Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Oh bee the licking! We have a wooden floor and my little dolly was bought a lovely thick play mat so she won’t hurt her head! What does she do? Crawl to the edge of the mat and lick the knots on the wooden floor!!! It’s gross! She literally puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. Only advantage is I don’t feel I have to be as careful about sterilising now as she literally licks the floor! Loves my toes in particular... yuck!!! Any idea when the licking stops?

Anyone else’s little one not sleeping at the moment? We’ve been up 5/6 times the last two nights with her! No idea could be one of a number of things, teeth vaccinations on Monday, a solid food not agreeing with her!! Who knows! Starting to crawl someone else suggested!!! The heat! Honestly I feel all I do is guess what’s up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My fella is very restless at night as well. And waking in the middle of the night full of chat. He was awake for an hour last night. I can take the waking if he goes back to sleep quickly but can’t deal with a happy, chatty baby at 2am.

I think it’s the crawling, and he started rolling in his sleep as well (and we’re just back from holidays). So it could be anything I suppose!

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah, another that's gone from an all-nighter to 2am chatter here as well. Very frustrating, but hey if the world was practically changing in front of your very eyes every day you'd probably be doing some midnight musing as well :D

I’ll try and remember that tonight!

Ah ladies ours hasn’t gone to a chatty happy 2am it’s the wimpering at night! It’s heart breaking! She’s giving out in her sleep! I assumed it was because she wanted to be in our bed! She won at 3am this morning we were too tired to move her but no she was giving out again about 1-2 hours later! She’s worse than a newborn!

Any ideas when it might end? Was planning on doing sleep training and moving her into her own room this weekend but what’s the point!!! Ah here the guess work drives me insane! I’d love a manual!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

My girl woke screaming twice Monday night, no idea what was wrong but there was no comforting her. Its awful not knowing what to do. Her teeth didn't seem to be particularly at her so I don't know. Its all guess work in my experience.

She also likes to lick everything in her sight, including the dogs. Its great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

laughing with the licking haha.. They are so funny... Had the screaming thing too a couple of weeks ago, I was putting it down to her sleeping in three different spots and maybe waking up not knowing where she was but maybe tis a phase...

Is anyone else using the Tommee Tip btls? Just pondering we got the 6 plus teats as I thought she was getting a little mucus-ie and twas time to move on but the seem to be very how would you say, not as sturdy as the other teats and when she sucks on them they bend.. Just wondering is this normal, maybe she needs to get used to them or are they dodge... I did get rid of two before well got replacement ones as I didn't think they were good..I cant be this unlucky again...

Delighted we seem to have lost a bottle, so down to 4 bottles now a day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

There is a little vent that if it gets blocked it can cause the teat to collapse in on itself. I just give it a squeeze between my two fingers when washing bottles so maybe that might help.

I'm officially in the Jan 18 group because she was born on the 11th so i dip between both here and there. Are all of your babbas rolling? This lazy lump hasn't managed it yet. She is sitting up by herself the past few days but has no intention of rolling!

thanks heldel00 I know the vent and d'oh I never even thought to do it thank you.. Will do that this evening and see if works....

Herself is rolling indeed, has been for a while but then sure they are all so different, maybe she just doesn't want to yet :) haha

My girl is rolling since about 4 months but isnt sitting yet. Has 2 teeth since 5.5 months but no sign of any more since.

Its funny how they all develop differently. We have the next check with the PHN at 8/9 months so just hope all checks out ok then.

heldel00 wrote: »
    I'm officially in the Jan 18 group because she was born on the 11th so i dip between both here and there. Are all of your babbas rolling? This lazy lump hasn't managed it yet. She is sitting up by herself the past few days but has no intention of rolling!

My little boy is rolling with a while but only sitting up by himself with the last week (he’s not very stable yet either). He’s 2 weeks older than your little girl. Like Milly says, they’re all so different!

• Advertisement

Teeth already lashes wowzer, hope he wasn't too bad with them... Just made up the bottles there and made sure to release the valve so hopefully that shall fix it..

I was fully sure the PHN said the next app was 6mths, and that this was with some other doctor and to make sure we didn't miss it or well let them know if we could not make it, as the doc was only there for one day out of the month. Have'nt got any letter she is just gone the 7mths now, perhaps tis later

Ya its def between 8 and 9 months. We've been in with her a few times since the 3 month check for weighing and I asked her the last time. Its with a doctor and her.

great thanks Lashes, don't know why I had 6mths in my head must have been the vaccines... A few weeks ago herself started this what looks like head scratching off everything, today then she has started the kinda slamming back into the high chair seat and laughing, and then rubbing her head from side to side, like she has a itch...

Heldel sorted so silly I didn't do this beforehand, or even read the leaflet in the packet of teats, very silly moment

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skullsocks

We’ve only started it now but I bought Lucy Wolfe’s book and have started “sleep training”. First few days were a nightmare but we were having issues anyway so I’m for a penny, in for a pound I figured. Our guy spent his first night in his own bed last night (we normally co-sleep or like that he’s on me). It is tough but worth it if you can stick out the sleep training. I’ve no doubt he’ll prob go backwards too but it might be worth a shot to try it!

Hey, how is the sleep training going? We bought the book and were all set to start this weekend but LO is teething so may have to hold off for a bit.

I'm so anxious at the thoughts of it. Normally LO is rocked to sleep, can't imagine him handling just being put straight into the cot! But my back is broke walking his 20 pounds of weight to sleep, and he no longer feeds to sleep so I have to do something different.

Anyone have any suggestions I am all ears!

I’m also having trouble with sleeping baby (also think teeth are an issue)

I tried the sleep training the other day and it completely didn’t work for my one! She went into complete hysterics when we left the room and tried to calm her down made it worse! Not sure if she’s developmentally ready or not! Or just she’s spoilt.. probably just spoilt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I've been following Lucy Wolfe since about 5 months and it has worked for us but it took about 2 weeks to get little man peacefully accepting being put down into the cot awake.
    I found setting a new routine using something new, a little distracting (and mesmerizing:)) worked well for us. I bought a star projector on amazon that projects coloured rotating stars on the ceiling to use as a distraction when they are first placed in the cot.

At first it would take about an hr to get him to sleep using this along with Lucy's method, then after a week it took 45 mins and now it takes about 20 mins. The projector is remote controlled and has simple music to sing along with so it's easy to switch on and off once he is asleep, or set a timer to turn it off.

I know this is kinda going off-label from Lucy's strict method, but it worked for us!:) so far, at least!

I could not imagine going through this now, good luck ladies I hope it works for ye... Had herself in a routine from a few weeks so no need really for this now.

I have found though on nights where she wakes up having another musical toy other than one she associates with play time or funny. Like I have a music box that plays bring in the clowns, I put this on and it seems to settle her. I think it is just a comfort, keep it out of sight also so they aren't looking at it... Then saying that other times we have actually plugged in one of those disco lights so that she gets distracted :)

That's what I am worried about, I can see him having a complete meltdown and not coming out of it till we rock him back to calm. He is very strong willed (arnt all babies, I know)

I have a light projector, I'll try that once we get going thanks!

Milly unfortunately having a baby with silent reflux there was no hope of a routine. It's only now that we have finally found medication that works that we can look to getting him into a routine. Have to say it's pretty restrictive this routine stuff!

OSI that's adorable!

Eviledna wrote: »
    I've been following Lucy Wolfe since about 5 months and it has worked for us but it took about 2 weeks to get little man peacefully accepting being put down into the cot awake.
    I found setting a new routine using something new, a little distracting (and mesmerizing:)) worked well for us. I bought a star projector on amazon that projects coloured rotating stars on the ceiling to use as a distraction when they are first placed in the cot.

At first it would take about an hr to get him to sleep using this along with Lucy's method, then after a week it took 45 mins and now it takes about 20 mins. The projector is remote controlled and has simple music to sing along with so it's easy to switch on and off once he is asleep, or set a timer to turn it off.

I know this is kinda going off-label from Lucy's strict method, but it worked for us!:) so far, at least!

Did your little one cry and fuss for the hour/45 mins?

I am trying to get him into the daytime routine before trying the straight to cot part. It's really hard to get the three naps in, in the suggested times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

skullsocks wrote: »

Unfortunately at the start, yes. It was exhausting for about two weeks. Lots of cuddles and distraction and putting him back on his back, putting the dodie back in, rubbing his forehead, singing etc. But it is worth it to persevere. When they are teething it's harder. The worst day it took 2 hrs. But I no longer have to rock him to sleep at all now, so it is all worth it.

