Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ballygriffey woods

• 06-04-2017 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Good evening. I have heard a few people talking about ballygriffey woods but cant find it on google maps and not much info online. Ive heard its a lovely walk at this time of year. Can anyone shed some light on directions from ennis.

Also has anyone else any hidden gem walks or places they'd like to share. Weathers promised good for weekend, so might go to a few places off the beaten track

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Head out to Ruan village and take the leftbif you are coming from ennis. Its down that road a bit. You'll see it, there is a sign. I went once last yr, disn't thi k it was very nice. A friend was with me and said that a lot of the trail that went through the woods looks like it has been closed up. If you are out that way Dromore Woods is great and has a range of walking tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭oppiuy

mel.b wrote: »
    Head out to Ruan village and take the leftbif you are coming from ennis. Its down that road a bit. You'll see it, there is a sign. I went once last yr, disn't thi k it was very nice. A friend was with me and said that a lot of the trail that went through the woods looks like it has been closed up. If you are out that way Dromore Woods is great and has a range of walking tracks.

Dromore is lovely. We moved down in 2015 and have done a good bit of exploring all the known hotspots. Gonna try find some new places. Kind of inspired by that recent bbc program about the west of ireland. Prob head towards Ballyvaughan after and find that old Abbey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,471 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

mel.b wrote: »

Ballygriffey was mentioned in a national newspaper around christmas as one o the top 10 'hidden gems' of Ireland

I thought they were just talking about Dromore, hadn't heard of Ballygriffey before.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Akrasia wrote: »
    Ballygriffey was mentioned in a national newspaper around christmas as one o the top 10 'hidden gems' of Ireland

I thought they were just talking about Dromore, hadn't heard of Ballygriffey before.

When i googled it that article came up but nothing else.. gonna check it out on saturday and let uou know how we get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Google maps link to the entrance, I'd completely forgotten about these woods, Might pop out there myself :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement