Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamper Error

Options
  • 06-04-2017 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

My elderly father in law had to have a new window fitted, so the window installer removed the window shock sensor, I've fitted the sensor back on the new window,which triggered a tamper alarm, however the alarm will not arm as normal, and displays " open zone 006" which is the sensor on the new window.

The alarm is a HKC, not sure of the exact model, any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

cbr900 wrote: »
    My elderly father in law had to have a new window fitted, so the window installer removed the window shock sensor, I've fitted the sensor back on the new window,which triggered a tamper alarm, however the alarm will not arm as normal, and displays " open zone 006" which is the sensor on the new window.

The alarm is a HKC, not sure of the exact model, any info appreciated.

Magnet may not be lined up correctly.
    Also on the HKC sensors the arrow needs to point upwards to close the circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

I've fitted the sensor back on the new window,which triggered a tamper alarm.

Is the system still giving you tamper alert or just when you fitted the new sensor,also as altor said the arrow on the shock sensor (clear plastic cyclinder)needs to face upwards to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cbr900

many thanks guys, the arrow on the shock sensor was the problem, all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

many thanks guys, the arrow on the shock sensor was the problem, all sorted now.

Glad you got it sorted.
    Catches most people on here out :D

Advertisement