Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

OSI wrote: »
    Little lad just gone 11 weeks at the weekend and he's dribbling like a mad man and started chewing his fists. Hardly starting teething this early?

Does it seem like he’s in pain? My little boy started with the fist chewing last week and there is increased dribbling as well. He’s 9 weeks. He is still happy out. I think they just discover their hands at this stage and start taking advantage of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Can I ask a daft question too for the passports.. It says the original birth cert, do they send it back to you then or can I just send a copy of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Send the original Milly and your own passport as well. They send both back. Our one took 4 weeks not three.

lashes34 wrote: »
    Send the original Milly and your own passport as well. They send both back. Our one took 4 weeks not three.

Thanks Lashes, ohh I hate parting with it haha... Didn't read about sending my own passport so thanks for that. Hoping to get her pics taken tomorrow if she is looking well :)

sorry last one lashes as their site is crap how much is the fee?

• Advertisement

It doesn't say it anywhere to send your own passport only for my brother told me as he was refusedto send his daughters until he came back with his own. Its €38/40 something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Milly in relation to parents course is that the crowd on Facebook? If so my friend did it and said it’s very good, if you pay €55 you get a first aid book and a first aid kit. Might be worth jg! I’m signed in to do it on March 22 nd.

Regarding passport yes you have to send a passport belonging to one of the child’s parents I sent my husbands because my passport is still in my maiden name. Photos take quite a while so be sure to have plenty of time. Also wear a bright colour on your little one cos they can get quite washed out in the photo. Price is €30 for passport and €8 for postal express I think. So you pay €38 in total at lost office. I sent mine on Monday so it’s fresh in my head . Both you and the father and baby have to be present for witness and the gardai. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

For those that might have same issue with me re heat rash on his face, doc said it was dry skin and to use almond oil for 5 to 7 days and if it hasnt cleared use hydrocortosine which you dont need a prescription for

thank you ladies... I thought I was doing very well today got my pics, she was a dream for them.. Crying before hand but the min the lady put her on the throw to take them she was quite out.. Went then to get the photos signed sure the Garda told me about having to have both of us present so must go down again with himself (just as you said Pocos) wish I had read before going down, but sure another trip out will be fun...

Thanks re the fee too, I cant believe the website is so bad that it doesn't state it or even the form you sign

Hope all the new mummies get a nice treat this Sunday!!

oh and thanks for the course too, think we shall take part so it will be great to know even just the basics

• Advertisement

A question about the old car seats. Boots have a good deal on the one we were looking to get the Joie Stages but it is forward facing, what age are they supposed to go in the forward facing seat now does anyone know..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Joie Stages can rear face until 18kg or about 4 years old.

We have the Every Stage, my tall 23 month old is still rear facing in it. We're quite happy with it.

Thank you Ladies, god there are so many rules and regs now tis hard to keep track. Just incase anyone else is looking Halfords have them done to €156.00 at the moment so a good deal...

Had the little miss with the HSE nurse today all is well again except the weight gain, but will be having a check in with the doctor and she said the only issue is maybe the heart.. Fingers crossed tis nothing as it has been an issue from day one really and the only thing I keep thinking is that she said maybe she is just a petite baby and all of his side are very petite so maybe she has the best of all or genes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Keep them rear facing as long as you can.

thanks Kirby, yeah spotted that after ordering it so all good...

Had our girl at the PHN on Thursday as well. All good apart from her weight. She has dropped to the 25th percentile so have to go back in a month again.

A little upset at that, we've had such trouble with feeding and reflux but thought we were managing to get enough into her but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Halfords have 10% off car seats until weds too!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

Happy Mother's Day to you all, im sure everyone's little ones are making it a memorable day.

Happy Mother's Day to you all, im sure everyone's little ones are making it a memorable day.

My son was so excited about our first mother’s day he woke up at 5.30!

Ha, like I said, memorable :-0

My fella spent the day fighting his bottles, been going on most the week where he pushes it away after taking half it and cries and gets agitated. I've been assured before that he doesn't have reflux and he's winding well. I think he has started teething though (10 weeks!), the bottom middle one is visible though the gum doesn't look particularly red or anything, but he's drooling and has his hand stuck in his mouth a lot and sucking on his bottom lip, so not sure if his gum is sore after half the bottle and that's why he's pushing away. Frustrating don't want him dropping weight and every bottle now is turning into a battle half way through to try get more into him and if I get him to take the teat back in he does suck ok it do he must want it...
    Lashes it must be hard when you're putting in all the work, reflux is a curse, saw my brother suffer through it with their little fella and it was hard going.

• Advertisement

Were you overdue by any chance? My fella is 10 weeks as well and has been super fussy all weekend as well. There is a leap around 12 weeks (based on due date) and he’s in the middle of it according to the Wonder Weeks app. He’s been chewing on his hands and drooling more as well.

Halfords alright have good deals, we got the Joie for €156 they did kinda mess up on where it was going but have to say the customer service was great and tis on the way to the right place now..

