Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to the airport during strike?

Options
  • 06-04-2017 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello Meath forum,

I expect a relative to arrive for a prolonged visit on Easter Sunday ( April 16th).

However given that the talks on resolving the bus strike are going nowhere fast ( oh puns...) I fear that she may be in difficulty upon arrival at Dublin airport, particularly as I do not drive.

I would be most grateful if anyone could provide some data on travel to my home just outside Kells in North Meath either directly or through Dublin city centre.
    Ideally I would hope to avoid an expensive taxi fare to Meath but I realise that we live in challenging times!
    For extra points : the relative in question is a young girl, I would consider it preferable to be at the airport to greet her.

So in summary, is it possible to get to/from the airport during a bus strike using private coaches or some other affordable means.

Many thanks to all for taking the time to read this and for any advice available.

Advertisement