Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Actually didnt think it was bad this year loved it, mind the songs and that i still think they should be christmas pieces rather than these songs that are too old for the kids.. Was nearly having an emotional moment with the kids at the end, had a tear in my eye then picked up the cat and he done a massive fart and i mean it stank i was like right thats ruined that :)..

So ladies what are ye getting for the little ones this year for their first Christmas and Birthdays? We are planning a quite party mind all the family will be here which is great, was kinda hoping we would have other kids but their nephews are older so we shall see if i can recruit some. For her birthday we have some Luvimals (cus she likes the one i have) and an ecter sketcher thingy.. for Christmas then we are planning to get a trike and for her stocking we have some Alphabet letters for the fridge, and a milky way bear,.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

We got a few bits in Smyths when they had 20% off in Sept and just wrapped them last night. We got a ball pond, blocks, an animal ark, a soft doll and a bongo drum. Her aunt has a trike for her and loads other toys from family so don't want to go overboard. Some things family are getting are 18/24months plus so will put some away til next summer so she doesn't get bored of it all at once.

Not sure what else to get but it doesnt seem much for birthday and Christmas.

that sounds like loads lashes34 im sure she will be delighted with it all... Missed the 20% off deal with smyths darn it but have been keeping watch on the trike and it doesnt seem to go down muc (the lied about the black friday deal sure twas the same price) Hoping to maybe get a deal with this AIB rewards thing..

Does anyone have the babylo highchair? Just pondering we have a mammia one and i have been trying to get a new seat liner for it as it ripped, have been checking their website for spares and they never have any in stock. Customer service is ****e too all they say is ohh you missed it when it was in stock... Was thinking the babylo would fit it just wondering do they do spares

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hard to believe our daughter is almost 1 year old already. Our one has started running now, sorta out of control running, but running nevertheless! A few bumps along the way as a result. Looking forward to the holidays with her

When is the birthday Cherryghost? Are ye all set for it.. Running sounds like lots of fun haha not...Are there more bumps and falls? Herself hasnt started walking or running yet but getting more interested in it... Well proud of her though she knows the signs now for milk, hi and eat.. Im like weak

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Milly Dec 19th :) Have everything bought, heading to the parents house for a little party and stay for Christmas. She's very used at this stage to walking and running, she knows when she's losing balance and she falls back on her bottom. A few bumps and unexpected falls but she seems to be doing well so far.

Very good on the milk hi and eat thing, our one doesnt really know. How's the sleeping patterns these days?

So close to the big day then,we are the 22nd so not too far behind.. The bumps are very scary I think but so funny how they manage them, they are so clever.. Goes to show going back to basic's well i suppose once you progress isnt a bad idea..

Nice plan for the birthday and for Christmas, that will be loverly.. We were going to travel but called it and said we would stay put was kinda hoping more would come up to us but nope but tis grand we will have my family here which are the best ever so thats good.

The sleeping is a little all over the shops the last few weeks. Kicking myself really I know the book said do not cut out the 7am feed and sure she started sleeping tis around 9 so we did, but now she kinda wakes every second to third day early. Has a nasty cold too at the moment the snots are just like accckkkk. I hate snots so surprised im handling it so well

We're having her party on Saturday, really looking forward to it now. Both families are coming, will have about 20 and my brother is doing food so that'll be nice. Im doing the cake!

She is coming along so quickly, its crazy. Not walking but pulling up and starting to stand with little to prop her so it won't be too long Id say although she is quite unsteady walking with us holding her hands. She has so many words already and I wasn't expecting it so soon. Came home from childminders yesterday saying Santa and today she can now say Jack! Its gas.

Happy birthday to all the December babies.

Oh loverly to hear Lashes!! See they all do their own thing when they are ready dont they... The words are great, herself might have said hi yay and baby but thats with exceptional listening :).. I hope the birthday party goes great! Loverly to have both sides of the family too there..

Have you practiced the cake yet? What are ye going for.. I must plan ours tis only a number one but debating just buying a cake and decorating it as i dont have the dish to do it anywho, ill make queen cakes...

Cake will be thrown together, not a lot of time this week. Definitely they all do their own thing. Our girl only sat fully unaided a few weeks ago and we're only at the stage of trusting she wont fall back now. Had to be referred to physio 6 weeks ago and all but shes fine. She just has a tiny body and a big head!

• Advertisement

Really, physio and is she all ok.. I remember one of my nephews had a huge head when he was a baby twas odd well not looking but had never seen it before and sure he is just beautiful always was but his head didnt grow or anything like that

Ya she's grand. Head is 75th centile and her weight is 9th but it doesnt look overly big. Shes fine though now and sitting by herself.

she sounds perfect , glad all is ok though. As if there wasnt enough to worry about..

