Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

It is the price difference is unreal between the brands... Have them on her now all day and so far so good, no leaks and they seem to fit a lot better around the waste... I must try the Lidl ones yet, I think we tried the Aldi when she was smaller but they didn't suit, me thinks though it was because they were a little too big for her...

With you and the rolling, I have to give her something to keep her distracted, another nappy normally works or the moo goo bottle.. Have to work fast, she started to pull the tabs on the nappy too sometimes, the horrors if she manages to take them off herself... that scene is sticking in my head, cant think of the name but the one in the cell that's all ill say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Milly33 wrote: »
    It is the price difference is unreal between the brands... Have them on her now all day and so far so good, no leaks and they seem to fit a lot better around the waste... I must try the Lidl ones yet, I think we tried the Aldi when she was smaller but they didn't suit, me thinks though it was because they were a little too big for her...

With you and the rolling, I have to give her something to keep her distracted, another nappy normally works or the moo goo bottle.. Have to work fast, she started to pull the tabs on the nappy too sometimes, the horrors if she manages to take them off herself... that scene is sticking in my head, cant think of the name but the one in the cell that's all ill say :)

Absolutely the price difference is unreal. Yes we had them on her when she was small too and I didn’t like them! So when we got them on holidays I was pleasantly surprised! They seem to go further up her back so a lot less poo explosions!

Oh we won’t even go there about them taking their own nappies off! Another nappy as a distraction now that’s a handy one to know

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Haven't been on for a while, my little lad was 8 months yesterday, I use the supervalue nappies and I find them great, I had so much leakage with Pampers but nothing with the sv brand and at only 2.99 they are great value, the. teeth are a curse, my lad has 3 all 3 on the bottom and he is getting his eye teeth on top weird 🙂

H Decmum, Happy 8 Months!!! They are a nice find the supervalue ones I must agree. we had a little leakage when we tried her with them at night time (over the weekend) I think that has more to do with her sleeping on her belly more than anything, if they were just a little longer at the front we would be sorted.. but had her in them all day and they are spot on...

3 already wow, did he have much pain with them I hope not... Still waiting on herself to cut one I think she will get a side one first by the looks of things..

Got all excited today got the 8 month check up for herself with the HSE, don't know why im so excited I suppose I just want confirmation that she is going to be the genius we think she is :) or just flying it will do too

sure jes went to the shops and was looking at the nappies, and spotted that the Supervalue size 2 are smaller than the pampers. Only by a small but bit still so went up one size in them might solve the problem with the front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

We got our appointment too Milly, might see you there!

Ohhh perhaps!!! Never mind me if I appear to be a mess.. Himself will be gone with the car so going to have to walk it in. And lets say neither me nor the little lady are morning people.. Best of luck with yours Lashes hope it goes great

H Decmum, Happy 8 Months!!! They are a nice find the supervalue ones I must agree. we had a little leakage when we tried her with them at night time (over the weekend) I think that has more to do with her sleeping on her belly more than anything, if they were just a little longer at the front we would be sorted.. but had her in them all day and they are spot on...

3 already wow, did he have much pain with them I hope not... Still waiting on herself to cut one I think she will get a side one first by the looks of things..

Got all excited today got the 8 month check up for herself with the HSE, don't know why im so excited I suppose I just want confirmation that she is going to be the genius we think she is :) or just flying it will do too[/quote

He was g and getting them just got a sore bum for a day and that was it hopefully he will get the rest as easy, do they get a check up with the phn around now I can't remember, I have him in size 3 supervalue nappies, he hasn't started to crawl yet he rolls over and over to get where he wants to go 🙂

Sounds good then with the teeth fingers crossed the rest goes the same. Yeah there is an 8/9 month developmental check with another doctor.. I thought twas 6months but nope...

Herself id say is ready to crawl she is just putting two and two together, she was mad moving her bum, then she started kinda doing this dolphin like movements, next day then up on the knees so just waiting for her to put two and two together..

Sounds good then with the teeth fingers crossed the rest goes the same. Yeah there is an 8/9 month developmental check with another doctor.. I thought twas 6months but nope...

