Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVIDIA TITAN Xp released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well there goes all website benchmark scores who called the second generation Titan X a Titan XP.

Edit: I suppose they could just use a lower case p to differentiate between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

With the 1080ti being so damm close to its predecessors performance, I'm not really surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Not surprised by this at all. That'll be the last push for the pascal cards.

Price tag on it will be stupid I'm sure though so I'll just stick with my 1080ti that I'm still waiting on :|

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

10XX = Gaming
    Titan = Deep learning

As they've basically randomly decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

10XX = Gaming
    Titan = Deep learning

As they've basically randomly decided.

They've been doing that since the original Titan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

At this stage anyone buying a Titan for gaming just hates having money in their pockets as Nvidia follow the exact same time frame of launching Ti versions of their top gaming card (980Ti +1080Ti) 6 months after a new Titan comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Deep learning

On how you improove your fps? or does it actually have a use?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

On how you improove your fps? or does it actually have a use?

I think the deep learning arrived at is don't buy Titans for gaming and don't leave nVidia unchallenged in the market! :pac:

I'm not convinced by this Deep Learning/Gaming split. It's simply not how their marketed. If it was then one could say ah well they're just updating a different segment. They're not they're taking the 'p' quite literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

With that price tag it's a computer in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I think the deep learning arrived at is don't buy Titans for gaming and don't leave nVidia unchallenged in the market! :pac:

I'm not convinced by this Deep Learning/Gaming split. It's simply not how their marketed. If it was then one could say ah well they're just updating a different segment. They're not they're taking the 'p' quite literally.

Nvidia have been called out on the Deep Learning stuff being BS many times as the cards still have GTX in glowing letters on the side :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement