Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Great ladies to see all the updates!

OSI my little one has practically the same routine.

Lashes my LO didn’t like the weetabix for a while, but I heated them and she likes them now! Fruit is a big hit in our household! If she is being fussy I give a yoghurt with fruit and she loves it :)

The planking is so funny.

Fiadh will ignore her name when engrossed in a toy or watching something else! Sometimes I catch her smiling to herself when she knows I’m calling her like she finds it funny to ignore me! It’s very cute :)

Has anyone thought they have changed a huge amount between month 6 and month 7! Such a difference

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

geez wrote: »
    Can I ask do yer los always answer to their name my guy is just over 8 months and will respond sometimes but if he is engrossed in a toy etc could ignore me until i say it several times?

I wouldn't worry too much about that, it comes with time.8 mths is still really small.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

geez wrote: »
    Can I ask do yer los always answer to their name my guy is just over 8 months and will respond sometimes but if he is engrossed in a toy etc could ignore me until i say it several times?

My little boy is 7.5 months and rarely answers to his name. I wouldn’t worry. Every baby develops skills at different times and can be ahead of the average in one skill and behind the average in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

He probably just having too much fun with the toys :)… Herself will ans to her name well look at you but she will also do that if you have food in your hand then she is all yours...I know one of the leaps was putting two and two together so maybe he is just still in that leap...

Figrolls what kind of coconut do you use, the desiccated stuff is it? Never thought of trying that and it is so good for everything...

I just love seeing the changes, there is defo more I found around the 7mth mark.. Like she is putting two and two together, like you open the press and take something out, She knows now if I go to her drawer in the kitchen that something is coming things like that...

Well back from the 9mth check in and she is flying it. She makes me so proud so she does, hips all in good action and she is hit all her milestones or well she is doing what she is supposed to be doing... She is still only slight weighing in at 15pd just over a little, but she was always petite.. The doc did say to maybe give her more food every 2hrs perhaps, I did notice this week that she was looking for nums more during the day so tis perfect timing really..

Lost our first sock though :) I kinda really want to go back and find it, as I know tis in the clinic but sure tis something to keep her first lone sock.... Hope you got on great lashes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

All good here too Milly. Happy with everything, she's only 14.6lbs but tracking along the same line for months so all good shes just small.

Delighted all looks ok with her. Its good to know shes meeting her targets.

Great stuff delighted, she is smaller than the little miss then.. They do worry you a lot at the beginning when they are small but sure I suppose they are only looking out for them.. Did you get a sense of the two clashing throughout the meeting the nurse and the doc? Kinda picked up a vibe or the Doc being a bit rude to the nurse..

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hiya great they got on well at the check up. What kinda things did they check weight height etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hiya great they got on well at the check up. What kinda things did they check weight height etc?

Yep really the same malarkey that they have checked before. But there is a doctor there also, they check their eyes also, and how they grasp things.. Then just ask about feeding patterns and how you are nothing major oh they check the hips too..

So funny how things change, she checks the hips while the baby is in the nip.. And then she gave her to me to hold (actually yeah there was defo conflict there between the doc and the nurse) anywho I was holding her and before it would be like sat (stat) get the nappy on before the pee arrives, she also had nappy balm all over her butt and I just couldn't care. Was so smitten with her and just was like well sure whats a bit of pee...

• Advertisement

I didn't really notice any tension between them but found the doctor a bit off in general. The nurse was lovely as always.

Glad all is ok with both babies Milly.

Im back to work in 3 weeks. It will be weird to be away from her but I'm going back Mon-Thurs and my husband works shift so should only be with the childminder 2 or 3 days a week. It'll be good to get back to a routine outside of the house but it'll be tough too.

Yeah I though the same the doc was a bit rushing through things I suppose it was standard stuff to her, but tis always nice to be well a bit not rushing you. It felt a bit like a quiz where you have to answer in 2mins :)

Oh best of luck going back to work, I hope you settle back to it ok.. It must be hard indeed, lucky that your husband is around with the shift work.. The break will be nice but I can imagine it will be hard not being with them all day.. A big change... I was thinking of maybe trying to pick up some weekend work (for sanity) as my husband is starting a new job Monday which means he wont be working from home now, so twill just be us.. After doing one week of it, tis going to be hard alright too but fingers crossed it will go ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Hi ladies just a quick question, my lad is 8 months and has 8 teeth is this normal

Id say so, my girl has 5.

My fella is 8 months next week and has 4 teeth with another 4 cutting though at the moment (he’s demented).