Herself id say is ready to crawl she is just putting two and two together, she was mad moving her bum, then she started kinda doing this dolphin like movements, next day then up on the knees so just waiting for her to put two and two together..
    My lad lies on his back on shoves with his heels, he rolls onto his belly and has started to pull himself by his hands I'd say he is not far off putting his knees under him God help us when he does, I hope your little one is ok with her teeth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Does anyone have had an experience with sticky eyes? Been to the doc twice and he has had the chlorocyline (dunno if its spelt correct) antibiotic and the eye has been swobbed but nothin showed up. The antibiotic hasnt cleared it.

Doctor reckons it must be a blocked tear duct but he is almost 7 months and he has it since he has been about 3 months. Ive been told to use cool boiled water and a little baby shampoo to clean the gunk out but its still there.

Any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I have my little boy in pull ups at night because the normal nappies were always leaking. The waist band is elasticated to the seem to deal with all the movement better.

The teeth are a curse. My fella has 4 and there is at least 1 more in the way. He loves cold cucumber from the fridge, toast, apple and crusty bread at the moment because he can chew away on them and get some relief.

I know im all I love to see her changing and moving forward but at the same time, when she starts crawling it will be completely different. Which reminds me Aldi are having their Baby event this week I think, so stair gates are on sale..

If you are breastfeeding donkey10, a bit of breast milk might work or have you tried a cold tea bag... Herself used to get blocked ducts and I just kept cleaning them but nothing that would last longer than a week..

Im so tired, dont know if its the infamous 8 month sleep regression or teeth but Im going to bed while the going is good.

Heading for Aldi tomorrow for a look and then into Galway to browse next stage car seats. Our girl is 9th percentile so has ages yet in her infant seat but want to decide so I can keep an eye out for a good deal. We'll need 2 seats as well so it'll be costly.

Smyths usually have 20% off in Sept so if we decide on the Joie 360 I'll get it there then. Thats the one Im leaning towards. Have any of you thought about it yet?

lashes34 wrote: »
    Im so tired, dont know if its the infamous 8 month sleep regression or teeth but Im going to bed while the going is good.

Heading for Aldi tomorrow for a look and then into Galway to browse next stage car seats. Our girl is 9th percentile so has ages yet in her infant seat but want to decide so I can keep an eye out for a good deal. We'll need 2 seats as well so it'll be costly.

Smyths usually have 20% off in Sept so if we decide on the Joie 360 I'll get it there then. Thats the one Im leaning towards. Have any of you thought about it yet?

I got mine already. I couldn’t carry around the infant seat anymore and it was really difficult to put him into it properly if I left it in the car. He’s 75th for height so I got the Axkid Minikid so he’ll be rearfacing until 4.5 or 5. Must get another one for my moms car in a few months because she’s going to mind him when I go back to work. It’s an expensive business!

Off to Aldi as well tomorrow. I’m way too excited about it #sadmomlife!

Just after doing a clear out again, so cant say im too excited about the Aldi sale but might take a look at the gates alright... Super excited though that I managed to finish a new play blanket for the little miss, now tis superbly sown or anything but tis something new, I did try...

Did your meeting go well then Lashes ? I hope all is good... Get your sleep in while you can. The two of us were feeling very run down recently (not from herself keeping us awake) but just wrecked and feeling sluggish, I was wondering was there anything up with the water locally or maybe tis just the time for it...

We got the Joie Stages and have herself in it, from id say around 3months tis mighty. We ended up getting it in Halfords as they had a great deal on them. Keep an eye on their website as they were cheaper than Smyths. I love Smyths prices and think in fairness they do keep them lower, so was well surprised when I spotted the deal on the Halfords site.. We had to order online and wait for it to arrive but it was grand as there was no rush.

I was actually wondering too with the pull ups Bee, could they be used now rather than the nappies. What size do you get? Herself is very slight, in size 2 in the pampers still but the wriggling about she does and then sleeping with her bum in the air the front of the nappy gets full fairly fast...

I was actually wondering too with the pull ups Bee, could they be used now rather than the nappies. What size do you get? Herself is very slight, in size 2 in the pampers still but the wriggling about she does and then sleeping with her bum in the air the front of the nappy gets full fairly fast...

I just moved him into size 4 for the daytime nappies but have been using the size 4 pull ups for night time for a good while. Like you they just get so full that he needed the extra soakage in the 4 at night.

What meeting Milly? I don't need anything either, maybe some toys but nothing major. Have the stairgates but won't need them for a while. Herself is up on her hands and knees and has attempted a move but isn't there yet. So funny to see. Its lovely to see the progression.

