Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

haven't been on in ages but everything still going well with us. Nausea still pretty bad and was really upset last night with how sick i am of being sick. ive just hit the 10 week mark this week and we have our hospital apt in 2 weeks and then we get to tell our family and friends. I was planning on doing the mini martahon in dub in the morning but will have to tell friends and family i got a bug and that's why i can't do it. bloody hate lying to people as have had one or two people wishing me luck for tomorrow and have had a few donations come in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Had my 12 week scan today and everything is looking good. Now to start telling everyone. I don't suppose it's acceptable to just send out a group text?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

How did the announcement go bee06?!

I am 13+1 today, was hoping the exhaustion would magically disappear but it hasnt :(

Have ye looked at buggies/travel system yet? We went for a look last weekend, its so difficult.

Told my family last night and it was grand. No tears or major fuss thankfully! Must tell my manager today and the parents in law at the weekend.

Haven't even started thinking about the minefield of buggies, car seats etc! My sister in law has 2 kids so will be asking her advice I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭geez

Hi all hope everyone is well! 14weeks and much more energy thank god. We are going looking at buggies etc this weekend! What are other people thinking? The uppababy seems popular and I love the bugaboo chameleon. I feel like I'm huge already trying to make sure I eat well but that doesn't happen all the time😬

• Advertisement

geez wrote: »
    Hi all hope everyone is well! 14weeks and much more energy thank god. We are going looking at buggies etc this weekend! What are other people thinking? The uppababy seems popular and I love the bugaboo chameleon. I feel like I'm huge already trying to make sure I eat well but that doesn't happen all the time😬

Geez we went for a look last week, the uppababy vista and bugaboo cameleon were top for us but the vista is what we kept coming back to. Its so difficult though and I havent a clue what we will end up going with. Not planning on ordering until after my 20 week scan but kinda wanted to decide and be done. All the other stuff I havent a clue of!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Hey everyone we went for an early scan the other day everything is going great very exciting to see the baby moving around and knowing everything is ok. We are now 12+5. Seen a thing online in the baby elegance shops they have a new baby bundle for €999 it has a cot high chair bath buggy car seat changing table and alot of other stuff. It looks very good to me just wondering has anyone else seen it or have thoughts on it?

Yep I did look into it, not in great detail but the buggy doesnt get good reviews. Would like to see it all in real life though and decide then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yeah we looked in to that bundle too as it looked great but buggy not rated good at all so think we are going with something different. Himself wants a bugaboo but I'd like to try a few diff ones before we decide.
    I heard the uppa baby is good too.

We had our 12 week scan on Wed. All good. Had bloods etc with midwife. Scan went well and all looks good. I'm actually 13 weeks today.
    They said I don't go for another scan until I'm 20 weeks or so and that's the anomaly scan.
    They said I had ketones in my urine and midwife asked was I finding it hard eating and drinking and I am. It's not serious but just something to be careful of.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 crestedten

I'm gonna show myself up as the clueless man I am here, but could someone fill me in on what's so great about these Bugaboos? All I keep hearing is about how all the "bloggers"have them and then hearing prices of 1500 quid tossed around. Are they actually some amazing product that makes them worth 3 times what most of the equivalent systems I've seen are, or are you just paying for the prestige of having the same buggy as a few randomers on Snapchat?

• Advertisement

I'd love to know the answer as well! For 1500 Euro I'd be expecting it to change nappies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Popping in from November thread. I have a Bugaboo Cameleon, I bought it second hand though for €300. I don't know that I would pay €1200-1500 for a new one but it is a fantastic buggy. Very lightweight, great small turning circle, incredibly easy to manoeuvre, I have had friends buy them (second hand!) after pushing our and seeing how light it is. Easy to put together, the wheels come off which I find great when they are mucky or it doesn't fit in someone else's boot with them on. And it comes in pretty colours :)

We've had ours two years and it's about 7 years old now, still in perfect condition and everything working fine, it gets used most days so is tough out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hayleenaj

Very late to this, as wasn't a board member before this... but have our first scan this week at approx 12 weeks. Due date is 26th Dec, but will find out for certain this week. Was worried if everything was ok because I hadn't had sickness/ nausea so went to the GP yesterday and got to hear the babies heartbeat as he did an ultrasound. Wow! :) First time, and have had 7 weeks now to overcome the surprise/ shock. So excited for the scan. December feels so far away...

I've had very little nausea as well. It was totally freaking me out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

bee06 wrote: »
    I've had very little nausea as well. It was totally freaking me out too!