Everything is normal, no teeth, loads of teeth. Every baby is different.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Our daughter has none currently. But she is trying to stand up already. She's been crawling for a while and she's been attempting to shift her weight towards her feet while crawling. She's fallen a bit, and got a bump on the head last week too. Fun times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Our little fella has 2 teeth the bottom 2 which are supposed to come next I feel like there is another coming. He's flying by all means crawling and mad to be on his feet trying to pull himself up on anything he can he's also got cocky now and has started letting go of his support when he is standing. Haven't found a good that he doesn't love yet he's having 3 sometimes 4 solids a day and 3 bottles naps at about 10 and 2 bed for 7.30 still waking twice during the night though unfortunately

We will on be on ready to crack up when they get moving.. Laughing as i put herself up for her nap and as tis a crap day I said we would try some clothes on her to see if they still fit. She was wrecked in the end so she is asleep with a big wolly hat on her and quite the odd outfit, cant wait to do this when she is older where she can pick her own random outfit...

No teeth for herself yet but her gums have gone very white this week, still not sure has one cut at the back or is it just a notch on her gum... He poor bum for the first time has a rash, so something must be happening...

We have noticed so many changes in the little miss the last two days. There was some leap the last few weeks and we were really expecting the worst as it was saying they get a bit clingy and will cry a lot, she wasnt too bad at all.. And then yesterday and today it is like she has just grown up there are hugs, she is doing all kinda of differant movements. Up on the knees and putting one arm out as if she is doing some yoga or something and the babbling is just gas.. None stop

Our girl has been a nightmare the last couple of weeks. Her sleep is all over the place, constant crying and whining. Its exhausting.

She's starting in the childminder today, 2 short days this week, 2 full the week after to ease her into it. Im back to work 2 weeks today.

• Advertisement

I’m so glad you posted this Lashes. I was just going to post the same after battling to get him to sleep for his nap this morning. It’s just when it’s the two of us as well. He’s as good as gold for everyone else. He’s sleeping worse than a newborn and I’m just not able at the moment! I know it’s the leap but knowing why doesn’t make it any easier!

Oh stop, its head wrecking and yes she's so much better when my husband is home. Hes off the next 2 weeks so I might get a little bit of a break.

Shes awake at random times of the night, her naps are all over the place and it takes her an hour to fall asleep at night. Roll on the end of this phase.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My daughter started sleeping badly early last week. That 8-10 month sleep regression pattern I would suspect. Yesterday we treated the day a bit different. Gave her some new toys to play with, some new swings in the playground. Kept her up almost an hour later than usual and gave her a bath. She slept like a log last night again.

lashes34 wrote: »
    Oh stop, its head wrecking and yes she's so much better when my husband is home. Hes off the next 2 weeks so I might get a little bit of a break.

Shes awake at random times of the night, her naps are all over the place and it takes her an hour to fall asleep at night. Roll on the end of this phase.

Amen to that. My husband is off next week and I’m counting the days!

Going to make the most of the last of the nice weather this week and go to a few parks and nice walks and get him out of the house a bit more. Have defintely got stuck in a bit of a rut recently because I’ve been so wreaked.

I am changing her naps, trying to get her down to 2 naps and them to be over by 430. It has helped but it just means she crankier during the day but Im getting out walking. It'll just take a while for her to get used to it. We'll see but she definitely slept better last 2 nights. Its hard work but thankfully the weather is lovely.

Good thinking Cherryghost they do mention trying to keep their minds active so maybe thats the trick to change things all the time..Must do something.. Sorry to hear ladies that they are not settling but hopefully it will all pass soon, id be the same as Cherry trying just something new, even though her bedtime is 7 sometimes we take her out to the woods and maybe tis the fresh air but she always sleep well after

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Lashes being at a childminders may actually help.The routine of childminder & work etc. Often makes them so tired that they fall into bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Same here ladies! Our LO won’t nap well lately!!! Just fights it.

Been back to work 2 weeks now, god it’s tiring!!! All the juggling and Fiadh is so busy now! Crawling, pulling up on things.. can’t be trusted for a minute it’s all go go go! Fun times ahead!

Fair deuce to ye ladies for heading back to work it cant be easy, fingers crossed it is just a phase and they will settle back soon.

Has anyone else's baby started to rub one of their ears.. I know first thing is ear infection but it isnt sore or anything, she was doing it more on one side and now is at the other..Im sure tis nothing but would like to know...

• Advertisement

Oh ok that was kinda next on the list, glad to hear tis a norm to do. God so many opinions could have you running to the doc with them.. I just thought as she wasnt in pain twas ok.. It must be so hard for them with the teeth, I remember the wisdom teeth coming through and the effects that has on yourself all over ust be as bad with teeth first time

Advertisement