The HSE one Lashes... Ah ok will take note with the gates then shall see, maybe jumping the gun a little bit with them...
    She is the same she managed to wedge herself into the corner of the cot today and was using the corner to push against, tis so cute. They try so hard I cant wait to see her face when she does manage it, god well have to have a party :)

Spent nearly 4 weeks planning a blanket to sew and putting bits together (turned out nothing like the amazing plans I had in my head) but anywho finished it, and gave it to her today.. It was like yeah but ohhh whats this a bag filled with ducks (the bag was an after thought and took 5 mins to sew) and well that's it, bag winner blanket sure I might aswell have put the duvet down

• Advertisement

Its not til next Thursday Milly, think they are all on the one day each month.

Good on you for doing it. I have a blanket half knitted, who knows when it'll be finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hi all! Great to see the little ones getting about! My guy is 8 months now and is crawling and pulling up! Flying it! No clapping or waving and seems to have no interest is too busy climbing about have any of yer little ones started this yet?

geez wrote: »
    Hi all! Great to see the little ones getting about! My guy is 8 months now and is crawling and pulling up! Flying it! No clapping or waving and seems to have no interest is too busy climbing about have any of yer little ones started this yet?

My little boy is 7.5 months and started clapping about two weeks ago and is waving with a bit longer. No crawling yet though. He did start doing the plank today though which is very funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hi all great hearing everyone’s updates!

Our little one is very much on the move, sniper crawl (think that’s what it’s called where they drag their legs by pulling with their arms) standing in the cot!!! She’s all go and I’m wrecked trying to keep up with her!! It’s tiring stuff! God knows what they will be like when they are walking!!!

How is everyone going with solids? Sometimes she’ll eat everything in front of her and other days she’s very fussy!! Sleep is still not great up 2/3 times

Solids not going great. She doesn't like weetabix or porridge or hard to get a good breakfast into her. Going to keep trying.

Sometimes she'll eat a fair bit and sometimes nothing. The weaning book I have said she should be having 3oz of food 3 times a day. I'm lucky if she takes 1oz 3 times a day.

When do I give breakfast before bottle?

What naps is he having OSI?

My fitness bit hit and miss with the solids too he defo preferring the fruit not always easy to get meat into him. Just keep saying food before 1 is just for fun!!!
    He's on four bottle last too taking around 25ozs I guess
    Will get there!

Sniper crawls haha.. Lovely to see all the updates..
    Sure we might meet indeed then Lashes if all the apps are on the same day! Geez great with the crawling, herself is still not going but close.. She started the planking too is so funny watching her.. I actually started doing excercises when she is playing on the matt on the floor, and she just thinks they are the funniest things ever.. Trying to give her good habits...

Doing mighty with the weaning, she is on two main meals a day and then in between she has some yogurt or rice crispies a small snack. Mind she is a monster, for breakfast she normally has ready break/oatmeal/Weetabix with some fruit and then dinners is veg and chicken.. Tried her on fish the last two days and she isn't really too keen on it.. Odd as she did like it before, so going to try again later with her... She was the same with the chicken I think it is more a texture thing with her..

I always gave her the bottle after her feed, she is down to 4 bottles now but she only gets a small bottle with her breakie 4oz.. I try to give her the milk with breakie out of a cup and she is getting much better with it...Cant leave her hold it for long because she pours it all over herself but she is getting there.

Down to nearly one nap a day also 1-2 hours at 1pm and then bed for 7pm.. She is a dream well sorry she has another nap in the morning after the 7am feed she goes down till around 10.30am..

Can I ask do yer los always answer to their name my guy is just over 8 months and will respond sometimes but if he is engrossed in a toy etc could ignore me until i say it several times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

lashes34 wrote: »
    Solids not going great. She doesn't like weetabix or porridge or hard to get a good breakfast into her. Going to keep trying.

Sometimes she'll eat a fair bit and sometimes nothing. The weaning book I have said she should be having 3oz of food 3 times a day. I'm lucky if she takes 1oz 3 times a day.

When do I give breakfast before bottle?

My little guy won’t eat weetabix or porridge and was totally at a los for breakfast but now I make a mixture of porridge weetabix and coconut and blend them up, then give one heaped tablespoon soaked overnight in milk and add warm milk in the morning and he eats this without fail!

Advertisement