talking to myself haha

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Milly, our girl used to spew all the time, always needed a muslin for feeds, our little man can randomly spew little bits or the whole bottle, luckily she grew out of it..she was mucusy when she was born and was spewing from her 2nd or third bottle. This time our boy will want another bottle 2 or 3 hours if he does get sick enough.
    I had to buy bottled water today for making bottles just in case the water freezes! I'll still have to boil it but it's better to have to boil it than not have it at all

• Advertisement

Thanks New Farmers I never thought of the water... Even at that the place we are in at the moment (muppets) don't have it connected to the mains (this is an estate) so when everyone is in at the weekend the water goes, no showers or upstairs water tis a pain.. It would be worse if the pips froze... Will go shopping

Glad to know with the spew, how about after.. Hersself seems to spew like every now and again for maybe an hour after.. She has started drooling a lot as well...Sick of changing bibs but I suppose that's just how it goes

Advertisement