I find it fascinating observing our kids learning at different levels. For example ours is running around, sleeping like a log and eating small versions of our meals at this stage, but hasn't really said a word yet, or figured out shape sorters (I desperately try to help her :D)

they are the best aren they. Cant wait for the walking and talking to start..

we have so far clap hands (this only started maybe 2 weeks ago)
    Climbing and standing up is grand and has free stood for a little bit.
    She bangs things like drums and that and she does get it, does little dances too which is gas

Happy New Year to Everyone!!! So how did the festivities go for all.... Good? Bad? Odd? Ours was a little mm hectic, lovely and missing something which I think was us but all good now and looking forward to a great new year and getting ourselves back on track. Was one of those Christmasses that I never really got the feeling for.. Was thinking it would be so magical but that little feeling never hit, be it because emotions were too high or just being housebound for so long before it all happened.. Birthday party went great and it was loverly to have all the family together, I think i put too much pressure on myself to have everything perfect though so was just wrecked. Christmas again was lovely but just not as magical as i thought it would be.. Didnt really get to do the unvaling of the Santa pressie as i had hoped so that was a bit of a bummer but sure, haha im already planning how to make this years better and have come to realise that i need to relax a little and not everything has to be perfect..

Herself has thrived since her birthday, it was like all the people she had around just made her go miles ahead of where she was.. We have a few new words with the signing, and while she hasnt walked yet she has stood alone for a few moments any day now (which means maybe next month) im sure but she is thriving. Started to wake now at 8.30/9am haha which is a shock to me defo but looking forward to maybe going to some groups maybe with her or getting a new plan going... Met a lovely lady in town who said the baby group in the play zone across from us is quite good to just meet other people so might try that soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Happy New Year Milly! Christmas/birthday here was good but mad as well. I felt like we got so little time for just the three of us between all the demands of seeing the in-laws (spent Christmas Day to 27th with them) and then my own family who were home for Christmas as well. Looking forward to getting back to normal and not having visitors calling every day.

My little fella took his first steps on his birthday and it’s mad how much he understands now. I’ll say wipe your face and he’ll do it and he loves waving hi and goodbye. So cute. His sleep is still crap but I’ll struggle on. It had improved in the run up to Christmas so hoping getting back into a routine will help. He’s teething mad as well at the moment so that’s not helping.

Hi Bee wow first steps and on his birthday!! has he done much since, it must be so cute and scary to see them walking around...How many teeth does he have now, herself has her two bottom ones, and i think just before christmas she cut two on top aswell. I hate when they just get a shock of pain with them and her nappies were horrendous as well..

What is his sleep routine like now? It can be so hard to keep the sleep routine going especially with visitors coming and going and travelling... Sounds like a nice but hectic Christmas so.. I was half thinking before we take the decorations down that we might have a little mini christmas here again we shall see...

My girl is reacting again to the 12 month vaccines. Got them last Thurs and temp back again along with bad form. Poor baby. She's also teething, got 4 molars in the space of a few days and they're still at her badly. Feel so bad for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 decmum

Hi ladies haven't been on here for a while, my lad was 1 the 11/12, he still isn't crawling, he rolls himself, not much words only dada and ma ma, the cmo did his 9 month check up and has him attending physio, she also sent him to a paedeatrician who said he was underweight, he has always been underweight 2% centile they both gave different reasons for sending him to physio and the paeds wants to see him again in april, also should the phn not done the 9 month check-up should I be worried is there something they are not telling me?

• Advertisement

If something was wrong they would 100% tell you. We had similar concerns about our daughters hip, sent twice for scans and both times were grand, now the HSE doc wants a third opinion from a paedeatrician (which honestly is a waste of time tbh but anyway). It's in their interest the baby grows up healthy and I very much doubt they would hide anything from you.

Our one managed to nab some leftover christmas Pringles yesterday. She devoured them before I realized! Her molars are coming through too but she doesnt seem to care, she's just running around the house at this stage. She was even trying to copy me sweeping the floor with a broom! She's got some energy, she lifted a full sized broom into the air!

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hi Bee wow first steps and on his birthday!! has he done much since, it must be so cute and scary to see them walking around...How many teeth does he have now, herself has her two bottom ones, and i think just before christmas she cut two on top aswell. I hate when they just get a shock of pain with them and her nappies were horrendous as well..

What is his sleep routine like now? It can be so hard to keep the sleep routine going especially with visitors coming and going and travelling... Sounds like a nice but hectic Christmas so.. I was half thinking before we take the decorations down that we might have a little mini christmas here again we shall see...

Very little walking since! He got a little tractor for Christmas and he loves pushing that around though and he can walk faster that way. Walking by himself if too slow for him I think!

He has had 8 teeth since he was 8 months and teething on and off for the next ones but nothing coming. His nappies are horrific as well. His poor bum is so sore.

He has 2 naps a day 10 and 3 and goes to bed around 7.30 - 8.00 and up around 6.30 normally. He’s very good with naps and bedtime most of the time now. It’s just the middle of the night is a disaster. It’s been particularly bad the last couple of nights as well. He’s usually very good to go back to sleep but it could take an hour at the moment. Not fun for me!

You could do a Women’s little Christmas for your little woman!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

A bath of water with bread soda in it is good for the nappy rash bee.A couple of nights of that should help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

A bath of water with bread soda in it is good for the nappy rash bee.A couple of nights of that should help.

