Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Quick question whats yer opinions on cot bumpers? I haven't looked into them to much and we are just now putting his room together. I know I've heard they are dangerous but then I've heard of kids getting feet caught in between bars.

Any opinions?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I don’t use one at the moment but these are the ones I’ve seen recommended a lot.

They are breatheable and they are too light to support a babies weight so they can’t use them to try and climb out of the cot when they are bigger.

https://www.jojomamanbebe.ie/airwrap-4-sided-bumper-b6654.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwma3ZBRBwEiwA-CsblJnhADsUA_GZ7m2eEyAlQpxWXXJ5vuMlqvAgMoOXjTvOFX5Ti-Y0cxoCjfMQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Milly33 wrote: »
    donkey10 wrote: »
    Yeah thats it but sure what can we do we will always get that happening!

What age is she now? I was looking at the back of boxes today and i think it was the liga ones ( i cant remember though) that said 12 months plus. Are we supposed to follow that exactly?

Im gonna start the baby rice next week he turns 5 months so hes only showing signs now. Are you supposed to give bottle first and then the food or just food on its own

Sorry for late reply off there for a the last few days... She is just 6months on Friday.. I was looking at the liga and there is two differant ones 6mths and 12mths..

I am doing a bit of this a bit of that with the following.. I understand rules and that, but I gave her the oats (just ground up reg ones) at around 3 weeks after starting on solids.. She isnt mad for the glupeyness of it so now i just sprinkle a bit of it into the purees.. I think once they dont show any signs of belly upset after, sure tis grand.. The baby rice is great so easy to make up and a nice filler to bulk up the purees.. I must say though the price of the rest of the baby mixes like that is crazy. I went to look at them and just went and got some ready brek... I think with the bottle tis up to you, the book i was getting tips from said to give half the bottle first, then food and then the rest. But the little miss has no bother with food, so i give her the food first. Then she has a few mins to let it settle, then the bottle...

Im the same with the vaccines, when she got her first one. I was like getting ready to all Rambo with YOU HURT MY BABY, but sure you know tis for the better.. I found the 4mth injections left a big kinda like mosquito bump after for id say around 2 weeks, but other than that no other signs.. thank god hopefully the 6mth will be the same

I tried him with the rice this morning. I had two spoons mixed and when they were finished he was crying looking for more so gave 2 more. Maybe i shouldnt have when it was his first time but he seemed to love it and horsed it down.
    How long would it take it know if they had a stomach reaction anyway.
    Oh the dreaded injections eh so hard to see them cry when they get them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

It was during the rest of the day i just kept an eye on her, and i noticed she got sick a lot more after banana and also after a little taste of marmelade.. So within an hour-ish, nothing major like no crying in pain but i thought she burped up a lot more than usual...

I'm all for the cot bumpers, mine were driving me bonkers as the print was upside down on one side, and also it was a top bumper not a side one which i just dont get. Anywho the first night we took them off she got her legs stuck inbetween the two bars and she was screaming id say she got an awfull fright. Then the next day she clonked her head off the top of the cot, so now i get why you have a bumper there.. I cant say i would worry too much about the bumpers as in, the way people make out like the child is going to smoother themselves. Once you have them tied on properly.. We ended up getting the air wrap ones, which I must say are good they dont look pretty pretty, and she still managed to get her legs out above the wrap but they are good

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Thanks! I think I’m going to get the air wrap ones. He moves so much in the bed there’s no way he won’t clunk himself off it.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where you can buy the baby wetsuits for the pool? I want to start bringing himself in so that it would get him used to the water when we go away on hols

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I got it in Mothercare for Willow as we bring her to waterbabies every week. Its lovely to see them in the water.

Did u get it online? What size did u get? They are growing so quick youd want to get a bit of use out of it!!

lashes34 wrote: »
    I got it in Mothercare for Willow as we bring her to waterbabies every week. Its lovely to see them in the water.
    Did u get it online? What size did u get? They are growing so quick youd want to get a bit of use out of it!!