Same here! I had practically no symptoms which was unusual for me. I was nearly hoping for the nausea to come just for the reassurance but have been getting waves of it the last few days now and now I just want it to stop!! ;-) Ironically I'm nearing the end of my first trimester which is typically when most women's nausea eases and mine seems to be just starting! Have my first scan on Wednesday at 11+3. Can't wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Best of luck with the scans ladies. It's such an amazing feeling.

We got our harmony results back and all is good thank god. It was well worth the money to me for peace of mind. We were supposed to find out the gender but we didn't tick a box at the time ( I honestly thought I had). We will have to wait now until the 22 week scan.

Still no sign of a hospital appointment yet and we're 13 weeks today. I thought we would have heard something by now.

Sickness is still here but not as bad, I feel wreaked tired though, could sleep the rounds of the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭missjuly

Hope everyone is getting on well! I'm 14 weeks today:-). Does anyone know what the order of appointments is I only did this two and half years ago and I forget! I had my booking visit already but then I don't think I'm back with hospital till 20 weeks scan and even that I think is just in the ultrasound department don't know if I'll see the doctor that day?! For my appointment it just says scan. When do we go see our gp? I clearly have a great memory!

The appointments I have booked are;

18 weeks - midwife
    20 weeks - scan (dont think we see anyone else that day but not sure?)
    26 weeks - glucose test (but you might not need that)

GP starts at 24 weeks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Do you have the little white booklet for your info? They're listed on that, gp at 24 weeks.

We have/had:

Week 10 dating scan
    Week 11 Midwife
    Week 16 consultant
    Week 20 anatomy scan

GP wants us in every 4-6 weeks as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

crestedten wrote: »
    I'm gonna show myself up as the clueless man I am here, but could someone fill me in on what's so great about these Bugaboos? All I keep hearing is about how all the "bloggers"have them and then hearing prices of 1500 quid tossed around. Are they actually some amazing product that makes them worth 3 times what most of the equivalent systems I've seen are, or are you just paying for the prestige of having the same buggy as a few randomers on Snapchat?

Never fear! You're not the only clueless one here. Heard a few people on about them as well. 1500 quid is mad money to be throwing around for a buggy.

Speaking of, we actually went to have a look at buggies at the weekend and tested most of the more talked about ones including the Bugaboo. The Bugaboo was nice and light, but it felt a little flimsy and the brake handle is horribly designed. For the money there seems to be far better value out there. The iCandy Peach was just as light, manoeuvrable and foldable but felt much better built. It was also a good bit cheaper at 1200 for the frame, pushchair, bassinet and a few little bits, whereas the Bugaboo was 1500 just for the frame and pushchair. Mama's and Papa's also did a similar buggy again that was slightly heavier but you got the frame, bassinet, pushchair, car seat, iso fix base and a few accessories for less than 1200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Looking forward to road testing a few although I don't imagine final decision will be mine...

...oh for the days I used to road test cars for fun.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya i started looking at video's of buggies on youtube to hear some reviews. had seen one i liked but do you think i put down the name God No!!!

still getting my morning sickness on and off. had the worst day yesterday and was in bed all day. and then was sick twice when i eventually got up. feeling a tad better today so got out for a walk to clear the cobwebs. Have my hospital apt on fri and can't bloody wait. with me being so sick yesterday it has given me ressurance that everything is ok.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Clueless husband here :D

Wife is due early Dec, we had our first scan 2 weeks ago. Pretty amazing feeling seeing and hearing the baby. Our first Antenatal is tomorrow... do they really go for 2 hours? Really tight on time off at work for the rest of the year, would rather keep my time off for scans or possibly more 'important' visits.

Ours took an hour, but it's worth noting I wasn't let into the midwife or blood work appointments with her so you wouldn't really be missing much.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

crestedten wrote: »
    Ours took an hour, but it's worth noting I wasn't let into the midwife or blood work appointments with her so you wouldn't really be missing much.

Cheers for the feedback. I'll consider passing on it so.

Mine took an hour but I was waiting 2 hours to be seen. My husband didn't come with me. It's just lots of questions really. Nothing interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 What_to_do999

bee06 wrote: »
    Mine took an hour but I was waiting 2 hours to be seen. My husband didn't come with me. It's just lots of questions really. Nothing interesting.

Has anyone had their first 12/13 week appointment in Holles Street and had a scan at that appointment?

I had a number of complications in the early stages and while I went for a private scan a few weeks ago for peace of mind I was hoping for a scan at the first appointment due to take place next week. I've been unable to reach anyone on the phone in the clinic, just keeps ringing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Had my first scan yesterday. Such a relief to finally see the little image on the screen and know that everything's as it should be. And such a relief too to finally be able to tell people and talk about it - my head was melted from keeping it to myself! Clinic next week so we've definitely started down the long road!

Advertisement