Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Congratulations! !! I found out super early I was pregnant too! Had an early dating scan in wilton this morning and I'm 7 weeks 4 days! Due 31st December!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

andreac wrote: »
    Had my 2nd scan yesterday. There was some difference in 2 weeks. It actually looks like a little person now. Back on the 7th June for my full appt with the nurse for the bloods etc. I will be nearly 13 weeks then.

That's great! How many weeks are you now Andreac, sorry to lazy to work it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pinkflipflop18

Hey ! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I'm due 31st December with ky first baby!! Had an early dating scan this morning. ... good strong heartbeat 😠how are you coping with sickness?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

10 weeks today yay! Starting to feel a little more real now. Have my hospital appointment and scan at 11.5 weeks so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is well x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

That's great! How many weeks are you now Andreac, sorry to lazy to work it out!

Im exactly ten weeks now today :)

• Advertisement

lashes34 wrote: »
    10 weeks today yay! Starting to feel a little more real now. Have my hospital appointment and scan at 11.5 weeks so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is well x

We are exactly the same Lashes. Im 10 today as well. Where are you having your baby? Im going to the Coombe.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hello I haven't posted in awhile as I was a little concerned as I wasn't having much symptoms but had a scan yesterday and all is well baby measuring 11 weeks 6 days three days ahead with a due date of 4th Dec. All very exciting. Is this everyone's first baby?

I'm in Galway Andreac, can't wait to get to 12 weeks. It seems like a massive milestone after waiting so long to get here.

Glad you got good news geez.

Have a night out tomorrow with two friends so going to tell them instead of pretending to not drink for other reasons. We have told the families and a few friends. Don't see the point of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

There seem to be a good few of us here due on New Years Eve, what are the odds?! Welcome and congrats Ashley and Pinkflipflop. My doc says hopefully baby will wait til January to work out better for sports etc but I don't really get why? Think new years is a nice time for it anyway.

I've not really had any sickness as of yet but what's driving me crazy is my permanent stuffed nose! I suffer from allergic rhinitis anyway and apparently there's also a thing called rhinitis of pregnancy so it's gotten ten times worse! My nose is completely blocked all the time yet simultaneously streaming like a tap. Am taking my antihistamines when I'm really bad but trying to do without them when possible. Anyone else got this problem?! Feels like the most random pregnancy symptom ever!

Waiting for the 12 week mark to tell anyone,even close family but omg,the time is going soooo slowly! Still more than 4 weeks to go! It's so hard not talking about it when it's all you can think about! I'm superstitious tho so determined to make it! x

MelanieC wrote: »
    There seem to be a good few of us here due on New Years Eve, what are the odds?! Welcome and congrats Ashley and Pinkflipflop. My doc says hopefully baby will wait til January to work out better for sports etc but I don't really get why? Think new years is a nice time for it anyway.

I've not really had any sickness as of yet but what's driving me crazy is my permanent stuffed nose! I suffer from allergic rhinitis anyway and apparently there's also a thing called rhinitis of pregnancy so it's gotten ten times worse! My nose is completely blocked all the time yet simultaneously streaming like a tap. Am taking my antihistamines when I'm really bad but trying to do without them when possible. Anyone else got this problem?! Feels like the most random pregnancy symptom ever!

Waiting for the 12 week mark to tell anyone,even close family but omg,the time is going soooo slowly! Still more than 4 weeks to go! It's so hard not talking about it when it's all you can think about! I'm superstitious tho so determined to make it! x

I did read about the stuffy nose thing. It actually popped up on one of my apps yesterday on my phone as a symptom. I didn't read in to it though.

Im just feeling bit sick after i eat, not that i want to vomit but just more queasy. It comes and goes.

Im a bit headachy too here and there.

• Advertisement

From past experience,dry cream crackers will help with the queasiness. Or ginger (biscuits or tea) is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Yay new people! Welcome and best of luck to you all =)

It's so exciting hearing about other people's scans. I've got nothing yet. We will be 10 weeks on Sunday so we booked a private scan for when we are 11 weeks along with the harmony test. Kind nervous but I keep telling myself what will be will be and anything else is out of our control. I wish it was 12 weeks already, don't know how i'll do this for 40 weeks :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

MelanieC wrote: »

The sports thing is because what year your child is born in determines what team the play with. January children will be the oldest on the team so will be stronger etc than someone born later than the year. There would be almost a year between a January and December child growth wise. Obviously there are lots of other factors but I read about a study that said that more elite sportspeople were born in January.

The time thing is a killer! I'm 10 weeks on Tuesday and the last 5 weeks have felt like the longest ever!

