Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a house

Options
  • 06-04-2017 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, I am just wondering would anyone know how much it would cost to build a standard 3 bed 1 en-suite 1 bathroom bungalow in county mayo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Slough34 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am just wondering would anyone know how much it would cost to build a standard 3 bed 1 en-suite 1 bathroom bungalow in county mayo?

what size?
    including the land?
    including connections and charges etc?
    including finishes?
    what level of finish?

garage?

are you thinking of building? do you have land its probably still cheaper to buy if you dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Tigger wrote: »
    what size?
    including the land?
    including connections and charges etc?
    including finishes?
    what level of finish?

garage?

are you thinking of building? do you have land its probably still cheaper to buy if you dont

https://www.scsi.ie/advice/house_rebuilding_calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

180k-230k depending on finish, size, air to water?? heat recovery?? geothermal?? stonework?? planning, biocycle?

info would give you better guide

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Slough34

well I reckon about 12/1300 sq ft. Oil central heating. Basically it built, plastered internally and externally, electrics, plumbing, bathrooms installed! Nothing else no kitchen! It left so we can do the basics ourselves. Site is €50,000!

I'm just looking for a rough figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

Slough34 wrote: »
    well I reckon about 12/1300 sq ft. Oil central heating. Basically it built, plastered internally and externally, electrics, plumbing, bathrooms installed! Nothing else no kitchen! It left so we can do the basics ourselves. Site is €50,000!

I'm just looking for a rough figure?

excluding your site price

well , very rough guide would be that you would have it closed in for 100K

dig out foundation, pour concrete fill floors and house up to damp course= 10000

blocklayer= 10000

blocks, sand, cement etc 10000

windows/doors=10000

plasterer = 10000

wired including material and labour 6000

plumbing including labour / material but not sanitary ware=15000

roof- slate, timber etc=10000

carpenter for roof= 10000

2nd fix can go as expensive as you like, kitchen and utility would go from 7k- 15k

internal doors skirting, wardrobes etc 10k plus

some planners insist on fitting a heat pump as part of planning instead of oil boiler so be aware of that, as if you fit an oil boiler your engineer might not sign it off.

my price guides are very rough and rounded figures and probably excluding vat unless you know them. labour vat is 13.5% . material vat is 23%

direct labour will save you a lot if you have the patience

if you are getting a builder it would be about 200k for a builders finish id say

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Id try the price/cost forum on here, you might get a wider response

Advertisement