I got it in the Galway store maybe 6 or 7 weeks ago. Shes 6 months now but at the time was just in 0-3 months so I got 3-6 months but its not going to last her much longer even though shes only just going into 3-6 month clothes now. Def small sized but its hard to know. Maybe order online as you might get cheaper. It was around €22.

• Advertisement

I got it in the Galway store maybe 6 or 7 weeks ago. Shes 6 months now but at the time was just in 0-3 months so I got 3-6 months but its not going to last her much longer even though shes only just going into 3-6 month clothes now. Def small sized but its hard to know. Maybe order online as you might get cheaper. It was around €22.

Thanks a mill, isnt it crazy how fast they grow!

Found a really good website for baby recipes!
    http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Hi ladies,

just finishing my maternity leave and heading back to work but on a brighter note i managed to get my self a full time job which im thrilled about. ive been doing agency work for years. so now that i know ill be in a full time position im hoping to change the car later in the year and we hoping ot try for baby no.2 in the new year. anyone recommend a car that is roomy for 2 babies. my critieria is this: needs to have a back wiper, and my hubbie hates the suv models. the nearest i am thinking of would be a nissan pulsar.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hello ladies

How are you all? Quick question little one has now decided she wants to sleep on her tummy! I know the recommendations are to put them on their back but she flips once we do that?! I’m terrified of SIDS but what can I do? I can’t watch her all night!! She’s 6.5 months old so I’m assuming once they can flip over and back themselves they are ok to be on their stomachs? Anyone else’s baby started this???

Since she was 5 months. She just wont stay on her back and she sleeps better on her belly. Seems comfier. Can't do anything about it, as soon as I turn her back shes gone half a second later.

Once they can roll themselves it’s fine. They have good enough head, neck and body control to move if they are face down and can’t breathe. Just make there is nothing in the cot with them.

My fella started a couple of weeks ago and sleeps better as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah our one started rolling last week, then rolling back so we just let her do her thing without bothering her.

I wouldn't be too worried about it Pocos. We were only saying last night that between all the rules and regs lately they would have you terrified to do anything or just to go with the flow... Herself is as someone described here before. human helicopter at night. She starts at one of the cot and ends up in god knows what direction come morning or a few hours. She has been sleeping on her tummy too, arse up in the air sometimes... If you look in most of the time her head is actually turned to the side so no need to worry about the breathing, or sometimes just so we don't worry we take the soother out of her mouth..

Phew thanks all! That does make me feel better!! Like I totally get it, I’m not a major fan of sleeping on my back myself but as I said the recommendation is to go on their back but god forbid something then happened!

I had a feeling though once they flip themselves they are good to go!! Moving to the big cot this weekend (been in the next to me at the moment) so fingers crossed that goes ok!

Hope the big move goes great and ye don't miss eachother too much, tis hard but so good for them and ye.. Moved herself in at around 3 months or thereabouts and bar from a few set backs it went well. Spent a the first few nights in the nursery or her room with her, and then left her at it. I so wished I had done the single sheet trick at the beginning though when moving her into the big cot, it stops them moving around so much worked for a treat with my nephews but tried it too late with her and sure there was no stopping her movements.

So funny how you watch them like a hawk and then after a while tis like yeah go for it... Looking at herself here, she was on her playmat on the floor, went from there to the carpet and now she is on the tiles. before I would have been rushing over to put her back on the mat but now im like dya know go for it..

• Advertisement

Hope the big move goes great and ye don't miss eachother too much, tis hard but so good for them and ye.. Moved herself in at around 3 months or thereabouts and bar from a few set backs it went well. Spent a the first few nights in the nursery or her room with her, and then left her at it. I so wished I had done the single sheet trick at the beginning though when moving her into the big cot, it stops them moving around so much worked for a treat with my nephews but tried it too late with her and sure there was no stopping her movements.

So funny how you watch them like a hawk and then after a while tis like yeah go for it... Looking at herself here, she was on her playmat on the floor, went from there to the carpet and now she is on the tiles. before I would have been rushing over to put her back on the mat but now im like dya know go for it..