Loads of NYE babies!! This will hopefully be my second baby, the last two pregnancies were lost at this stage so I'm feeling a bit more optimistic getting this far! Have been nauseous the last week, only been sick twice both times after having a banana so that's me done with them! Acupuncturist said to eat every 90mins, to soak up the stomach acid, crackers or ginger nut biscuits or dry cereal. I'm sure my boss knows cos I'm constantly eating!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

It's all so exciting great to see so much activity here already

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all first time on this site, so excited I'm 10 weeks tomorrow all going well thank God. Have my dating scan next Wednesday should 11 weeks so nervous had miscarriage last year and took so long to get pregnant this time. I think due date should be 20 December so wait and see. Can't wait seems to be forever waiting for 11 week scan can't wait to start telling people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 postpat

Hi all first time on this site, so excited I'm 10 weeks tomorrow all going well thank God. Have my dating scan next Wednesday should 11 weeks so nervous had miscarriage last year and took so long to get pregnant this time. I think due date should be 20 December so wait and see. Can't wait seems to be forever waiting for 11 week scan can't wait to start telling people.

Congrats Postpat. Im a week ahead of you. Due around 15th December. Are you going to the Coombe by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 postpat

andreac wrote: »
    Congrats Postpat. Im a week ahead of you. Due around 15th December. Are you going to the Coombe by any chance?

Hi andreac congratulations on your good news, sorry will be Cavan for me this will be my 3rd and will be elected c section as previous 2 were emergency c-section so will be 13December for me I think, that's just me guessing. It's my 6 pregnancy always seemed to losses them around 7 or 8 week. So delighted to be this far. Can't wait for dating scan see everything will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crestedten

We're booked for the Coombe. Opted for semi-private as our insurance will cover it, although I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make.

On the peace of mind front, I bought a baby doppler from Amazon last week that lets you listen to the baby's heartbeat at home. It's obviously very hard to find at this early stage but with a decent helping of patience we've been able to find it a couple of times which is amazing to hear :)

amazon.co.uk/Doppler-VIAEON-Monitor-Ultrasound-Pregnancy/dp/B01MSW2ZWQ/

• Advertisement

crestedten wrote: »
    On the peace of mind front, I bought a baby doppler from Amazon last week that lets you listen to the baby's heartbeat at home. It's obviously very hard to find at this early stage but with a decent helping of patience we've been able to find it a couple of times which is amazing to hear :)

I think I would freak if I couldnt find it!

I have spots all over my face and neck, almost rash like. Tiny little bumps under the skin mainly but some really big sore ones. Wonder can the GP give me anything? Its gotten really bad the last couple of weeks, I look like I have a disease :(

Less than a week to my scan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I think I would freak if I couldnt find it!

I have spots all over my face and neck, almost rash like. Tiny little bumps under the skin mainly but some really big sore ones. Wonder can the GP give me anything? Its gotten really bad the last couple of weeks, I look like I have a disease :(

Less than a week to my scan :D

Could it be pregnancy acne?

Could it be pregnancy acne?

Possibly, do you know if the doc can prescribe something or is it just something I have to put up with?

Was reading about it this morning actually - it can be caused by progesterone and I am on this twice a day for the last 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I don't know tbh but no harm asking gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pinkflipflop18

I'm 8 weeks 3 days 5o day and I'm having the worst time 😢 Constantly sick, extremely tired, no energy, I really hope it starts getting better because I feel so miserable right now 😢

I'm 8 weeks 3 days 5o day and I'm having the worst time 😢 Constantly sick, extremely tired, no energy, I really hope it starts getting better because I feel so miserable right now 😢

You poor thing, I hope it eases for you soon.

Are all GP visits free during pregnancy as long as pregnancy related or is it capped at 6 visits? How many are needed when you have to start going to GP for the checks later on?

Also, have you had or going to have the harmony tests done?

You poor thing, I hope it eases for you soon.

Are all GP visits free during pregnancy as long as pregnancy related or is it capped at 6 visits? How many are needed when you have to start going to GP for the checks later on?

I think it's capped at 6 but it'd be at the doctors discretion I'm sure.

Had a scan today, 8+4, all looks good, strong heartbeat and measuring a day ahead. Could see the start of little tiny limbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I had a scan today as well (10+2). Strong heartbeat and the baby was wriggling :)

• Advertisement

Aw that's lovely,so pleased for those of you who've had your first scans. It really makes it real doesn't it?
    I'm 8+4 today,nearly a fortnight since I was at my gp but haven't received any hospital appointment as of yet. Thought I would've got a date by now? I'm like a child listening for the postman every morning!

Advertisement