Hope everyone had a loverly Mothers day!! I understand how special it is now....

Himself found a great app for moods and stages called the wonder years if it is handy to anyone, quite good I must sat

bee06 wrote: »
    Were you overdue by any chance? My fella is 10 weeks as well and has been super fussy all weekend as well. There is a leap around 12 weeks (based on due date) and he’s in the middle of it according to the Wonder Weeks app. He’s been chewing on his hands and drooling more as well.

Ya I was 2 weeks over too. I have the WW app alright and was reading up on it, but I think I convinced myself 2 weeks ago he was going through that leap when he had an off day or two :-0. But it could well just be a phase. Thurs and today he has been less cheery & chatty than usual, wanting to be held and sleeping loads during the day. Funnily Fri & Sat he was in great form even though he got his injections on Friday afternoon. I was gonna ring the PHN tomorrow cause I'm just concerned he's starting to drop his feeds a small bit but maybe I should wait a few more days - WW says he's finished the leap now and I don't always feel better after talking to the PHN...depends which one I get!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Hi girls haven't been on here in a while, my lad is 13 weeks today, he was 6lb 7oz born but fell to 5lb 14, last Wednesday at his 3 months check up he was only 9lb 15 so the phn sent me to the doctor, he has runny nappies and farts a lot, he is bottle fed and is drinking 6oz every 4_5 hours, the doctor suggested that he may be lactose intolerant and has given me a prescription for new formula, what do you guys think, I just don't know

it is so hard to tell decmum... We are in the same boat re the weight she isn't putting on as much as they would like. But at the doc today and he said she is grand (after the check up with the HSE nurse).. She is just 12 weeks this week and is 10lb getting 5oz five times a day...She farts a lot too and has runny poops..

I have to say, go with what you gut instinct is, do you think he is funny with his feeds or a bit? If that formula is very pricey I think you can claim back for it...If he was lactose intolerant would he not spew up more with the formula he is on? I don't know now but that is what you would think...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Milly33 wrote: »
    it is so hard to tell decmum... We are in the same boat re the weight she isn't putting on as much as they would like. But at the doc today and he said she is grand (after the check up with the HSE nurse).. She is just 12 weeks this week and is 10lb getting 5oz five times a day...She farts a lot too and has runny poops..

I have to say, go with what you gut instinct is, do you think he is funny with his feeds or a bit? If that formula is very pricey I think you can claim back for it...If he was lactose intolerant would he not spew up more with the formula he is on? I don't know now but that is what you would think...
    The thing is he doesn't puke at all, the phn is concerned as he is on the 1%centile, the doctor isn't concerned, I have to bring him back to the doctors in 2 weeks to get his weight done again, I think I will check to see if there is a test that they can do to see if he is lactose intolerant, I really don't want to put him on that food if he isn't,

I'd agree Decmum, surely they should be tested for intolerance before taking action. It'll take days to adjust to the formula and then it might not even work. Would slightly smaller feeds more often increase his intake and help I wonder?

I duno what's up with my fella. Today I think it's reflux, yesterday I thought teething, now maybe I'm thinking I'm trying to over feed him, that e has slowed down if he has a lot of growing done for now (no idea of his weight right now, due 3mth check up in the next week or two). It'd be easier win the lotto than figure it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Hi all havn't been on in ages but nice to see everyone seems to be going through the same things. Our little guys is eating his fists and drooling loads too, no sign of teeth yet though.

He broke out in a rash about 3 weeks ago. Its eczema but seems to especially flair around heat and after feeds. He was also going from constipated to diarrhea and starting getting restless at night which I put down to his reflux. He was very congestion and coughing and sneezing alot. I brought him to the Dr who reckons he has cows milk protein allergy so hes on neocate milk now. It's prescription only and smells like rotten potato peelings but hes eating it and seems to be doing alot better though his eczema is still bad an I noticed he gets a very bad red rash around his neck and face. I was using Oilatium but it doesnt seem to be doing much. Any ideas what else to use? He still hasn't had his injections coz the nurse wont do them when hes been unwell :(

My nephew (in the UK) has skin allergies and Dr prescribed Aveeno soap/bath wash and creams for it - nice to get it free on NHS! Might be worth a try. I've stated using the baby averno bath wash and have been putting Silcox Base on my fellas face, not sure if it's eczema but he has developed a little rash on his cheek about 2 weeks ago. It hasn't cleared it but it's improved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hi all regarding weight decmum I’m EBF so I can’t help with bottles as I haven’t a clue what my little one is taking each feed. Sorry to hear PHN isn’t happy with weight that’s tough!

To those with a rash. At about 4/5 weeks my little one got like rednes on her face and down her neck and across her chest. It looked like acne or something. At the 6 week check up I said it to the doctor who just said that it was just her skin was sensitive and to get an emulsified oilment from the pharmacy. It’s was about €3/€4! And I started using it daily. Anyway after about a week she was completely cleared up. I use it every day to every second day and her skin is perfect! Might help

Advertisement