Milly what’s the single sheet trick? I’ve never heard of it!! Well we have visitors Saturday night so can’t move her until Sunday or the following weekend! Oh I know I’m gonna miss her. I’m too much of a softie!!!! But I know you are right she needs to be in her own room! Be nice to be able to put a light on in the bedroom when going to bed :)

I was thinking the same saying ohh to read a book again, I think I have read a few pages of one book that was it.. The singles sheet trick, is you get a single breathable cot sheet or sheet, wrap half of it under the mattress and then as such cover the baby (like you do yourself with sheets) and tuck the rest of the sheet in the other side, you can use single towels rolled up or whichever thing you prefer and push them down between the mattress and the cot to stop the sheet moving. It helps to stop the baby moving around so much and get a good nights sleep. I tried it too late with herself and sure she had the sheets off in seconds... Tis all what you prefer anywho..

The blackout blinds in Smyths too (they are the cheapest) are great if the room is too bright..

I was just thinking there again about how annoying the regs are, and just thought they had us worried, freaked out at the beginning about herselfs weight. Told go to AnE when we got her home because she dropped weight, and was always watching it. So the last time when we were getting vaccines I really wanted to get her weighed and I was asked Why, the one time we really wanted to get it done to see how much she had gained and it wasn't offered. kinda like well we aren't worried anymore.. Must try to weigh her somewhere soon just out of curiosity.

I was thinking the same saying ohh to read a book again, I think I have read a few pages of one book that was it.. The singles sheet trick, is you get a single breathable cot sheet or sheet, wrap half of it under the mattress and then as such cover the baby (like you do yourself with sheets) and tuck the rest of the sheet in the other side, you can use single towels rolled up or whichever thing you prefer and push them down between the mattress and the cot to stop the sheet moving. It helps to stop the baby moving around so much and get a good nights sleep. I tried it too late with herself and sure she had the sheets off in seconds... Tis all what you prefer anywho..

The blackout blinds in Smyths too (they are the cheapest) are great if the room is too bright..

I was just thinking there again about how annoying the regs are, and just thought they had us worried, freaked out at the beginning about herselfs weight. Told go to AnE when we got her home because she dropped weight, and was always watching it. So the last time when we were getting vaccines I really wanted to get her weighed and I was asked Why, the one time we really wanted to get it done to see how much she had gained and it wasn't offered. kinda like well we aren't worried anymore.. Must try to weigh her somewhere soon just out of curiosity.

Thanks milly for the reply! Must look more into it as herself does kick the blankets off pretty quickly!!

I know to read a book... or just go to the bathroom and not in fear of waking herself up!!! The luxury ;)

Yes the regulations annoy me and then there’s people who don’t follow them and their kids sleep all night no issues going to sleep etc! I dunno sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hi all I have a 7 and 1/2 month old little boy and he's great! I think we may be struggling a little with the weaning. He loves his bottle and isn't an overly hungry baby. He could refuse solids and cry until he gets a bottle. Not overly interested in either the spoon or finger food. He is taking 5 feeds a day still. Anyone in the same boat. Or any thoughts/ suggestions

My girl is just 7 months and is the same with solids although she's a little more interested this week. She doesnt take her bottles too well either! Its painful

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

My girl is just 7 months and is the same with solids although she's a little more interested this week. She doesnt take her bottles too well either! Its painful

Ya finding it quite frustrating! Did you start her at 6 months?

I poste this in the weaning thread but for anyone who didn’t see it and is stressing about solids.

The way I think about solids is that it doesn’t matter how much they eat, it’s all about them learning to swallow non-BM, get used to different tastes, let their little tummy’s adjust to then food, once they’re eating finger food it’s learning to chew, move food around their mouth, picking it up. Don’t think of food as something to fill them, that’s what breastmilk is for, solids are developmental until they are 1.

However it’s a bit soul destroying spending time making food for them and having them spit it all out or throw it on the floor! I’ve stopped giving my little boy avocado because I couldn’t take the precious avocado on the floor.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've yet to have our daughter reject any solids.

Is anyone else’s baby licking the floor now that they are on the move? It makes me want to puke!

• Advertisement

My fella is the same with the standing! My poor arms can’t take it at all. It’s great to see him progressing but it was definitely easier when you put them down somewhere and they stayed there!

Advertisement