Little Womens as I like to call it, as we are short!! Perhaps we might do indeed just to do something nice.. I cant believe I went out today to get a new diary and calendar and all the valentines stuff is up already is there any break from stuff.. She was suppsoed to get her vaccine today as it was too close to Christmas to get it, was laughing as myself and herself are very warm most of the time and even the way i dressed her today was just tights and a short sleeved dress, so nothing too warm. She was too hot to get her vaccines done, the place was boiling... Going to have to go back next week with her to have them done. Laughing as it really does confirm my thoughts that she does get too hot. Took her temp before going for her nap and she is grand now...

They can be lazy enough id say with the walking if they figure out a quicker way to do things, mind then that just means they are super clever... She was pushing the chair around here too and walking with it, she thought twas so funny but i was just waiting for the chair to topple so I dont let her do it all the time...8 teeth wowzer, nearly there so have you started to brush them yet? I was going t buy those wipes but then thought about it and said no. I have a toothbrush and paste ready to go but havent started yet.

Bless Decmum hope ye are doing ok. I am sure they would tell you if they thought something was up, sure they have too. I suppose you could always call in and ask them should ye be worried. I am sure he is fine though just doing things at his own pace. They are all so differant. I know one nephew didnt speak for a long time, one other baby used to scout on the ground like a monkey until she around 2 and then just took off.. nothing like the visits to get ye worried about things but you know yourself if he isnt ok... It really is true that the parents know best..

Oh the bottom rash is so nasty, she gets these little kinda pimples or welt marks when it gets very bad. It only lasts max a week but it is horrible seeing them get that bad. Even wiping I always try to be so gentle when it gets bad.. We used a mix of lavendar and coconut from day one for her bottom (just fill up a big bottle and pump it out as we need it on cotton) and when it gets bad i just use more coconut it does seem to relieve it a bit that and the moo goo nappy balm we have found great..Still i suppose they will get it anywho must remember the bread soda one, is there any end to what you can use that stuff for (except for making scones, i made the mistake of using it instead of baking powder does not taste good :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hi all,

Great to see people posting again and nice to get updates on how people are getting on! Our little one turned one last week! It’s mad how quick (and slow!!!) that year went!

She’s doing great! Cruising on furniture loads and walking across the room but not comfortably yet! 7 teeth in total and just a complete show off! Loves when she has people’s attention! Amazing to see how much they learn and how quickly they do it!

Quick question for those who breast feed... any advice on how to drop it? I literally only feed herself to sleep, and only when I’m on my own! My husband rocks her to sleep or lies on the bed beside her and she’s happy with that but if I’m on my own she just cries until i feed her! Like it could be 3 days since I last fed her and it’s not at the same time when I do! So it’s not habit and I don’t consider it a feed (she takes a bottle now!) But just expects it once she’s tired and i lie down beside her! Any advice???

Is it a case I just have to refuse and put up with the tears? If so how long does that last for?

Dito tis loverly to see the progress everyone is making... Sounds like ye are doing great with the breastfeeding Pocos cutting down on it as such. Not still breastfeeding but after talking to a few people the last month about it (and not saying it is now) but a lot of mums actually do still like to breastfeed for the bonding at this age, which thinking back on it i thought was very special.. It must be hard to stop it especially as it is kinda yer thing the bond and all that. The closness you get from it, haha I still do the trick of wrapping the blankets from the dryer on me so she will give me a big cuddle.. Just love it the snuggles you get.. So cute

Finally got herself the 12mth vaccine today was really hoping it would go ok as with the outbreaks at the moment, i just wanted to get it done and dusted. A bit like you lashes, she was great all day but going to bed she was all out of sorts bit of a temp, and her little legs were sore. Put a bit of aloe vera on them I hope she gets a good night sleep now...Bless the effects it has on them but very glad that she was born after 2016 by the sounds of it

I booked my fellas 12 month vaccines yesterday. All the men B stories in the news were freaking me out as well. Then I went and got the flu vaccine for myself and my arm is so sore so I’m dreading going even more now. The poor things :( but it’s for their own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Is it recommended to get the flu vaccine if not in a vulnerable group? I had flu a few years ago and don’t care to catch it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

decmum wrote: »
    Hi ladies haven't been on here for a while, my lad was 1 the 11/12, he still isn't crawling, he rolls himself, not much words only dada and ma ma, the cmo did his 9 month check up and has him attending physio, she also sent him to a paedeatrician who said he was underweight, he has always been underweight 2% centile they both gave different reasons for sending him to physio and the paeds wants to see him again in april, also should the phn not done the 9 month check-up should I be worried is there something they are not telling me?

Is he sitting up well decmum? Can he get from lying to sitting on his own? Sounds similar to one of my twins a year ago. It’s good that you are being seen. We saw the cmo at 15 months. But only saw a good paediatrician at 23 months. Is your boy pointing or waving? They’d be milestones to look out for in next couple of months. My boy is delayed but progressing well. It’s hard to know if it will be a long term issue or not. Only time will tell.

Advertisement