I'll be honest, I didn't focus on the daytime naps to the exact scheule, but I did pay attention to feeding him at least 45 mins before putting him down. That made a difference for us, cos he had silent reflux.
    It's really tough but worth sticking with it because you will probably see results within a fortnight and as long as you are there to support them to sleep and make their cot a happy place, it will really stand to you. Best of luck:)

• Advertisement

The little ladies first trip away for the weekend without me!! :( I am not an overly emotional person and well there was a few tears so there was.. She is only gone for two nights but still, I shall be missing my cuddles and my random chats..... Very odd mind I just had the longest shower I have had in ages and it was great just not having to rush getting ready and that...

Happy Long weekend to everyone hope ye are all doing something nice

Hi ladies, anyone else have a teething cranky baby on their hands??? Feels like I’m back to newborn stage we are up so often at night :(

My girl is like a demon, she has a headcold so I don't know if its that or her teeth but it aint good.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

For those with teething babies try nelsons teething granules i found them great!

No good for dairy allergy donkey but their gel is dairy free!

Teetha is great alright, herself just eats it... I got this Camolmile Syrup too from Foran, Cassidys Chemist stocks it. Now I haven't tried it myself yet im waiting but I saw a lady on a flight with it. Gave it to her kid on the way up and down... Just incase anyone likes the natural products...

Herself is very shouty lately (there is some leap going on) I find giving her new things to explore seems to keep her quite. Understandable really she is probably getting bored looking at the same thing all day... Gave her rice crispies there and they are keeping her very quiet, pushing them around the high chair tray she isn't even eating them... Had two recent close choking experiences too recently, so going to book on of those kids first aid classes, cant wait to do it. I know the basics but I think it would be good for both of us to do one.. Scary stuff when it happens so best to know what to do me thinks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

skullsocks wrote: »

I am trying to get him into the daytime routine before trying the straight to cot part. It's really hard to get the three naps in, in the suggested times.

Stick with it Skullsocks, my first was a silent refluxer and worse, never showed a whit of tiredness during the day...no eye rubbling or yawning or anything.I had to clock watch, two hours from when she last woke I had her back up to bed, and sat with it until she dropped off, could take anything up 1 hour.I read that if you spend more than 1.5 hrs trying to get a daytime nap, take them out and try again 30mins later.If it's over an hour second time, go out wih the buggy or something then try again next time.Currently trying to figure out my 12 week old's routine, he gets very bad wind and is (so far) the most difficult of them all to settle during the day.None of mine did big naps during the day, they only ever slept for 40mins at a time.It resolves itself over time to longer naps, but it's a total nuisance for the first six months.We live by absolute routine in this house (our two year old takes herself off to bed for her nap, coz she knows when she's tired!!!!), so the sooner I get this monkey sorted, the better!!

The only thing about having a difficult first one is that any child after that is easy ;-)

For anyone looking also into the nappy brands.. Normally we use pampers, not I do plan to change to the Bambo Nature nappies to be nicer to the environment, but anywho in Supervalue today they were all sold out of size 2, so I said I would try the own brand ones. And must say so far, so good. They are really soft and seem to have more room around the sides than the Pampers.. Now and she is very slight... Put her to bed in the pampers but will try out the new ones tomorrow just to see how they are

Thanks all! Teeth are an awful dose aren’t they!!!
    Started the teetha there yesterday and she does seem to be in better form so I’d say they are helping! It’s to remember to give them is our trouble!

Yes our one is very shouty lately too! What is that about???

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    For anyone looking also into the nappy brands.. Normally we use pampers, not I do plan to change to the Bambo Nature nappies to be nicer to the environment, but anywho in Supervalue today they were all sold out of size 2, so I said I would try the own brand ones. And must say so far, so good. They are really soft and seem to have more room around the sides than the Pampers.. Now and she is very slight... Put her to bed in the pampers but will try out the new ones tomorrow just to see how they are

I was very much a nappy snob only pampers etc etc! Then while in Spain there was a Lild around the corner and we got the own brand just to try out! I’m completely converted.. we now use Lild and Tesco own brand and save the dear pampers for night time as I still think they hold the most liquid but still! Haven’t tried SuperValu own brand might give them a go!!

Anyone else finding changing the nappy a nightmare?? The rolling over :(

Advertisement